I have stayed in this resort several times. We had a decent stay. But this time it was a pleasant surprise.
They have completely renovated the entire infrastructure and added many new suites.
Secondly, the staff has been very polite and displayed an attitude of high degree of hospitality. Remarkable change.
Thirdly, the breakfast and dinner spread is huge. They have a Great chef 'Suman'. He personally goes around to take feedback.
Fourthly, their Gift Shop has all genuine Ooty items with reasonable market prices.
Lastly, the resort is slightly away 3 to 4 kms from the town, since it is a huge property. So, one needs to have a vehicle.
It is worth the stay - value for money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perched at one of the highest points in Ooty, this resort has an amazing view of the Nilgiris. Sterling Holidays Fern Hill is set in an alluring scenic location, surrounded on all sides by the ethereal beauty of the Nilgiri Hills. The resort’s sloping roofs and terracotta tiles are reminiscent of the quaint charm of a bygone era. With a heady mix of comfort and tranquility, spending time within the resort is as attractive an option as venturing into the idyllic mountainside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ooty - Fern Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sterling Fernhill Hotel Ootacamund
- Sterling Resorts Ooty
- Days Inn Fernhill
- Days Inn Ootacamund
- Sterling Resort Ooty
- Ootacamund Days Inn
- Ooty - Fern Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)