“A good retreat.”

Ooty - Fern Hill, A Sterling Holidays Resort
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We, family and friends, had an opportunity to stay at the Sterling Fernhill Ooty from the 8th to the 11th instant. Although, we could not spend more time at the resort than we would have expected, I must say, overall, we have no regrets. Actually, we enjoyed our stay and would not hesitate to return to Sterling Fern Hill, Ooty or even recommend to others. Having said that, I would not be honest if I do not mention my initial experience, for the benefit of the Resort and Resort staff, in the interest of organisation. For the reasons best known to the resort staff, I was given a room, not cleaned, old linen and towels not changed, cigarette butts left by the previous occupants was still there. I had pointed out this to a staff but what really put me off was that was not attended to when I returned later in the evening. Although a room heater was provided, what good is it when there is no power for the whole night and no hot water to bathe the next day morning. Only when I put all this in a piece of paper, did the house-keeping staff swing into action and everything was set right and I must confess they more than made up for the shortcomings. It is a learning process for all these youngsters but what I really appreciate is they took it up seriously and went about doing their job splendidly. Keep up the good work. Before I close, I would like to suggest that there should be an interaction between the guests and the resort staff on their arrival, to keep them informed of what is on offer at the resort and what the guests want - we did not know till the last day of our stay that there were so many activities programmed for the guests. Thank you.

Room Tip: It is better to speak out your mind at the first opportunity - if necessary do not hesitate to call...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sudersan S

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Me and my wife had been to Sterling Holidays Fern Hill, Ooty for a short trip and we had an excellent stay and made us feel completely calm and pleasant especially for someone like us from Mumbai. The one positive aspect of this hotel is its service is very good and food quality is great and its worth spending time with your family during dinner and BF as they have a great spread for both Veg & Non Veg eaters...
The resort is under renovations so please ensure that you get one of the renovated rooms during your bookings and i must mention that the staff did take care of us for all the needs.

At last we checked out on the 14th Valentines day and i must thank Ms. Janice from the front desk who was so kind in arranging for a Rose Bouquet in a very short notice.

Overall it was a good stay and would recommend travelers to book here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

i had been to sterling fernhill ooty with my family we a very pleasent stay,one word to say ''HOME AWAY FROM HOME'' The rooms there were fine, newly renovated, property was just great. we had a good time during their short visit to your resort.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2013

It was my first trip to Ooty. Had a sales conference with about 140 people in the hotel. Great hospitality. Everyone was very attentive and took care of all the details. The food was great. check in and check out was fantastic and very very smooth. This hotel mainly works because of their staff. They are really great, always ready to help. I would like to thank them for making my trip so memorable.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 12, 2013

We had our corporate meeting at Sterling Resort, Fern Hill, Ooty. The resort is really good and the staff were very cordial. There was not lift and climbing on to second floor has really been a problem, however have been told that the renovation is in progress . Food quality is ok. The conference facilities are good and would definetly suugest this resot for corporate meetings

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

My parents-in-law visited your resort and I am happy to report that all was well organised. The rooms there were fine, newly renovated, property was just great. They had a good time during their short visit to your resort.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Was there for my sister's marriage. The rooms were extremely clean and comfortable. The heater provided was sufficient. Laundry was also promt given the amount of guests present. But locks for the doors were a bit of a hassle!!
Hotel staff were really friendly and patient with all the guests.

• Stayed: January 2013