“Worst Staff - very unfriendly & rude”

and 1 more site!
Fairstay Holiday Resort
Bengaluru, India
“Worst Staff - very unfriendly & rude”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I am writing this review very late. I traveled to Ooty in the month of March 2013, my second trip to Ooty.

When i went to ooty first time with my family during October 2012, I stayed @ Fairstay Resorts. Their staff was inexperienced and no body was their @ reception when i reached there. After waiting for 15 minutes, one person arrived and he was very poor @ English/HIndi & since we also didn't know Tamil, we couldn't interact much. But, somehow he tried to contact his senior & he came after half an hour. One point worth mentioning here is that you will lose your signal reception here. I use Airtel connection. Hotel room was definitely very nice, so I would like to appreciate that. But service was very poor. During breakfast & lunch, we had to wait for long.

So, since my first experience was ok, not great (good value for money), i decided to there during my next trip too. I had already booked the room with them. But this time, my interaction with the receptionist was the worst ever in my life. It took us around 7-8 hrs to reach Ooty from Bangalore and as soon as we reached there @ 2 PM, we though our room would be ready. But they told room is not ready and it will take atleast 1 hr to make it ready. My family wanted to have a look at the room, so we asked them to show us the room. One of my family member used the washroom attached with that room. The manage @ the reception made a very big issue on this and told us that we should have aksed them first whether to use the washroom there or not. I was shocked @ this response. He said the room was for someone else, then I aplogized also. But the guy there didn't want to listen, he thought himself to be the Principal of the school and me the kid in the school. But after sometime, i lost patience and retaliated. I asked him for his senior, but he said he is the only senior here. Then I advised him to be more of a Customer Manager, and less of a principal.
I left the premise after this and tried to call his senior (which i got from my emails), but he too, started saying that this was my mistake. Then I thought it was waste of my time to talk to these guys.

My entire mood was spoiled and my family also had the worst experience. I would still request those guys to go through few courses to learn delivering better customer experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank hivivekkumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (105)
Reviewed October 23, 2013

i had a wonderful stay during my stay at fairstay oct14 . the place is fully greenery .The Mountain and the water fall close the resorts is very beauty full. Resorts is very close(2km) to the city and market area and sightseeing places.they guiding well the route and as well as tourist
Places.if they provide Map would be more easy,because in some places gprs not getting.
the service of the people,food ,child play area ,parking facilities everything was nice.this is a family resort.suitable for all people.i will recommend to my friends and relatives . Thanks.

Room Tip: take ground floor rooms
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed October 23, 2013

My self and my family members took 2 Rooms in fairstay ooty on 12th october. we booked in 2 different names.Resorts People allotted us Rooms on different floor. we asked them to allot nearby rooms ,they arranged immediately , and they taken to rooms ,I think Mr. kumar he has explained completely , how to contact Reception,Restaurant,and the function of water heater ,Restaurant timings ,what is available in Restaurant ,Snacks times, Regarding water purifier which is in the room ,the complete details of the Nilgiris sightseeing by order day to day .the service of hotel is Excellent.they are doing teamwork without ego . all facilities are available .Really we enjoyed our trip.we didn't face any problem. the trip was Excellent

Room Tip: ground floor suitable for families those who are kids ,because the child play area is close to rooms...
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed with my family on 15th October this year .when was in fairstay my complete stay was excellent.My kids enjoyed very well ,the child play area is very good for children.i booked through online, when i book i saw many positive review also few negative reviews .but i give positive review ,because i traveled from Bangalore near about 400 km to ooty ,in many place road got demaged so comparing to fairstay road is i say its good. only entrance for 20mtr road work has to done ,they already started the work .i relaxed with family .food ,specially on 16th oct morning which i had same like my home. there is no color no preservative .completely the stay was enjoyable.only one thing i felt bad that is in next building some sound which was disturbed me.other wise ok.

Room Tip: take suite room center of property
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Absolutely awful....bad location. The hotel is located far from Ooty city center and in no-man's land. The approach road is unforgettable (in most cruel sense of things...) which leads to the property. I had booked the place looking at the photos depicted in the website....however much to my shock and surprise, the location is far from what is depicted in the website. Nobody attends you at the counter.....won't find anyone at reception. There are times with no electricity and when you ask about the problems, the management talks about the property being new and still to attain finality and stuff....Worst experience in my lifetime booking hotels over online (from Groupon....). I believe i need to stop this practice of booking the hotels online....it backfired...folks.........one simple advise..........JUST AVOID THIS PLACE.

Bangalore
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Hotel location and condition is not good. Food and Service was worst. Cleanliness - they don't care. There bathroom was very dirty with red iron water coming from geyser as if they started the geyser after a month.

I wouldn't recommend anyone to stay in this hotel even for FREE. This hotel spoiled my trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank Vicky N
Hosur, Tamil Nadu, India
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Excellent one....Good things about this hotel: Staff very friendly and good Breakfast and Dinner was very good View from the hotel is awesome as it is located in a hill.
Beautiful location.I doubted the hotel while seeing the entry road but everything demolished by their services,the room is very clean,though it has all amenities.I would definitely say thanks to Mr.Kumar the manager and Mr.Karthik raja (Food) - they did fantastic services. Unforgettable experience
Mubarak.I