Hi, This is one of the worst resort in my life. I had seen the review comment here but I did not believe that. Please avoid booking in this resort. Do not have room service, toilet horrible. no bed sheet and pillow.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
One of the most horrible places to stay. Please dont go by the pictures, the place is not even close to anywhere near to what is shown. All i could do was to stay for one day and it was hell. The basic facilities like clean bathroom, working taps and clean water are not there in this place. For every thing u need to go to the reception where nobody will be there to assist you. They supply some smelly, dirty brown coloured water and say this i what they get to supply. Food...i dont think even animals will eat it. We ordered for vegatable fried rice, chappathi and dal. The fried rice had only salt .. no vegatables in it and dal had only turmeric. My whole trip got screwed bcoz of this stupid place and staff. I would strongly and highly recommend not to stay at this place. Its ok even u dont have a booking, but dont stay at this place
I went with family in April 2011 (peak season time) to Ooty. Since no other hotel was available, we had to book this hotel. We booked it through hotelpushpak.com as this hotel does not have a reservation desk of its own. The room charges : Rs. 1800 per day. Extra bed : Rs. 300.
Disappointing points :
1. Water that is supplied to this hotel is from the panchayat, so it is absolutely muddy. We had to buy and use bottled water for brushing our teeth and other important tasks.
2. The hotel does not have a cook of its own. A cook comes at a particular time, makes only a couple of items (limited item variety and quantity) and leaves. It took us 2.5 hours to get soup!!! Masala omlette and idlis were uncooked and mushy from the inside. The hotel does have a menu card but its of no use.
3. Bedroom and Bathroom were not cleaned regularly unless told to.
4. On the first day, we had no TV in our room due to a short circuit with the cable box.
5. The rooms have the sockets for 4 bulbs but we were given only 1/2 bulbs in the room which did not brighten up the room enough
6. Channels in TV are all basic ones - In Hindi : Colors, DD National, Star Utsav and MTV only
7. The hotel was understaffed with only 2 people working in the throughout hotel. Because of this, service was late and sometimes food was denied because of too many guests in the hotel.
8. If you order a chicken dish like butter chicken : you will get only 1 leg piece and watery gravy
9. Over the phone we were told that the hotel will arrange for a car to pick us up from the airport at the cost of Rs. 1500 but when we arrived at the hotel, we were charged Rs. 1600.
10. The location of the hotel is very far away from the main ooty market. You will not be able to walk to and from the market. You will need to hire a vehicle. The vehicle costs Rs. 150 - 200 for one way to the market.
11. There was a telephone in the room but was not working. So we had to go out to the balcony and shout out the hotel's workers name to get anything.
Overall, not the most convinient place to stay in! It was understaffed and understocked
1. Staff was veryyy gentle, polite and helpful. They tried their level best to make all possible arrangements for us. Did not complain
2. Each room has a sitout / balcony which is really nice to have in a hill station like ooty.
3. Room size is fine : Not too small and not too big. We were 3 people in 1 room and could adjust very comfortably.