“My Family Trip with Kids to ooty - Gem Park Good with Remarks.”
Review of Gem Park-Ooty

Gem Park-Ooty
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Location = Very Good
Price = Bit High
Food Price = Very Very High.
Include Brakefast = Good
View from My room = Very Good
Language English = Good
Location Near to Market = 1.5 km from Commercial Ooty Road.

When i asked them in such chilled / Cold that we are 6 people please lit up the fire camp which is kept at Garden , they asked me 1500 Rs More..i was surprised that it should be default available as its cold and just woods to lit up..

But i must agreed Location and View is amazing...!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
vinodgempark, Front Office Manager at Gem Park-Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Mr. Shailesh,

Greetings from Gem Park Ooty!

We thank you very much for your feedback and encouraging comments, which really encourages us to do better in days to come.

We look forward to welcome you back to Gem Park Ooty in near future and we assure you of our best services at all times.

with best regards

Reviewed January 14, 2013

Here's the ordeal: Checked in at this crappy place with my parents after travelling to Munnar and on way back to Bangalore thought of staying at ooty to cut down the long journey. Booked a room on a travel portal, and checked in at 6PM. At around 7PM ordered for some ice cubes and was told that their ice machine is not functioning, well then how the hell was the ice being served at the in house bar?

After a few minutes though of checking out the Ooty town along with my folks so went to the parking and as soon as I entered my car realized that somebody has tried to pick up my car stereo. Thought of first taking the car out from the parking lot, and since I was tensed about the could be theft while reversing I hit the small pond they have on the drive way. The car got damaged and the tiles from the pond came off. One of the Night duty manager was called to inform him about the stereo and the damage toour properties. This guy Deepak in an inhabited state asked the security to close the gates. The hotel management then started harrasing my parents and myself! We told them that we will be going to the town while our luggage is in the hotel itself, they did not let us leave at all. While arguing with them, they said we cab leave after paying them 25,000 for the damage my car has caused to the pond. My father being an property evaluator himself concluded the damage to be not more than 4,000/- INR. But the duty manager DEEPAK and the GM of the hotel Khan, did not let us leave the premises. Next day we called upon an advocate and on seeing the attorney Khan started threatening us that he knows the DM and the police very well and he can also do a lot of things. We ended up paying Khan 15,000 bucks and they were not ready to listen to our story of the stereo being tried to be pulled of from inside the car.

To all the visitors: Please do check out other places in ooty before deciding on this one, as this place it seems is being run by Goons who threaten , extort and bully visitors. Only if you know Tamil language try this place, else these people will lech you at every given moment. Stay at your own RISK. BAD management , Worst Manager and one drunken Duty manager is not a good cocktail.

9  Thank aditbelw
Reviewed January 13, 2013

I booked this hotel because I thought this is of The Holiday Inn group as told to me by my Travel agent. I am very disappointed by the service and the quality of rooms and food of the hotel. Also the staff not very polite. Visit at your own risk.

• Stayed: January 2013

Dear Mr. Prashant,

Greetings from Gem Park Ooty!!

Thank you for your review regarding your stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the accommodations and service you received. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

vinod

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Staying at Gem Park was a nightmare. The staff was so unfriendly and disrespectful. Service is slow and they literally make you beg for things, make you feel like you are at their mercy. It was originally run by holiday inn, there must be a reason they pulled out of this property. I would say, try out other options before you even think of settling for this one.

4  Thank Prachi M B

Dear Mr. Prachi,

Greetings from Gem park ooty!!!

Thank you for your review regarding your stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the accommodations you received. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We hope that you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

It was overall good experience !This was a holiday inn earlier not now, but still I would recommend it for family travellers. The location is good, the view is good from almost all rooms. rooms are spacious, though the decor is old. The travel desk is really helpful,

Room Tip: All rooms face Vally hence good.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
vinodgempark, Front Office Manager at Gem Park-Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Mr. Hariom,

Greetings from Gem Park Ooty!!!

We thank you very much for your review and definitely it will help us to serve you better.

We are pleased to inform you that the hotel has be renovated with 20+ rooms and approximately 30+ rooms will very soon go under renovated with the all modern amenities.

We look forward to welcome you in future.

with best regards
Vinod Kumar
Front Office Mangaer

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Let me start the positive! The view from the hotel is simply amazing! the garden area is lovely and indeed a great time pass.Food is good! Location is good!
The front desk needs to be more active. they take lot of time indeed!
The housekeeping team did not do the room when we returned back to the room! When I called up and enquirer about it, they had a lame excuse which was beyond my understating.
The bell desk took was called three times to take my luggage down at the reception area. Finally I did it on my own.
At the restaurant, the guys roaming around were little lost and I am not sure if they managed the guests properly.
The kind of money charged by these guys dos not match with the service indeed.

Room Tip: Take the room at level 5.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Rahul,

Greetings from Gem Park ooty!!!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

This hotel probably was a holiday inn earlier. Now its not, but still I would recommend it for family travellers. The location is good, the view is nice from almost all rooms. The travel desk is really helpful, they helped me planning my trip to connoor and back in the toy train. The lunch/dinner buffet is okay of sorts nothing great about it. There is one chinese restaurant (I forgot the name) downstairs which is good.
It could be difficult to find the road to this hotel so you may need to call the hotel once to get it right, a few more sign boards could definitely help.
The rooms are big enough and comfortable. The sit out arrangement just besides the window is nice!!

Room Tip: I think all rooms are valley facing, but it will be good to confirm.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
vinodgempark, Front Office Manager at Gem Park-Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2012

Dear Mr. Vichavan,

Thank you very much for your review and comments.

We look forward to welcome you back at Gem Park Ooty .

With best regards