Back from a wonderful vacation. The biggest advantage of the Destiny farmstay is Location, Location and Location. Its a slice of heaven and no matter how good a photographer you are, no pictures can do justice to the beauty of pristine, untouched virgin Nilgiris that surround the property. So beautiful, so pristine, so pure that I still have a hangover.. Hope this hangover stays for a long time so that I can continue to feel the fresh oxygen in my lungs :) It wont be an exaggeration to say that it almost gives a wild west ranch feel and you feel like you are in Europe. A sharp contrast to the severly commericalized Ooty, this place was just the kind of stay we wanted. Cosy, beautiful mountain landscapes, farm animals, fresh produce, adventure, relaxed, rejuvenated are some of the words that will come to your mind after staying here. My 7 years old son is very hard to please and was very upset that we were going to the mountains for the break (he is a beach buddy) but the moment he reached here, he said ,"wow, this place is beautiful." From being angry, to saying that he is having a good time to finally saying he was having FUN and a GREAT TIME, Destiny Farmstay bridged the gap very fast.
Here is a very factual evaluations with pros and cons -
1. Location is the biggest selling point. Its surrounded by the pristine, unpolluted nilgiris and has the Emerald lake flowing nearby.
2. Its a true farmstay. lots of activities for children and adults alike. Rappling, zip lining, monkey crawling (river crawling), fishing, horse riding, children activities, craft zone etc. Almost all the activities are on chargeable basis except the horse riding during morning and evening hours.
3. You will be cut off from the rest of the world. No TV, no mobile connection, no internet. They have a wifi zone where if you are lucky, you will get mobile connection too. It might sound odd, but you will thank them that they are helping you to reconnect with your inner self sans the modern tech.
4. Rooms are nice and spacious. Bathrooms are very clean and modern. They have a sit out outside and then a patio in front of the cottage. All the rooms face the valley. You can just sit there and do nothing.
5. Professionally managed. Very courteous staff. Will like to make a special mention of Ms Aditi, Ms Buela and Mr Kareem. They ensured that our stay was comfortable.
1. Access road to teh farmstay is very poorly made and is in need of maintenance. Also, there is a 20 minute drive to the actual farmstay from the parking slot, which can be reached only in their military style trucks. Because of the terrain and the sheer size of the truck, the ride is very uncomfortable. It will be prudent to either make the transfer in a 4 wheel drive SUV/ jeep or on horse tonga.
2. Food needs improvement. However, on the second day of our stay there was a new menu and the food that we ordered from there tasted good.
3. Kitchen team looks understaffed because they are usually delayed in filling an order.
All in all a must visit place. Its not cheap because everything is chargeable here but its one of the best. Tip - You are cut off from the rest of the world. So if your child is finicky about certain brands of eats or drinks, do stock it and bring that.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Destiny Farmstay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Destiny Farmstay India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)