The Monarch Ooty
Zostel Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$27
$25
Destiny Farmstay(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$141
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$81
$79
  • Breakfast included
Meadows Residency - Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$68
Agoda.com
Sterling Ooty Elk Hill(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$96
$82
  • Breakfast included
Sinclairs Retreat Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$89
$77
King's Cliff(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$94
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$153
Astoria Residency(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))(Great Value!)
$33
$29
Agoda.com
Sterling Ooty Fern Hill(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$122
$104
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed October 12, 2009

We Stayed @ The Monarch for a Night during our Trip to Ooty recently. The Hotel is located on top of a Hill and our Room was located on the 3rd floor giving us a nice view of the Tea Estates and the Hills surrounding the property. The Room was large and had nice wooden flooring. The Bathroom was also good with nice Bathtub. But somehow the lack of a fan or air-conditioning made the room very silent and we felt a little odd... The Lobby was one of the best and largest I've seen... you can check the snaps..

This Property has all the facilities but none of them are maintained properly.. I think its poor management. The Swimming Pool had no water in it.. the Billiards Room didn't have lighting :D etc... The Room also looks a little old without renovation for a long time..

Heard there are better places in Ooty to stay.. But since we didn't make a booking earlier we opted for this hotel as the rooms were available.

Overall I must say that I liked the stay and the weather was great so really had a good time there.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2009

Now, this hotel is upgraded and offers very good service, excellent room and excellent view. And I will recommend this hotel for my friends, my staff etc.,

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 7, 2008

I have returned from a weekend stay at The Monarch Hotel, ooty. Hotle is located on top pf hill and provides a exotic veiw of the valley below.

the room had a king size bed and was equipped with all the necessary requirements TV, wardrode, heater, etc...

Food was teriffic and prices were pretty nominal. If you are visiting Ooty , its a perferct place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed November 6, 2008

i checked in with my wife on 27 oct at 10am we stayed for 3 dayswe had booked package as per the package we were supposed to get breakfast which they refused saying that resutarant is closed and no proper room service and no choice of food only limited menu and for which they ahve charged exobirantly overall a very bad experience

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed October 30, 2007

I stayed at this hotel as part of a package deal so I had no choice of hotel. The hotel is at the end of a very bad road and takes some time to get there from the village. When you enter the hotel, you feel like you have stepped back into the first Howard Johnson in America in the 1970s. The lobby area is massive and I mean massive. Unfortunately, most guests think this is a good playground area for their children so all you see are kids running around, screaming at the top of their lungs. The rooms all open out onto an atrium so you can hear the noise when trying to relax in your room. The swimming pool doesn't look fit for humans (when we looked in, there were stir sticks from drinks and serviettes floating around). The decor is old and dated and the rooms are cold and damp. But the rooms are clean and there is a heater and extra blankets in the room. Not a horrible place to stay but not the nicest either.

• Stayed: October 2007