“Excellent hospitality”
Review of Mount 'n' Mist

Mount 'n' Mist
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We stayed in the place and experienced the wonderful hospitality by the staff. The property is well located in the midst of nature and aptly named as mount n mist. The quality and taste of the food was excellent. It is nearer to the main town of Ooty, so it hardly takes any time to reach Ooty for shopping. Rooms are pretty clean and well maintained. You have to stay there to believe it.

Room Tip: Any room is well placed and maintained. Just tell the number of people and Ravi will take care of y...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ACCUDIN
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Mount n Mist Ooty on Trip Advisor. It is such a pleasure to read complimentary feedback on guest stays. We are delighted to hear that you liked the ambiance, service, views and location of our hotel. I will certainly pass on your grateful appreciation to our team.

On behalf of everyone in the team we look forward to welcoming you back to Mount n Mist Ooty in the near future. Please join us on Facebook and Twitter to keep updated with all our offers and promotions.

Regards,

There are newer reviews for Mount 'n' Mist

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We (2 adults, 2 children) stayed at the resort for four days in the last week of December of 2012. We took the Queen's suite (2 Bedrooms and a hall).
Here is my take on the resort:

Pros
----
- Awesome view to the valley from the room with a spacious sit out
- Spacious and very well done rooms.
- Decent Breakfast Buffet (good choices for the calorie concious)
- Tasty food from the menu
- Well behaved staff. Good service (Cleaned at midnight on request).
- Good arrangement for camp fire, trekking, sun bathing etc
- Well maintained garden
- 3 TVs in the suite with good subscription to Tata Sky. Kids did not miss their favourite cartoon.

Cons
----
- Away from the city. Personal transport is a must have.
- Heater needs to rented for a whopping 500/- per night. Extra blanket is free though.
- No coffee maker, clock, or bed lamp in the room.
- Hot water is available only under the shower
- Plug points in the rooms are india only. Adapters are not available for US type plugs from the reception
- Limited choices for lunch and dinner

To sum up, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel.

Room Tip: Do not take the room that is under the restaurant. Noise from the restaurant can disturb the sleep.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Ribhu
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2013

Hello Guest,

We are extremely glad that you had a comfortable stay.Our endeavor is to give a memorable
experience to our guests.I am glad we succeed

Thanks for a lovely review.

Until we meet again,
Spread the Cheer.
Regards
ravi.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I went to this place by looking at the reviews from TripAdvisor..called up Mr Ravi and got to a confirmation that the rooms are available for 4 nights and tranfered the advance within an hour. went to the resort and it looked exactly as been told by other reviewers..."Excellent" It was the only word which be used to describe it. Food is awesome, even if you think its highly priced, you need to look at the quality of service. everything was fine till 3rd night and then Mr Ravi met me and told me that there has been a miscommunication between him and his manager and the room has been booked for have done a double booking for the same room and they requested to vacate next day morning. Mr Ravi offered me to stay in his other lodge "maruthi Cottages" in Ooty city. Thats where my grief started. As requested I vacated the room and went to Maruthi cottages just to find that there was nobody at the reception. even after informing that I will be reaching that place in 1 hour Rooms were not ready. It was double bedroom cottage. Looked. The receptionist came after me calling the owner, made us wait for 30 mins to get the room ready. The room was not anywhere close to the quality of Mount n Mist but I was charged the same rent as of it. (No breakfast, No Soaps, towels, (had to ask for it), water) I did not want to argue with the owner as I didnt want to create a scene over there. but I felt that once a commitment was made by Mr Ravi that the room was available for 4 days he should have kept it.

I am sorry to say Mr. Ravi I have lost trust in your words now. Dont know if I would be recommending this resort to others even though its a beautiful place to stay.

Suhas

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Suhas_Bangalore_VRP
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,
Firstly let me thank you for writing your views about your stay with us.I understand you were very comfortable staying at Mount n Mist,but do to booking confusion you were alloted rooms at my Cottage at Ooty for one day.I understand you were not satisfied there.
As we are responsible for your discomfort we apologise from the managment side.
I assure you there will not be any issues regarding this in future.
Hope to see you soon with your family & freinds.
Regards
ravi

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Good location, away from city.
Amazing view from the hotel.
Good service.
Courteous staff.
Nice, clean rooms. A little cold in winter (No room heater)
Decent food.
Few additional stuffs like hiking, bonfire etc.
Average/Low price even in season.

If the above satisfy your needs, this is a good place. Unless you are looking for big grand hotels and big grand rooms. :) but for the price on offer and comparing with the rest of the hotels in this price range. pretty awesome!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nongthom
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Guest

Greetings from Mount n Mist, Ooty!!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are delighted to know that the services rendered were up to your expectations. It is feedback such as yours that inspire us to strive for greater heights of excellence in our services.

Thanking you once again for your valuable feedback and looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Mount n Mist, Ooty.
Yours is a relationship we cherish.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed January 2, 2013

A beautiful place lying beneath the mountain. Awesome view from every cottage. One of the best Hotel/Resort to enjoy, especially during New year or other celeb'n. Wanna burst crackers for new year? They will provide u the freedom. Mr Ravi, the Owner of Mount n Mist, very kind and friendly person. Free Wi-Fi too..

Cleanliness: 5/5
Hotel View: 5/5
Food: 4.5/5 ( Chefs from North India)
Amenities: 5/5

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thanks for posting your review at Mount n Mist and glad to hear that you enjoyed the location and service!!
We are most thankful for the valuable feedback. It is indeed a team effort with an unwavering goal towards guest satisfaction, which constantly motivates us to be on our toes.
It is truly rewarding to note that your stay with us was comfortable and it is our constant endeavor to serve you better.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon and rest assured, we shall ensure all personal care.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was my first trip to Ooty..n after carefull planning(and taking feedback from tripadvisor) I decided to book Mount n Mist..frankly this resort exceeded my expectations. The property is situated on the outskirts of Ooty..doesnt take more than 20 odd minutes to reach Ooty..so you arent too far away from the town,additionally you also get the benefit of being in serene..absolutely pleasing surroundings. The pics uploaded on trip advisor or the website for the resort speak for themselves. Mr. Ravi(owner) and Jolly(manager) were great people. Hospitality, service, location get high recommendation from my side. Any concern was promptly resolved. Mr. Ravi also arranges for any treks or evening trips for jungle safari. Even small things like car wash etc were done without we even asking for it. All in all I would definitely visit again. Thx Mr. Ravi for making this trip for me and my family memorable.

Room Tip: Try and take a room away from the kitchen(that's the only noisy part in the resort). The rest of...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Greetings from Mount n Mist, Ooty!!!

Thank you for sharing your experiences at the Hotel on TripAdvisor.

Yours is a relationship we cherish.

Sincerely Yours

Reviewed January 1, 2013

It is indeed a beautiful place to stay .Beautiful gardens to stay all around the four directions,wi fi connectivity really attracts lots of customers to stay. Tariff,food and residential is really very good.Even the owner is very kind. It gives a relax to the mind and we really get peace of mind here.

Room Tip: Take a room which has a TV for a room when u go with your kids.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Surya D
maruthi05, Owner at Mount 'n' Mist, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

It was a great pleasure having you with us and I am glad to ready that you have enjoyed your stay with us at Mount n Mist.

We were all delighted to read such positive comments as it serve as a great motivation to all of us and I sincerely thank you for that.

We are all looking forward to welcoming you back in a not too distant future