I had gone there to celebrate a quite New year mixed with an extended week long chilling and the atmosphere and the ambiance were worth every moment.
I had plans to just relax, read books and catch up with family but it turned out to be an excellent adventure for me. The treks organised by them are amazing. In the 5 days i stayed i managed to go for 3 and in the end i wished to stay longer just so as to be able to go for many more. Mr Prikshit Sharma, manager holiday activities is an enthusiastic trekker,he can simply motivate you to just keep going on which in return helps u see spectacular views thanks to the heights and never imagined beauty of Ooty.. The best trek i would recommend is to the Hanuman caves and preferably beyond, even though each trek is in self an amazing and different experience but for those who have the stamina and love walking try going up to the top, its completely worth it. The calmness, the beauty and the views are to die for.Cairn hill and the Lovedale trek were my other amazing treks, exploring nature, seeing the train come on the tracks, walking on the tracks,walking through the jungles, the natural trails, walking on the cross over harnessed bridge all are amazing experiences which i shall cherish throughout..
The people at the food and beverages counter especially Mr Manohar were excellent. The spread for the breakfast, lunch and dinner were amazing. There was something for everyone there ranging from north indian, south indian, continental and chinese. The menu was well planned and thought of. The deserts were also of a varied range which were amazingly mouth watering.
The housekeeping staff also are very kind and sweet, Ms Punitha who was handling our rooms was always with a smiling face, forever ready to help. The various designs on display with the towels was an amazing sight to look at everyday.
The organised tours are also a must try, they have really been planned out well. The must visit place on any persons travel itinerary has to be Pykara. its a place with a lot of scenic spots especially the 6t mile, 9th mile and the falls.
The only bad thing abt tht place is the non existence of a gym, swimming pool and a wi fi connection.
But all in all i had the most amazing and awesome experience ever. Thank u Fern hill staff for making this one a memorable stay for all of us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched at one of the highest points in Ooty, this resort has an amazing view of the Nilgiris. Sterling Holidays Fern Hill is set in an alluring scenic location, surrounded on all sides by the ethereal beauty of the Nilgiri Hills. The resort’s sloping roofs and terracotta tiles are reminiscent of the quaint charm of a bygone era. With a heady mix of comfort and tranquility, spending time within the resort is as attractive an option as venturing into the idyllic mountainside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Ooty - Fern Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Fernhill Hotel Ootacamund
- Sterling Resorts Ooty
- Days Inn Fernhill
- Days Inn Ootacamund
- Sterling Resort Ooty
- Ootacamund Days Inn
- Ooty - Fern Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort India