“Great views and quiet”
Review of I-India

I-India
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This place is out of town so as long as you realise that it is great. Local bus is a quick walk and the on site restaurant was adequate. The views were beautiful and the hospitality was great. An enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ms T

Reviewed January 25, 2014

A long way from everything but nice and neat with friendly staff...

Wifi is the best I have encountered in India...strong fast and reliable...

On site restaurant is ok...shame there is nothing else close...

Bus nearby for a quick trip to Ooty...

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Richard P
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The hotel and the view is too good. The staff is very Helpful. The view outside the hotel is breath taking.It was truely a great experience. The fact that the location is a bit out of Ooty helps keep away from all the commotion

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
Reviewed December 22, 2013

Nice view and location. Good value for money. Not a very lavish or star spangled hotel but a nice and economical hotel with decent staff who are polite and provide nice service.
Food was very good. Good place for family stay. I liked the evening in the lobby.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heisenberg_ran
Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. Location wise hotel is good because it is on top of the hill, we can enjoy the locations like greenery, hills etc but the hotel is too far from the town ooty (almost 6 KM from town ooty - to reach hotel from ooty transportation will be too costly around RS 200/- to 250/- drop only). The road to reach hotel from main road was worst(its difficult to walk if its rain). Hotel service is good, food also good, Rooms are below avg(no windows), we booked standard room but bad thing is that hot water will be available only at morning time (i.e 6 am to 10 am for std room) no hot water will be available at eve time (it was not mentioned in the terms and conditions - booked from Yeatra.com) and room are very small.

Pros:
Hotel service
Locations around the hotel

Cons:
Rooms are very small
Hot water not available in the evening time if you book standard room
Too far from ooty - if you want to goo for shopping - you need to book an auto/cab
Road to reach hotel
No Tv in room
No phone facility and many more

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SivaSyam
i-india, Manager at I-India, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Please apologize for the bad experience.
Standard room has hot water supply between 6.00a.m to 10.a.m (chargeable at extra hours).
We never compromise for cleanliness, service and food.
We have common TV only as we are in to Heritage concept.
One of three standard rooms have no windows. (But we charge only rs 950/- during off season).
Our access road is tarred a week back.
We have the best location comparing any other hotels in Ooty and 2.5kms from the Charring cross junction (heart of the city). Please do not under rate when you rate location (rated 1/5 only in this review) and the same is agreed by all guests .

Reviewed November 22, 2013

-It cant be worse when you book a place to stay and end up walking out at the time of check-in due to the poor quality-

I cant believe how different things can look when seen in actual. i was impressed by the photographs of the rooms shown and so decided to book this hotel for two days. But when i reached there this is what i saw-
1. I was welcomed with the information that there is power cut in the hotel which will be resumed after 24 hours (which was half the time of my booked stay) and the house turned hotel have a facility of power back up.
2. Because of that, there will not be hot water available in bathroom too (imagine taking a shower without hot water in place with 8 degree temperature)
3. I followed the attendant to reach the room which was completely dark as there was no window in the room. On my complain about no light, they showed me another room (probably the only room in the entire house with a window)
4.the room was stinking too bad and i could not stand there for too long. Guess, it wasn't used or opened from quite sometime and one can observe moist and ripped walls and floors all over
5. The room wasnt prepared despite my advance booking and the cleaning started in front of me after my arrival

The only good thing which i observed about this was the photography of the rooms due to which i was fooled to book this place.
I was so much frustrated and furious that i immediately decided not to accept the room there. I immediately informed cleartrip and asked for the refund from the hotel. For this the hotel, did not even refund my full amount despite multiple reminders and returned only half the amount.
It is really sad that businesses like these take advantage of your advance booking because of the trust you show in the info provided on website and in return they put the payment terms as per their wish.
i had no option but to accept the half refund after my failed efforts to retrieve the full amount.
I wasted half day of my two day vacation in finding another place in cold

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
4  Thank Khaiber S
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I just completed a 3-night stay in Ooty, and I stayed at I-India. I loved it.The hotel property itself is quite good.This hotel is gorgeous - everything is well thought of and services are excellent.The rooms are simply excellent. The room size is BIG. Very well equipped with all the latest facilities and amenities. Its very stylishly done up. The bathrooms are HUGE, with a separate shower area.The room is very well lit and has so much of free space to move around. The sleep quality is fantastic, very luxurious.I would not hesitate to stay here again when we return to this charming city.

Room Tip: all rooms are good..