“Bad experience :(”

Ranked #7 of 180 Specialty Lodging in Ooty
Hyderabad, India
“Bad experience :(”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 16, 2013

We stayed here for two nights. Location wise hotel is good because it is on top of the hill, we can enjoy the locations like greenery, hills etc but the hotel is too far from the town ooty (almost 6 KM from town ooty - to reach hotel from ooty transportation will be too costly around RS 200/- to 250/- drop only). The road to reach hotel from main road was worst(its difficult to walk if its rain). Hotel service is good, food also good, Rooms are below avg(no windows), we booked standard room but bad thing is that hot water will be available only at morning time (i.e 6 am to 10 am for std room) no hot water will be available at eve time (it was not mentioned in the terms and conditions - booked from Yeatra.com) and room are very small.

Pros:
Hotel service
Locations around the hotel

Cons:
Rooms are very small
Hot water not available in the evening time if you book standard room
Too far from ooty - if you want to goo for shopping - you need to book an auto/cab
Road to reach hotel
No Tv in room
No phone facility and many more

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SivaSyam
i-india, Manager at I-India, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
Please apologize for the bad experience.
Standard room has hot water supply between 6.00a.m to 10.a.m (chargeable at extra hours).
We never compromise for cleanliness, service and food.
We have common TV only as we are in to Heritage concept.
One of three standard rooms have no windows. (But we charge only rs 950/- during off season).
Our access road is tarred a week back.
We have the best location comparing any other hotels in Ooty and 2.5kms from the Charring cross junction (heart of the city). Please do not under rate when you rate location (rated 1/5 only in this review) and the same is agreed by all guests .

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Bangalore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013

-It cant be worse when you book a place to stay and end up walking out at the time of check-in due to the poor quality-

I cant believe how different things can look when seen in actual. i was impressed by the photographs of the rooms shown and so decided to book this hotel for two days. But when i reached there this is what i saw-
1. I was welcomed with the information that there is power cut in the hotel which will be resumed after 24 hours (which was half the time of my booked stay) and the house turned hotel have a facility of power back up.
2. Because of that, there will not be hot water available in bathroom too (imagine taking a shower without hot water in place with 8 degree temperature)
3. I followed the attendant to reach the room which was completely dark as there was no window in the room. On my complain about no light, they showed me another room (probably the only room in the entire house with a window)
4.the room was stinking too bad and i could not stand there for too long. Guess, it wasn't used or opened from quite sometime and one can observe moist and ripped walls and floors all over
5. The room wasnt prepared despite my advance booking and the cleaning started in front of me after my arrival

The only good thing which i observed about this was the photography of the rooms due to which i was fooled to book this place.
I was so much frustrated and furious that i immediately decided not to accept the room there. I immediately informed cleartrip and asked for the refund from the hotel. For this the hotel, did not even refund my full amount despite multiple reminders and returned only half the amount.
It is really sad that businesses like these take advantage of your advance booking because of the trust you show in the info provided on website and in return they put the payment terms as per their wish.
i had no option but to accept the half refund after my failed efforts to retrieve the full amount.
I wasted half day of my two day vacation in finding another place in cold

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

4 Thank Khaiber S
Kochi, Kerala, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2013

I just completed a 3-night stay in Ooty, and I stayed at I-India. I loved it.The hotel property itself is quite good.This hotel is gorgeous - everything is well thought of and services are excellent.The rooms are simply excellent. The room size is BIG. Very well equipped with all the latest facilities and amenities. Its very stylishly done up. The bathrooms are HUGE, with a separate shower area.The room is very well lit and has so much of free space to move around. The sleep quality is fantastic, very luxurious.I would not hesitate to stay here again when we return to this charming city.

Room Tip: all rooms are good..
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hyderabad, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

This property is an old colonial hill top residence, away from downtown Ooty. The view is spectacular, and the surroundings are very quite and pretty. I enjoyed the bonfire setup in the evening with other guests staying in the hotel. Food quality was good and tasty. WiFi too was working and not pricey. Spent only a night as a break on my business trip, and definitely worth staying for few days, in future.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank AKHarkara
Pune, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2013

This property is a refurbished old British bungalow converted to a hotel. It is a small place with 7 rooms. the location is great as it is not very far from town but is away from the sounds and crowds of the town. It has nice view of valley and tea estate on the hill behind it. We had booked a heritage room which proved great for a family of 2+2. It had 2 queen sized beds. Hot water was available all day round. Also it had a private and exclusive dining area where food was served to us. Though the food was good, the menu was almost non existent and only a couple of vegetables/chicken were available. We could not get soup which would have been lovely considering the cold weather. The staff including manager Mr. Jerry were very courteous and helpful. All in all a nice place to stay for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Consider a heritage room for a family stay
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Aniruddha73
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed here for 3 days in October 2013. The view from hotel in really amazing ,Food options are less but quality is very good. The room which i got was not looking same as in website. It is very near to main hall ,common area and dining hall. I was difficult to sleep, if some body is watching tv outside or talking loudly in dining hall. but it was manageable. The staff is very helpful and the hotel is well maintained. Parking facility was good.

+ve: Beautiful location, parking facility, Quality of food,friendly staff, Near to city
_ve: Lack of privacy in rooms. Approach road to hotel is in bad condition, food options are less, No tv in room,

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We went to Ooty recently in the month of October 2013. We had reserved a deluxe room in advance. Quite frankly, we were amazed at the wonderful view that the hotel offered us from the common hall room. We were witness to a beautiful valley view everyday. The rooms were clean but the furniture could definitely do with some changing. The property is a villa with rooms given on rent. The room does not have a TV (which in my personal opinion is great) nor a fan (not really needed for Ooty). The food is great and well done by the caretakers with a limited option of veg and non veg foods.

Pro's: - Lovely location, isolated from the hassle of the city, sufficient parking, good and homely food, simplistic rooms and a great great view from the common rooms, friendly and helpful staff.

Con's: - Far from the city (for all you shopping buffs), furniture needs to be changed in my view, the approach road to the hotel can be improved and paved for low clearance vehicles, a bigger sign board will definitely help to locate the place easier.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this place to anyone travelling to Ooty

Room Tip: Choose a Deluxe room since it comes with a heater.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple