“Good to stay for a short period of time”
Review of Maneck Hotels

Maneck Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Calicut
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I found hotel was under budget for me with good location near to the ooty market ,bus stand and railway station .I had booked a standard room and i found it very small we were two so some how we managed but if you are with big family please book some other room

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

3 Thank Vivek Kumar A
Bengaluru
Reviewed January 4, 2013

toilet was not up to the mark , shortage of bedspreads, only morning hot water that to 7.00am to 9.00am ,particularly when we stayed hot water started at 8.30am totally it was horrible stay in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip

1 Thank girish n

Travelers are raving about these Ooty (Udhagamandalam) hotels

Andhrapradesh
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Its very costly, they don’t care your calls. No food service, got hot water after a long wait, when we asked them hot water, one guy knocked the door and asking for bucket that was funny.. Delay in response.. better not to prefer this hotel

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I had booked this hotel (2 rooms) well in advance via travel guru. As I was travelling with my own car and had a driver, I was specific about arrangement for my driver and parking for my car. As we were at Ooty as tourist, intention was to invest time on visiting sites & use hotel only to take rest at night and freshen up for next morning. My driver got the dormitory to sleep, my car got a parking and we got good bed to sleep. Not bad at this price (less than Rs. 1000/room/day).

One wouldn't like it much if plan is to spend time in hotel, relaxing & chilling out. Hotel is in heart of the city and is not a resort. Rooms are small. TV is CRT 21". Hot water is available in morning from 7 to 9. If you order for a tea, it will be served in steel glass (don't expect the tray, saucer etc.). There is no towel or soap for use. This is something I was expecting. However, considering the cost, I carried my own stuff too.

We had no issues as we had a good night sleep, woke up at 7 and checked out by 9. If your expectations are limited this is a decent place.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank PraveeNegi
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed November 1, 2012

Hotel Manek Residency,LowerBazar Ooty,could have been better.I stayed there on 27 & 28th October 2012,I found the experience average after staying in Hotel Siddharta,Mysore.There are only 3 staffs I found in the 2night stay.No restaurant,for food u have to go Hotel Maneck,Main Bazar,though that restaurant is not too good,by infrastructure just below average but cost is too high.If u order room service,that is brought from the restaurant through open air for 2-3 mins.The staffs (3) are not at all cooperative ,u have to take ur own luggage to top floors,[One lanky boy sits at the reception for the formalities].Even I found them to laugh seeing us moving our luggage during checkout & speaking in their languages. The most important thing they will provide u hot water through the tap only between 7am -9am,no hot water in the evening & u have to tackle biting cold water for ur needs.The rooms r small,no dressing table only a mirror for ur needs but surprisingly one LCD is there.There was a mid aged person (his fuction to book a car for tours)was following us to see whether we are taking an auto for sightseeing,he even asked an auto driver where did we go,after returning from Charring Gross Market.BUT BY POSITION,IT"S TRULY THE BEST<near the railway staion500m>near autostand200m>charring gross market 1km>the car driver for sightseeing was too good,enthusiastic & good a guide.So a 1800Rs non ac room,I felt it's infrastructes could have in better considering it's advantages

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family