Destiny Farmstay
Nilgiris Inn(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$46
  • Room Service
Taj Savoy Hotel, Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$178
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$168
$157
  • Breakfast included
Hill Country Lovedale(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$114
  • Restaurant
Sterling Ooty Fern Hill(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$259
$242
Vinayaga Inn(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$107
  • Restaurant
Nahar's Nilgiris Hotel(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$39
Sanjay Hotel(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$38
$36
  • Room Service
Blue Hills International(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$49
  • Restaurant
Global Village Ooty(Ooty (Udhagamandalam))
$158
Agoda.com
All reviewshorse ridingzip linefarm staybumpy ridearmy truckdairy farmfarm animalsemerald dampaid activitiesglass paintingrock climbingavalanche lakefree activitiesadventurous activitieslong trekluxury roomnature walk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Visited this place for our honeymoon in Jan'14. Amazing place, very friendly staff and best food.
Best hospitality till date from the security,receptionists,chefs,maitre d',waiters,house keeping staff...The farm is a very scenic located next to emerald lake. The place is maintained very well. The Honeymoon suite was very clean, spacious, well furnished and cozy with a private balcony having the views of the lake in the valley of the beautiful hills. The staff decorated the bed with flowers from the farm. They served a complimentary candle light dinner and also made a delicious honeymoon cake. Fireplace was lit in the evening after dinner which kept the room warm. The staff accompanied us to picnic by the lake with a picnic basket. They took a lot of photos, kept us updated on every place in the farm and places around. Never gone through any hassle during the stay. Check-in and check-out were very smooth. They have nice Horses, Cows, ducks and that white cat running behind the pigeons :) Overall, I would give 10/5 for this place.
Destiny - Thank you for the memories!
One thing that can be done is to improve the road leading from Emerald to the car park. Do not need a highway, but please make it better.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sairamiv
Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

Booked this place a day in advance. Jeni took good care of the reservation part, it was perfect and hassle free. Thanks Jeni..

I parked my car and got into their military 4 wheel drive, as always my kids enjoyed the drive.

Check in formalities went smooth and I was welcomed by Chef John Mathew , a charming person, was really impressed. Service is damn super and of course 5 out of 5 marks for food.

Rooms are spacious with a balcony and a living, 100% wooden panelled and bathroom was ok.

View from the room is spectacular and I could spend a couple of hours sitting on the wooden bench.

Staff: well trained and courteous. A lady (dont remember her name) took care of my daughter for hours.

My son freaked out for 2 days. Loved horse riding. Overall it was a good experience. Thanks Destiny.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suhailpp
Reviewed January 27, 2014

Had been with my wife to this place .....reaching this from ooty is a little daunting task but you will enjoy it .... a little bit of offroading (make sure you have tyres in good condition & also your vehicle). Had been to destinys office one day before to collect the route map .The Hotel staff kept calling us & giving directions .....wonderful hospitality starts here .
Once we reached the parking lot security ram bhadur & another lady staff welcomed us with smile.They offered us some tea but we did not have it as we wanted to have breakfast . In 20 mins we had a truck which picked us up .....its a one way & the road allows only one vehicle to pass at a time & only Destinys trucks ply .....its a kind off army truck. The breakfast was kept ready as we had kept them informed them before .We had taken the standard rooms & were really good & well maintained . Luxury rooms are a bit further from restaurant.Lots of activities .....liked the short trek which was complimentary .Horses , cows , ducks .....lots of em ..........

Food was great .....service from all the staffers were beyond excellence ........destiny has a good team .Right from the time they welcomed us to the time we were sent off it was really great hospitality .Keep it up

What i did not like :

Vegetarian spread is little less & is overprized
Some activities are a little costly .
Spa is not really good me & my wife had a complimentary foot & head massage which was just okay .
I took steam bath & the temperature was very low & it got turned off in 15 mins not worth a dime.

Just cant stop talking about the hospitality & the locale really good & safe for family & couples. I did not see any alochol being served which is good as it encourages family crowd.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are good enough unless you might want a a big room with fireplace. Rooms below the cafeteria gets noisy avoid it
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sriharsha r
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We visited Destiny Farms in January 2014. Let me start by saying that it has been one of my best holidays ever. Absolutely out of this world , beautiful natural environment. And what really made our stay worthwhile is the superior quality of customer service and hospitality of the staff of Destiny Farm. They looked after my son and daughter like family. I would like to especially mention Mahalakhsmi, Sanjay and Babuthe stable Manager. Needless to say everymember of the staff made sure that we had a joyful and comfortable stay. My son has already made us promise our May vacations are spent in Destiny Farms. The horse riding, cow milking, fishing and the lake side picnic are such wonderful memories that we are recommending this place to friends and family.I would once again like to mention the key differentiator is the homely atmosphere and the extremely helpful staff. Every member of the staff made our stay worthwhile. Karaoke singing, the bonfire are also some of the extremely fun filled activities.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2014

I just wanted to let you know how impressed I was by the level of service afforded to us on our recent stay.

Thank you so much for making our first experience of Destiny for such an enjoyable one

Team at Destiny, we would like to thank you all for the first class service given to us. Food was great

We will certainly be using your services again and will recommend you to our friends at every opportunity.

Thank you again and wishing you every success in the future.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends