“We loved the stay”
Review of Maruthi Cottages

Maruthi Cottages
Reviewed September 6, 2011

Maruthi cottages, Ooty is a good place to stay when you go with your family. You get kitchen, utensils etc. I stayed their for three days and two nights. I felt the facility their was great. We got good guide from Mr. Ravi the Managing Director and planned our site seeing accordingly. It is also well connected to the ooty town. The cost is also nominal. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay over there. I will choose this hotels in my future visits too.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank raghav_sri

Reviewed July 4, 2011

I came to Know about this cottage thru the review. I was initially very sceptical of this place initially because of one very negative review, then I called the M,D of the cottage Named Mr.Ravi, he his very good and had enough patience to reply to my questions. He promised that his resort would fulfill our expectations if not he promised to pay the money back.
We have asked for a single room cottage and cab to pick us from coimbatore and also asked him to arrange for sight seeing, but he has provided us a double bedroom cottage and not charged extra for that. From day 1 till we reached bangalore we enjoyed a lot in the cottage and the service provided was very good. The ambience in the rooms are too good. The interior decorations are done with great artistic taste. Rooms and toilets are very clean.
* I have heard that people in Ooty are known for their hospitality and I experienced the same in this cottage and especially Mr.Ravi was too good.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nirmala_devi_baskar
Reviewed June 1, 2011

I was initially very sceptical of this place initially because of one very negative review. I then called the owner(Mr Ravi) and asked him about it. he assured me that I need not pay if I did not like the place.
We were a family of 8 people and stayed here for 4 days in the 3 bedroom cottage. It was a pretty good cottage and located fairly conveniently. We also paid extra to get vessels so that we could cook and carry food.
There were some minor inconveniences(listed in cons) but overall we were pretty happy with the service provided
Pros:
1. Location -> very close to the center of the city, botanical gardens is a short walk
2. Price -> Very reasonable for the 4 days stay for 8 people
3. Quality of the rooms -> Rooms were nicely maintained
4. Knowledgeable and Friendly staff -> The staff were very helpful about the places to go and stay, and provided us reliable driver services. The staff were very friendly and made us feel at home.
Cons:
1. Hot water early morning was unreliable on one of the days of stay
2. Vessels provided with the kitchen were old

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank bhaskar_bharath
Reviewed May 25, 2011

I and my 60 HIV postive children between the age group from 5 to 16 had a wonderful time at Maruthi Cottages. The services and food were excellent. Mr. Ravi & his brother Madhu are dynamic people who took care of us since the day we reached. Children felt like home. People who plan their trvael to Ooty kindly make this your spot to stay and feel the difference.

Room Tip: Unconditional Love & Acceptance
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank sanjivavileli
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Even though the reservation was booked and confirmed by email our rooms were given away. We were fobbed off with a series of lies and excuses. Do not book here unless you are willing to gamble on whether they will give your rooms away before you arrive.

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Throcmorton
Reviewed May 16, 2011

I booked this hotel and sent an email to confirm as requested. I also explained that we would not arrive until 6.30 -7pm. When we arrived we were told there was no booking for us. We were told first that they didn't have email. Secondly that they did and had sent us an email which they had not, amd thirdly that I had told them that we would be arriving at 4pm. The owner had obviously given our rooms to someone else. He did try to find us alternative accommodation but it was not acceptable. So risk at your peril.

• Stayed: May 2011
1  Thank lour123
Reviewed April 16, 2011

I came know about this cottages thru the reviews. We were around 10 and stayed in a 3 bedroom cottage. The rooms were very good with all required facilities for a family. The rates were also nominal. The cottage is located in a very prime place in the heart of the town. Can improve a little more on room service.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family