“Its a Good near to Bus Stand and Gr8 place to Stay”

Club Mahindra Derby Green
Pune, India
“Its a Good near to Bus Stand and Gr8 place to Stay”
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Had a Gr8 fun with Family, Resort is Good and coming up an would be Club Mahindras hot Property with in a Couple of Years. They arrange transportation for sight seeing. Staff is Helpfull and very attendtive. Adventure Activities are Good but they can improve a bit more on that. Need to increase bit of Inhouse activities. Or Else Resort is good and they maintain a Good Hygiene

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
Bangalore
Reviewed April 10, 2011

Club Mahindra Derby Green is a nice place, very centrally located in Ooty town overlooking the old race course and is nearby to the main attractions within the town, namely the lake and botanical garden. The place is clean, quiet and is great for stay with family with facilities for entertainment & activities like childrens' play area, recreation room etc.
The food was also quite good - one suggestion would be to add a little more variety to the buffet spreads.
I would like to call out two specific areas which I liked about the property and the staff:
1. Due to some miscommunication from their head office, we were initially alloted the standard room instead of the studio. However, on showing them the communication I had with their office, they immediately alloted the studio room to me - the response was very fast.
2. The staff were very courteous and flexible to your nitty gritty demands - the kinds you have when you have kids travelling along. They never showed any annoyance and smilingly catered to all our requests.
I would not hesitate to stay at this place again.

Room Tip: Interact directly and ask for room pic
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Suman77
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 26, 2011

I have stayed in Club Mahindra Ooty resort. This is a old Dasaprakash hotel taken over by Mahindra's. It is maintained well. Located in center of the city. You can have very good view of the Race Course. I can say it is an average place to stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank Rajaneesh A
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Me and the wife were returning to this place after 11 years, back then I believe it was called Dasaprakash Paradise or something close. Wow! we drove from Bangalore to Ooty and did not have to ask for directions, thanks to my personal GPS (aka wife), 11 years and she remembered. And wow! what a difference in the same place then and now. I must admit ClubM has done a good job of enhancing the place while leaving the skeleton structure intact. Sadly my positive view this place stops right there.

Our check-in seems to happen pretty effortlessly, only to realize that they had stuffed us into a room I deem servants quarters, in the basement of a deadend alley with no windows to show us any part of the sky.

Obviously I was not going to have my family's holidays ruined. On contacting the reception, we were given reasons after reasons, heritage property, so all rooms are like this, their words not mine, tell me would you want to visit? Next they said they had only 3 one BR in the whole property, again seemed not too plausable. After being persistent, they conceeded and moved us to another room where we felt we could breath, needless to say we gladly accepted. Then I was told I had reservation only for one night when I actually had for nights, this time my BlackBerry came to my rescue and I could show email confirmation of my reservations. Let me not bore you with any more details.

Most of the low level staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Food is just OK by ClubM's famed standards. Activity center was as good as inactive. No SPA!!! No ayurvedic massage!!! No early morning yoga or activities.

I am really trying to think of something positive, but nothing comes to mind. Perhaps I am spoilt for choices or luxury experienced at ClubM Coorg, but hey thats another review, keep watching.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank HarryKerry
Bangalore, India
Reviewed March 24, 2011

I visited Ooty with my family after a long time. The last I had been was with my wife after we got married. We stayed at the Club Mahindra-Derby Green Property, which is a heritage property. In th yonder years, Britishers used to stay here for the Races. This property overlooks the Race Course. It is well located, close to Charing Cross and the Bus-Stand. Very convenient. Some of the rooms are very good with great views. Most of the rooms are tucked inside with hardly a view. These are all cottages/row houses.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank VPDesu
bangalore
Reviewed March 8, 2011

We had been to Ooty for 4 days and stayed in Derby green. There was an offer going on for pay for a night and get a night free which we had availed. So we paid Rs 3750 effectively for 2 nights. The room supposedly a superior room was the smallest room available which just had space for a queen size bed and hardly any space to move around. On checking with the front desk if this was really the superior room they said that its the smallest room there and its called superior so that the guest dont feel bad about it. The food is expensive for a non club member as club members have a 25% off. All the holiday activites projected (something as simple as guessing the weight of the cake contest) comes with a price. As we had availed this buy 1 get 1 free offer we were OK with the amount we had spent. But had we been there without this offer we would have been heart broken seeing the size of the room. After 2 days we started getting calls from the reception asking the time we will be checking out. This shows that they are not in sync with the offers going on.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank thunderbird090
Mumbai
Reviewed December 14, 2010

Just back from a holiday with my wife at Ooty. Heard so much about the place, that I had to visit it sometimes. About the Hotel. It is a CM property. One of the first property of CM that i visited which is situated in the city. It is called Derby Green because it overlooks the Ooty race course, which now is in quite a dilapidated condition. The resort is clean and well maintained, which has always been CM trademark. This is a relatively new resort and some amount of construction work is ongoing but it wont affect your holiday mood. It is situated near the municipal bus stand, so forget tranquility. Food at ASCOT their mulitcuisine restaurant is good. Go for the buffet because it has a very good spread from south Indian to Indian to continental to chinese/italian. They make arrangement for sight-seeing so no hassles with the local cab drivers, and obviously much safer. We were alloted a hotel unit which was OK. The bathroom takes up a lot of place and one major complaint that I have is there is no dressing area for the ladies. So they need to get dressed in the bathroom which is a bit awkward. Travel desk is very helpful and see to all your requirements. Expected something better as per CM standards but it was not bad. Bottom Line : SCOPE FOR IMPROVEMENT!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple