“Great place to be ... Homely and cozy”
Review of I-India

I-India
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I had a pleasant stay at this place and people were very hospitable. I actually had recommended 2 other friends to this place and they too enjoyed their stay. The manager in the hotel at that time (Shabi) was very friendly and that added on to the stay, I would defiantly visit the same place given a second choice.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SBVenkatesh
There are newer reviews for I-India

Reviewed July 14, 2011

We stayed at i-India. The reason for choosing this place was the tripadvisor rating and the reasonable cost. The place is good but not great. Why am I saying that? Lets check out:
Whats good:
1. The amazing view of the Ketti Valley. One can spend hours looking at the valley and the distant mountains.
2. Cleanliness
3. Friendly staff and the owner (Sabi Raj)
4. The interiors. There are so many beautiful pictures around. The choice of furniture in the living place is also good.

What not so good:
1. For all three days, there was shortage of hot water. They have a solar water heater. But during Monsoon, there was not enough sun light.
2. There is no TV inside rooms. There is a just one TV in the living room.
3. One has to pre-order breakfast/lunch/dinner. If not, you may have to starve. We reached there around 5 in the evening and asked for some soup but there was nothing available. We even got denial if we purchase some knor soup and cook on our own.
4. The rooms are good but I expect to have a open window towards valley. If not towards valley, at least to get some fresh air. The windows were opening inside some other common room. So we had to keep them close all the time.
5. The rooms were little bit suffocating. There was no opening for air ventilation.

Bottom line: Its is a average place in the amount that you pay.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gp4titan
Reviewed July 12, 2011

The view is excellent. Thanks to sabi (the manager) for the hospitality and making our stay a memorable one.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SandeepBP
Reviewed July 12, 2011

My name is Balamurugan. Went Ooty for my honeymoon days..
We stayed in I-india for 2 days and 2 nights.
Climate: fine and good
About room: Neat and super
Food: Homely food no problem
About staff: They are friendly and helpful.
Manager and his wife: They are very helpful and they advised me the places where to visit and how to go. i even called them during shopping for best shop.

We enjoyed a lot in Ooty..

Simple the best and very secure to stay for couples..

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank bala14_cse
Reviewed July 3, 2011

sabi and latha have been one of the best host and you need to spend time at i-india ooty to know how great the place.
words cannot explain the quality of the place.
thank u Sabi and Latha for the great holiday

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ashishtheenlightend
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We visited South India on a short trip and found this quaint little 06 room property, located in a beautiful town called Lovedale. Its just outside of Ooty, so you are close to the charms and yet far away from the crowd. This wonderful property is run by Sabi Raj, who became our good friend. He suggested our day to day activities, with short walks, trips to wonderful localities and amazing view finding vantage points...

Chellan, the local guy who works here as a multi utility guy, took us on a wonderful walk to the top of the adjoining hill. The complete view of Ooty, the hills and the excellent and fresh wind, just takes your breath away. Amma is the housekeeper with quiet efficiency.

Cute little rooms, a sweet little restaurant, a nice reception and a beautiful porch where you can sit and watch the clouds from sunrise to sunset... Food can be improved, but the option of cooking for a romantic dinner for your wife is a genuine plus!!!

All in all, a brilliant place to stay for a weekend at minimum and an extended stay is recommended if you want a quaint substitute against the hustle and bustle of Ooty. Stay here and explore the area.... And take the Nilgiri Passenger from Mettupalayam, its a breathtaking journey!!!

Room Tip: book in advance, and speak with the manager - Sab!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank saurvika
Reviewed June 25, 2011

I-India is a very decent place, out of the hustle bustle of the town, with a spectacular view of the Valley and just 5-8 mins drive to heart of Ooty.
The heritage house (its a 100 yr old property) provides very clean rooms and nice lobby to relax.
When we went, it was really chilly, this place being in a valley, has temperatures 2 degrees below the Ooty town, and rooms can be cold, but room heaters are available at extra cost.
The food prepared is homely, tasty and at reasonable cost.
Managar Mr. Sabi, is a great guy, he will plan trips for you have will give you extra special personal touches which makes holidays perfect.
I would surely recommend I-India, it is a unique experience which you might not get in any hotels or luxury resort. If you are looking for a Home-Stay kind of experience, I-India is THE place

Room Tip: Home stay experience at its best
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family