“Good Atmospheric”

Accord Highland Hotel Ooty
Reviewed July 2, 2014

I stayed at Highland hotel ooty for one night. The hotel is of a good standard. The staff were professional, and the restaurant was excellent. There were fireplaces in the open lawn. The bedroom had a bath tub, not just a shower. Highland hotel is quite atmospheric and very relaxing. Its about a 15 minute ride from the town center and station, or about Rs.150/- by auto rickshaw. The hotel is clean and highly recommended.....

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
highlandooty, Front Office Manager at Accord Highland Hotel Ooty, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear Mr.Joe,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
We at Accord aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations.
I am thrilled to know that we were able to delight you with our services and facilities and your comments about our hotel, especially the staff and food, are truly inspiring.
Once again, I thank you for your comments and look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel. Do write to me or call me during your next visit to Ooty and it will be a great pleasure meeting up with you.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The location is very nice, Front desk is very good, the food is amazing. The indoor activity center is very good. Nice place for the family stay. i will suggest this hotel to my friends and relatives.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr.Sandip Sarkar,

Reviewed July 2, 2014

My wife chose this resort,accord highland after carefully reading Tripadvisor's reviews of the area. This certainly paid off as this is without a doubt in my mind the most relaxing and friendly place to stay. Everything here is geared to relaxation. The ambience is enhanced by the care and attention of all of the staff. From the guys who clean the lawn in the morning before most guests have risen. The restaurant serves excellent and really good value food and drinks especially as they serve them in restaurant. It is located at the down hills of doddabetta which only adds to the peace.
They hold karoke night and bonfire in the lawn and the activity center and the bowling machine is a great idea to make it still better
We stayed 5 days but it was the most relaxed we where on our whole holiday and could have spent twice or even three times the number of days there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Mr.Anna,

Reviewed July 2, 2014

The rooms are spacious, very well maintained and were as good as new when we stayed in highland. The aesthetics were good too and the place felt like it was in the middle of a garden. The breakfast was over the top and it was good and clean. The staff are extremely friendly and hospitable. We enjoyed our trip as we had a good place to come back to after an entire day out at town. The place is at a walkable distance from doddabetta and at about 3-4 km from Ooty. The hotel is at a place that is far from the hustle and bustle, but still navigation from the hotel to the sightseeing places was not at all a problem. Infact choosing a quiet place to come back to after all the crowd in ooty city is the best choice if you want to fully enjoy your holiday. Bookings are done easily through phone and you are not kept waiting or given false promises about room availability. The prices are not low but at the same time not very costly for all the convenience you get. I would say the prices moderate. I would recommend this place to anybody visiting Ooty

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Mr.Nexus,

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Beautiful location, nice room, average breakfast. No balcony with room. Polite & courteous staff. For the price I paid, expected better amenities. Wifi signal very weak. Restaurant is overpriced for items like tea or coffee.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr.Sanjay.K,

Thank you for staying in our hotel and giving your valuable feedback.
I regret the inconvenience you had been put through and understand your disappointment caused due to this during your stay. We aim at winning guest satisfaction and it is only through such feedback from discerning guests like you that we strive to improve our services and facilities to the best and meet up to your expectations. I would like to assure you that remedial measures have already been instituted to avoid recurrences in future which will definitely be evident during your next visit.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and please be rest assured that we will do everything possible to match your expectation and experience.

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night, being open and frank this is my view of this hotel:-

Location is great, good views, etc
Reception staff were excellent smoot check in process but thats about it. .
Cant comment on bar as i did not see it
Eating area : infested with flies, all over the place, staff did not seem to be overly bothered by them, even the dead ones around the windows were not cleared away.
Food - we ordered of the menu and asked for non spicy food - although we ordered each course seperately it still came out way to hot to eat and not enjoyable. Waiting staff attention to detail was lacking. Perhaps you should also change the sticky shabby menues as they look like they have had their day.
Drinks - Warm beer only
Rooms - clean and comfortable but lack the star quality finish, bathroom repair jobs were perhaps completed by a novice. Walls are paper thin as a result you can hear everything happening in rooms around you. Woken up by furniture being moved around at 4am in the morning, called reception to complain was told it was people checking out (at 4 in the morning!!!) however this dragging of furniture continued for 2 hours, and we gave up sleeping.

Visit again - will come back to Ooty but find a better hotel.

Room Tip: keep driving
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Neil-Manc

Dear Mr. Neil,

Reviewed June 28, 2014

One of the best hotels... We booked two rooms.... Both the rooms were really nice clean ,cozy and well maintained.... Food was top the the range quality and delicacy...... Breakfast was rich and and delicious....All the staffs were attentive, responsive and helpful....

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family