“Pleasant Stay”

Accord Highland Hotel Ooty
Pune, India
“Pleasant Stay”
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Hotel Highland is little far from main market, but the location is very very nice...i stayed there in Oct 12th 2013 for one night...staff is very attentive and polite to guests...it was very warm welcome at reception...room was wonderfull, clean and having good standard...I liked this hotel very much...i will stay in this hotel again...

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (356)
Tiruppur, India
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Excellent hospitality ,especiallysivakumar.talented ,excellent personality ,simply superb ....good location ,good food , nice room stay..traffic free zone..we went with our friends total 62members from our trust from tirupur.they provide excellent services in all aspects
L

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank ragudental
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Excellently maintained property, very clean and modern rooms. Found the staff to be most courteous. Food-wise, they should have more of local cuisine on offer; one area where they can probably improve a little bit. Location is good, around 4 Kms uphill from the main town area.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shrey_Kalra
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 23, 2014

after stressful journey from Bangalore, we reached there at 6PM. location was quite good, away from city, located in a hill top, so, the few was awesome. I can say, after a long time, i had a good north Indian dinner in south India. I have to say, it's in a good place.

4 Thank shankar_4ever
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Ihave gone to many places and stayed in many hotels but this is an memorable stay for me and my wife. The staff in hotels are very friendly the rooms are good and neet i apprecate housekeeping for their cleaning Front office manager helped us very much.
On 2nd day of my stay Wednesday night my wife got sich because of the weather I dont know what to do when I check with front desk for doctor the manager onduty Mr.Vijaykumar he takes us to the nearest hospital in his own vehicle I really appreciate him for his job.
I will recommend this hotel for all my friends.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank deekshu
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed February 12, 2014

Last week i have goon to ooty with my family and i have booked the hotel through Travel agent.
Hotel is 4km from the city, once i entred into to the hotel staff at the reception has welcomed with a drink and mad a quick check in and the room which given to us is tea estate view my family liked the room very much. The manager in the front desk Mr. Mahalingam helped us in all ways he guided us about the city and make us to feel as like our home.

After some time we ordered for a snacks from room service they delivered within 20min its a quick service.
By afternoon we gone to the restaurant name called season in that north indian foods are good and excellent the staffs in the restaurant from manager to service staffs are good and friendly.

The is a huge Lane area in the hotel were my childrens played games and they enjoyed very much.

There is bar which has newly opened named zodiat is good i ordered a natural child beer and enjoyed my evening.

They offered food to my driver on complimentary.

I will suggest the peoples who goes to ooty can stay in this hotel it is very good and value for money. .

Room Tip: room no 103 tea estate view
3 Thank prajoul
fife
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have just returned from a holiday in India and stayed at a few hotels.

Accord Highland Ooty

We had great expectations of this hotel as it was advertised as a new hotel, but this was not the case. It was not even refurbished to any decent standard and is probably a lethal hazard to the clients. The hotel is completely unsuitable for tourist in its present condition. It has no amenities and is five kilometers out of Ooty. when we asked where the bar was, we were shown outside, down a set of stairs to a converted disused building at the end of the garden, which is connected to three other derelict buildings. This converted shack had grubby seating for maybe 20 people, for an hotel of that size. This was open until around 11.pm, but with no lighting, it was a perilous journey back to the main building. Should you take the shortcut through the emergency exit at the end of the building, the stairwell was more in keeping with Beirut than a 4* hotel. We went back to our room and ordered two beers from Room Service, after waiting 25 minutes we cancelled it and went to sit in the entrance hall and ordered it from there.

The majority of our party never had a shower, as the hot water for the shower never worked until we were leaving. There was no heating in the rooms and if asked, they would provide an electric fan heater, which we were told not to turn up more than the first setting. This explanation became obvious when the attendant brought our heater and switched it on. All the hotel electric went off. After three attempts, he eventually managed to get it to work without blowing all the fuses in the hotel. This problem was not confined to our room, but to every room that had a heater provided.

This disturbing and potentially lethal problem culminated in our room heater burning out and filling the room with acrid smoke, had this happened through the night, we would have died in our sleep and you would have had a serious problem. We might have been woken by the smoke alarm, but that was not working.

On a positive note the evening meal was rather good, but the breakfast was like something from 'Faulty Towers'. I waited 20 minutes for tea and they brought me coffee, I waited 25 minutes. for a mushroom omelet and was given a mixed one instead.

On the second evening I specifically ordered chicken with no bones, when it arrived, it was with bones and still had blood in it when I cut it open. Another diner, at our table ordered fish and chips, which arrived with under cooked fish as well as the French Fries.

I have also sent these comments to the tour operator that sent us to this hotel (Archers Holidays) and they should take steps to ensure that it never used again.

The disappointment and anger that my wife and I feel after this visit to this Hotel will stay with us for a very long time and we will always remember the name, but not for anything good.

An extremely disappointed,