Travelled to Ooty in 3rd week of May 2012 during the peak tourist season. Had booked Sun Park hotel at Ooty. Here are the pluses and minuses of the hotel
1. Good property - well maintained lawns, nice place with good and clean rooms once you reach it
2. Approach to the hotel is bad with narrow roads and open drains, but hotel itself is bright and airy
3. Lovely view from the hotel
4. Reasonably well located in the centre of the city...Stayed here to foray into both Ooty and Coonoor.
1. Staff services is bad. No fully functional resturant in such a big hotel. Limited menu. Ordered food takes ages to arrive ..(1 hour and 20 minutes on a Saturday morning, delaying our sight seeing)
2. Staff need to be a little more helpful and friendly to hotel guests
3. Never take the rooms at the front, as in order to light up the hotel at night, they have powerful spotlights which distract even when curtains are covered, disturbing sleep.
4. A little bit overpriced compared to similar properties (maybe just the tourist season rip off)...
Would revisit the hotel only if they could improve staff service and start a proper restaurant
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Sunpark Ooty India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)