We stayed in Delightz inn from 22nd-24th of Sept and really enjoyed the stay. I would
highly recommend this hotel to my friends.
1. Nice location, away from hustle and bustle of the city. Even during mornings you won't
hear any noise in the surrounding. People who want to enjoy some peace and scenery, this is
the place to stay. The layered mountains peppered with occasional bungalows in the distance
makes for a lovely view from the first floor. (Book a room in the first floor)
2. Excellent and clean 1 Bhk type apartments with a small hall with two bed-cum-sofas, a small kitchenette
with a wash basin, a bedroom with a double bed and a single bed as well and a neat bathroom.
Five adults and a kid can stay comfortably at a cheap price of 1700 per night.
3. Food demands an additional kudos to the Delightz inn team. Most of the lunches, we had outside during
site seeing. Mr.Ramesh was kind enough to suggest us a Halal hotel in the town called blue hills which
was excellent and did not burn a hole in the pocket. Dinners were always at the hotel since it was too cold
to go outside. We ordered chapathi, peas masala and chilli chicken which was btw awesome! It was served
hot and on time. They do not have a restaurant, so the kitchenette is for this purpose. The complimentary
breakfast was also good, served in the room or the lawn in front.
4. Site seeing/Pickup/Drop arrangements were done perfectly. Suresh, the driver, was realy good and made our trip
safe and enjoyable.
1. Hot water was a big problem. It took 25 mins for the geyser to give hot water and that too only in trickles which
took another 20 mins to fill up the whole bucket. But they were able to provide us with hot water on call.
2. Food menu should be expanded. There were no mutton, fish or prawn dishes. Also, since the hotel is located high on top,
almost 3 kms from city, it is not possible to walk to the town for dinner. So guests are confined to their rooms.
More items in the menu will make it better for them.
3. Campfire and other fun activities could be arranged which would make the trip even more enjoyable.
Overall, it was an excellent stay in Delightz inn and I would always remember the wonderful hospitality they provided
to us. Kudos Delightz inn team!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Delightz inn has 20 independent and fully furnished cottages with a handsome kitchen and living room, comfy sofas and Television to entertain and ease off your feel. There are king size beds and the window seat invite s you to sink into comfort and let s your thoughts to rove. Your stay here will glow your hearts and senses with privacy and we will always captivate you with our dazzling services. It is surrounded by well maintained greenery absconding from the ecological disturbances. Our Dreamland has its excellent conveniences that will make your stay with your family and friends a very memorable one. Get nearer to us and respire without restraints! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your Delightz Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Delightz Inn India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)