“Great stay !”

Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Great stay !”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

Last week we had a very comfortable stay at Taj Savoy Ooty...we stayed in a suite (3 rooms + bath) and a real wood fireplace ! The whole suite was kept in excellent condition, the bathroom was extremely clean and well maintained. Service was prompt and courteous by all staff right from reception and security, to the restaurant. Overall, we enjoyed our stay very much !

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SavoyhotelOoty_India, General Manager at Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear Shenoy,

Greetings for the day !!!!

I thank you very much for your time to give a positive feedback about our hotel.

I am happy that you found our services, to your liking. Also we have noted the positive comments about the cleanliness of bathroom & wood fire place. We constantly strive to give our guest the best of the services and such positive feedback encourages us to do even better.

I thank you once again for your time and the feedback & look forward to having you again at The Savoy Hotel Ooty

pathyil.vibhakar@tajhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Korean first
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Hotel is very good. Its like a Heritage Hotel. I love the cottages which has in-built bonn fire place. Also its away from the noise of the City and If you are looking for a peaceful and Luxurious place. This is the place to go. The food is awesome. Ask for the Danish Pastry its yummy delicious and the evening Snacks and Bar is worth to spent.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachit,

Greetings for the day !!!!

I am happy that you found our services & food to your liking. We constantly strive to give our guest the best of the services and such positive feedback encourages us to do even better.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 21, 2014

The property is beautiful.....Taj Hotels has managed to create a good mix of modern comforts while retaining the charm of an old heritage building. The rooms are very well laid out with all necessary amenities. The lawns and gardens are beautifully kept. The roof tiles could do with a fresh coat of paint. The food both at the restaurant and in room dining was really tasty and served promptly and hot.

But the best of all is the service staff. Every single person I interacted with offered great service. What made the experience memorable for me is the genuine warmth with which they dealt with and the fact that every member of staff exuded the same warmth. That consistency in service is amazing.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Prince K
SavoyhotelOoty_India, General Manager at Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Dear Kingsley,

I thank you very much for the positive feedback which you have given.

Your positive comments have been shared with the team & this will go a long way in ensuring that we meet the expectations of our guests. Guest feedback is invaluable as it helps to continually improve our guest satisfaction. I thank you very much for the positive feedback given by you and this will defenitely encourage my team to perform even better.

We have noted your feed back about the roof tiles we will do the fresh coat of paints for all the roofs.

Do come back to The Savoy hotel Ooty for your next holidays. Looking forward to see you soon.

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We have been staying at The Savoy for many years, when our children were studying at the Lawrence School, Lovedale. We have stayed here at different times of the year, in rainy months, in dry weather, and during the cold season. We have enjoyed every stay, at this magical place, that manages to cocoon the visitor in the undefinable Raj atmosphere the moment you pass through the gates. This time too, the service was warm and friendly, the rooms cosy and well furnished, the housekeeping excellent, and the restaurant serving excellent fare. Evenis at the bar before dinner were a treat. The head of the hotel, Mr Vibhakar, and his team went out of their way to make our stay memorable. Thank you!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the drive and the ones near the tennis court are the best.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
SavoyhotelOoty_India, General Manager at Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty, responded to this review, June 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for the positive feedback which you have given.

Your positive comments have been shared with the team & this will go a long way in ensuring that we meet the expectations of our guests. Guest feedback is invaluable as it helps to continually improve our guest satisfaction. I thank you very much for the positive feedback given by you and this will defenitly encourage my team to perfrom even better.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

Quaint little cottages around pretty gardens,
The cottages are just gorgeous and very comfortable.
The fire put at night is welcome as it can get very cool in the evening.
They will come and light a fire in tour cottage which is lovely .
The food is good but the bar is very shabby which is a shame .

Room Tip: Ask for a cottage away from the main reception. Only because they have their own little garden!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

I regret to note about the inconvenience caused to you with regards to the bar . Your feedback is really important for us and I have personally shared the same with my team to ensure corrective action.

It is feedback from esteemed guests like you that helps us to constantly introspect our systems and procedures and assists us in striving for a better product and service.

Please do let us know whenever you travel to Ooty next, it will be my pleasure to have you back again. I request you to please give us another opportunity to serve you. The team and I shall ensure that your experience will be vastly different. Please write to us at savoy.ooty@tajhotels.com if you visit Ooty again.

We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back to The Savoy Hotel Ooty.

Reviewed June 19, 2014

in today's day and age, its very difficult for people to take a break and not check out d ratings of that place.... well, we were no different ... it was a quickly planned trip over a weekend with bare minimal preparation.... and den trusting the name of Tata's we just decided to go ahead with Taj Savoy... it was long drive from bangalore... were totally exhausted by the time we reached Ooty.... and den d fun started... we tried navigating through Ooty with our GPS... and poor GPS got confused... couldn't locate Savoy... it took us through the most sheddy and too quite an extent scary roads... and i den started yelling/abusing all the freaky people who had rated it like d most wonderful place ever.... the sign board for this most exotic place was like in the most tiniest of letter possible... people like me who can't even see a hoarding could easily miss this.... it took us greaaaaattttttt efforts to locate this hotel... and it has the most sad road leading to it.... but trust me.... once you enter the place... the efforts u wud' ve put to reach this place seem quite minuscule.... its totally worth it.... YO YO TAJ SAVOY... their welcome drink, hospitality, breakfast , food.... 10/10.... if u r in OOTY... it has to be Taj Savoy

Room Tip: facing the garden... with a good round wooden table... typically british...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Riddhi D
Dear Guest,

Greetings for the day !!!!!

It was a great pleasure to have you stay with us in Ooty. We thank you for taking your time to give such a positive feedback for our hotel.

I am happy you found our services excellent. The entire team is happy to get such a motivating feedback from you, which I am certain, will help us to strive even further for excellence.

Also we have noted that you found some difficulties to reach our hotel as sign board are not visible.we will certainly look into this and do the needful for more visibility of our sign board

I thank you once again for your time & look forward to having you once again at The Savoy Hotel Ooty.

Mysuru (Mysore), India
Reviewed June 3, 2014

After having a tiresome ride we reached this hotel, it was like the long journey had paid off. Located by a serene and a beautiful nature surrounding this hotel was the best choice I made for this trip. we stayed here for 2 nights. I wish I could stay longer.

We booked for a standard room. Entire staff and management is very friendly. Right from the front office to restaurant staff to the chef to the manager to the housekeeping to the room service, every one greets you with a smile and are very prompt in their duties!

I was very much satisfied with the service provided by the Savoy Hotel. Ooty doesn’t really have many great hotels for a normal budget as per my research, I truly believe this is one of the best options

Thanks for the great stay at Savoy Hotel! Would definitely like to come back!.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Chethan K
Dear Chethan,

Greetings for the day !!!!

I am happy that you found our services to your liking. We constantly strive to give our guest the best of the services and such positive feedback encourages us to do even better.