“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 134 Ooty B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2012

This is a very nice place to stay away from the hustle and bustle of the main town. The owner Mr. Ravi is very good and takes personal interest in the guests

The staff are very helpful and food is decent for the price. We couldn't do a lot of the activities as our trip was sudden and not well planned, but there is hiking, fishing etc. that you should not miss out on

On the negative side, there was some insects issue in one of the rooms (we had booked 2 rooms) which came due to the lights. Also, lack of hot water in the wash basins made it difficult for us to manage since we had kids. Also, they accept only cash and not card which needs to improve.

Overall, highly recommended. Next time, we'll plan our trip and stay at this same place in spite of the negatives which we've already spoken to Mr. Ravi and I'm sure he will improve this place. For a 4 month place, this is excellent! Go for it!

Overall highly recommended

Room Tip: Try to book in advance to get the 3 bedroom cottage
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank zooter r

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Mysore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Our recent visit to Ooty is one of the very memorable trips for various reasons. most important of them is because of the place we chose to stay. From the moment we checked in, till we left Mount 'n' Mist, we enjoyed every moment. The ambience, serenity and heavenly feeling we got are better experienced than explained. The hospitality, care and concern are excellent.A decent, safe and affordable place if one intends to enjoy with family and friends. Early morning trekking with the guide was a nice experience. I would certainly prefer Ooty as a tourist destination and I do so more because now I know how it feels to stay at Mount 'n' Mist!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank ruthshanthakumari
Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Mount n mist as the name goes is located at a wonderful location with awesome scenery all around the resort. Rooms & toilets are very well maintained, rooms are very spacious though! Ravi & Jolly are very wonderful people and are very caring. The weather was just perfect when we visited Mount N Mist. Food is just like home cooked. Some of the badaga style curries were finger licking. At evening there is always bone fire to keep you warm. Ravi has really put in all the effort in doing up this place wonderfully well.

..munna

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
6 Thank SharadKanthi
Mysore, Karnataka, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Mount n mist is one of the best resorts in ooty.. i came to know about this from my friend..the place is wonderful with beautiful scenery around, well furnished and maintained rooms, a restaurant and several other amenities.. more than anything, the service was excellent.. Mr.Ravi showed a lot of concern and individual attention to all of us, which made us feel at home... we had also gone trekking with our guide Mr.Nathan.. it was such a great experience, it just made me go crazy about it and it makes me feel like going back again and again..hats off to you Mr.Nathan. one must stay in mount n mist if they are in Ooty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank preethi_sagar
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

I decided to go for a quiet, relaxed and natural place and after a 5 hours journey I got to Ooty where Mr. Jolly (Resort manager) a generous and happy person picked me up from the bus station and took me to the resort which is 20 mins away from the town.
I had a delicious dinner at the restaurant and relaxed; the next morning when I woke up and went to the balcony realized how beautiful and enlightening was to see the sunrise in the mountains then while having breakfast I met Mr. Ravi (owner) a very friendly person who is always gonna make you feel like at home.
I was only going to stay for two nights but ended up staying 5 days, I had plenty of time to read my books, meditate and practice yoga on the terrace. Although I was traveling on my own, I meet some other travelers who stayed there and where really friendly; one night we ask the chef If we could cook and we all made the traditional kappa and 'spicy' onion chutney, It was awesome and very tasty!
The staff was very helpful, When I needed to go to the town they always offered me a lift; Trekking is such a lovely experience, I was accompanied by two Indians and a lady who knew the place and showed me around, I was amazed by the beauty of the landscapes and the wild life. In the afternoons gets a bit chill but a good Chai will keep you warm.
The rooms are spacious and clean, the whole place is enchanted and I always felt comfortable, relaxed and well served.
if you are going to Ooty but want to relax after been overwhelmed with the city's noise, Mount n Mist is the place to be. I definitely coming back on my next trip to India.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
6 Thank menatm
Chennai (Madras), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

The people who loves nature, have to be here. The stay is perfectly structured, & designed which everyone ll loves. well maintained rooms, quality food with the friendly & kind hearted co - workers. Fantastic weather and It is ideal for Couple, Family & friends. Early morning jeep drive with escorted trekking will rejuvenate your both both body in mind.

"Mount n mist as by its name and It is"

If you are planning for ooty never miss Mount n mist

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
5 Thank Charteredtrip
mysore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

wonderfull place to spend time with the admist beauty of the kalhaty ghats .. the view from the hotel is at its best . the quality and every small detail in the hotel is very well focused by MR .RAVI .. adventure such as trekking,fishing etc adds extra fun and suprises ...i am really looking forward in making frequent visits to mount n mist ..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends