My wife and I have recently visited this lovely hotel in last week of Jan 2009. I booked the Red Rose package (2N/3D) plus 1 night complimentary on room only basis through Nivalink. The package was good at a price of 13999/-. We arrived at Coimbatore Airport from Mumbai at 10am by Kingfisher flight where we were received by the Hotel Cab (separately arranged by me). The road to Ooty was good however uphill ghaat road have 14 hair pen turns making our journey up to 3 hrs by road.
We reached hotel around 1pm. We were served welcome drink which was good and refreshing. The reservation desk (Manju) was nice to talk to. On my request for a room on Top floors (from where view is amazing) she upgraded my deluxe room for a day to Opal Suite on 6th floor. We were obliged by the gesture. We were given food coupans as per our package to be used in restaurant during our stay. The reception lobby was big and interiors were nicely done. We checked in into our room. Suite was amazing with lovely view of the nilgiri hills and Hotel garden (where camp fire happens). Bathroom was luxurious too.
For lunch, we went to Todas Café where a lavish buffet is organized daily. Too many choices for food. I liked Mutton rogan josh. The hotel has arranged local sightseeing in the package which was well executed by the people at Travel Desk (Francis & Jerry). We went to Wax museum, Tea estate, Valley view, Rose Garden, Botanical Garden, Ooty Lake and Thread Garden. I personally recommend Rose Garden and Thread Garden to visit if you are in Ooty. We were back at the hotel around 4:30pm. The ambience of the hotel itself was so good that we decided to spend rest of the days in the hotel only enjoying a nice view, weather (which was pleasant in the day and colder in the night but not chilly) and good food. We were given complimentary DVD player in our room to watch movies from Hotel’s DVD collection. The collection was not gr8 so I would suggest to bring your own dvds. We also tried Chinese cuisine at popular Jade Garden restaurant which was not upto the mark because their head chef was on leave and Asst chef was not that good. One lovely place was Valley Bar where excellent drinks were served by bartender (Manoj).
On checking out we were arranged the drop to Coimbatore by the Travel desk cab again. On checkout, we were told by Manju that since rooms were available they decided not to shift us from the suite and not billing us for the upgraded room. We were pleased by the gesture The stay was memorable because of very very cordial staff, excellent service and ambience. Overall I would recommend the hotel to be in if you are visiting Ooty on a vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the beautiful Nilgiri Mountains, the hotel stands tall with all elegance and style. A contemporary structure with a traditional feel, Gem Park Ooty has kept itself well with the spirit of the beautiful and picturesque city. It is located in the heart of the town, minutes away from key tourist attractions and major shopping areas. With its convenient location and fine service, the hotel has aptly gained favor of all business and leisure travelers who throng the city throughout the year. The hotel welcomes you to a stunning beautifully done up lobby with impressive Indian art on the walls. It is the spotlessly attired staff, ever ready to do the most to make you comfortable that makes the stay an experience for a lifetime. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotwire so you can book your Gem Park-Ooty reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Gem Park-Ooty Hotel Ootacamund
- Holiday Inn Ootacamund
- Ootacamund Holiday Inn
- Gem Park-Ooty India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)