“Clean, cozy, comfortable, and affordable accommodation”
Review of Ponmari Residencyy

Ponmari Residencyy
Bengaluru, India
“Clean, cozy, comfortable, and affordable accommodation”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at Ponmari Residency with my family for two nights. The hotel is easily accessible from the city and has enough parking space and security for your vehicles.
On my arrival, I found that the female receptionist was very receptive and friendly. She had all my information handy. I had to just fill in a few details as part of the usual check-in procedure. She was considerate and thoughtful enough to help me by extending the reservation tentatively as I was uncertain about the duration of my stay. She was flexible enough to cancel it later.
The male staff members who assisted me were good too. In general, I found that the staff members were soft-spoken and courteous.
A pleasant surprise awaited me when I entered the room. The bathroom, which is the most important aspect of my stay, was all set and sparkling clean like it was never used. The room was neat and beds were spacious to accommodate four members, but we were just three, so even more a treat. The best part of my stay; steaming hot water was available round the clock.
The hotel also includes amenities that range from essentials to luxuries like wireless internet connectivity in the lobby, a travel desk, and an ayurvedic massage center.
You can also find a small shop inside the hotel premises, where you can buy stuff made or sold prominently in ooty, like homemade chocolates, varieties of tea, and aromatic oils.
Not to forget, the room service was responsive. The housekeeping staff cleaned my room without disturbing my baggage or meddling with any of my belongings.
Guests get complimentary breakfast coupons on arrival. However, the food is served at around 8:00 AM, which is very late for early birds like me, as I love to venture out early in the morning to cover as many places as I can and get few brilliant snaps before places become crammed with people and vehicles. It would be great if the management can take care of such little inconveniences. I would suggest that the hotel should start serving food around 7:15 AM. If not all the items, at the least, bread and butter to start with.
Another aspect that I would expect the management to correct is the overpriced food, though I know it is common among most hotels in tourist locations. People like me, who prefer to have food in the same hotel, will find it heavy on their pockets.
Overlooking the few minor faults, I can confidently say that my stay at the hotel was convenient, pleasant, reasonable, and satisfying.

Room Tip: Reserve a royal family suite if you are traveling with a family of three to four members and want to...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Ponmari, General Manager at Ponmari Residencyy, responded to this review, October 26, 2013
Thank you for reviewing Ponmariresidencyy in TripAdvisor.Your kind review is very encouraging for our team. We are so glade that you have enjoyed the location.
Thank you and hope to have the pleasure of you staying with us sometime in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (106)
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed September 20, 2013

We stay here for 3 days. Excellent services and Tasty food. Behavior of staff is great and they have smiley faces while talking. I came with my family. the climate and location of this hotel is near to tourist places.
whenever we need anything, we just call the room services and it was delivered within the minutes. we enjoyed every moments of life in the hotels.

we would again like to come here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ootyooty, General Manager at Ponmari Residencyy, responded to this review, September 25, 2013
Dear Sir, Thank you for reviewing your feedback in TripAdvisor ,Your review is very much encouraging for our team.We are so glade that you enjoyed the location and food at Ponmariresidencyy.

Hope to have the pleasure of you staying with us some time in the near future .

with regards, The Hotel Team.
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We arrived bit earlier than expected...so booking made by the travel agent was not visible at the reception. But the Lady Employee who was at the counter was very diplomatic...she called the "manager" and got it confirmed that we have been booked..(she did not know that I knew tamil?)
Anyway I felt that the way she handled was good..Room what we got was noisy because of the rain water - Gutter was not fixed or over flowing (corner room 302?), I wanted it to be change and I got another one which was very much less noisy..
NO VIEW (very very Sad? SInce Ooty is for scene?) since all the family rooms were on UG floor? so no Lift.
Linen Good, Hot water Good..but for a 3 star hotel I expect some shampoo as well..
Breakfast - guys please order at the start...you could order any thing(what's on menu) any quantity, so that's good and very tasty too...Coffee drinker like me one cup is not enough - any way that's all over India they serve very little.

Wi-fi was not working but we were allowed to use the reception PC to check things out - of course no charges..

I agree with Khemkasid and Nirmal R - Food other than breakfast is not worth for the amount you pay..Bit over priced.

Would definitely recommend to stay and will stay again if I go back.

Room Tip: Family rooms I did not try the other side, so when you check in ask for the rooms on the reception s...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
ootyooty, General Manager at Ponmari Residencyy, responded to this review, September 21, 2013
Dear sir,
Thank you for reviewing Ponmariresidencyy in TripAdvisor and you have enjoyed your stay with us and we hope you will recommend our hotel to your family and friends.

In your next trip to Ponmariresidencyy we will make sure your stay will be more comfortable.

Thanking you. General Manager.
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed September 18, 2013

We went to ooty for a day so we stayed at ponmari residency which is in cheering circle the food which we had was very expensive and it wasn't that good also so it wasn't worth at all but the rooms were very good and clean. overall it was a pleasant stay there! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
ootyooty, General Manager at Ponmari Residencyy, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear sir,
Your kind review is very encouraging for our team. We are so glad that you enjoyed the location and the stay at Ponmariresidencyy.

with regards, General Manager.
Kochi
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stay was pretty okay with the expected facilities. Restaurant is not at all up to the mark or what we come to expect from a hotel who are charging this much. Apart from the Break fast which is pretty good, lunch and dinner are pretty awful with exorbitant rates. Staff are courteous and well behaved. A safe hotel for a calm vacation.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

ootyooty, General Manager at Ponmari Residencyy, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear sir,
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback following your stay at Ponmariresidencyy Ooty..

We have noted that you have enjoyed your stay. Guest feedback is vital important to us to improve on the services and facilities that we provide to our guests and your comments have already been taken up with the relevant department for corrective measures.

Thank you, with regards. General Manager.
Pune, India
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It's a average hotel. with good view from hotel and quiter place. But not very clean, water problem, electricity problem. Any service you ask, it was very late and you have call few times for it. Staffs are friendly but not able to help much. Food was average.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
ootyooty, General Manager at Ponmari Residencyy, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you for reviewing in trip advisor. Our hotel has round the clock hot water facilities and we have power back up also.
Once power goes off the Battery back up will be there in room and with in five minutes the gen set will be on.
In your review you have noted regarding water and power problem. Any how we will look into the matters .
We hope your stay was comfortable.

with regards, Rajendran.
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I went on a trip to Ooty with my friends for the weekend and was looking for an affordable place with nice amenities. The breakfast and dinner quality were awesome. Our breakfast had Khichdi, Vada, Idly and Ootappam the first day and Pongal, Vada, Idly and Dosa the next day. Chutney was solid unlike other hotels where it would be very diluted. Staff were very helpful in guiding to places and the hotel being in Charring Cross is a blessing as places like Botanical Garden, Dodabeta are all nearby.

Room Tip: I would highly recommend the family room as it was more comfortable and was tad neat.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
ootyooty, General Manager at Ponmari Residencyy, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you for reviewing in Trip Advisor and you have enjoyed your stay and we hope you will recommend our hotel to your friends and hope to see you again with your family.