Stayed in Sherlock for couple of days in the first week of Aug. Stayed in the Semi-deluxe room. Service and stay was very nice.
-Excellent service , we were sitting besides the fireplace while we ordered dinner...and the staff made sure dinner was served there without being asked for ! Also they remembered to serve us warm water since we asked for it the prev day. Nice little things.
- liked the theme : Sherlock Holmes :) Our room was called Gloria scott .
- Stunning location and nicely maintained garden.
- Old world charm
- Awesome food (A la carte)
- Best thing is that there are just few rooms ...so staff know everyone staying.
- About 2 km uphill from town. So be ready to take an auto / long walk. Travel desk is helpful wth arranging travel though.
- Water in the washroom was a bit brownish on the day we went. Don't know why. We did complain , but didn't improve much.
- No heater in rooms. Free fireplaces though :) Staff would light them whenever you want in the evenings.
- Take the luxury rooms. Semi deluxe ones lack privacy and has sound coming in from the dining area.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Sherlock Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sherlock Hotel Ootacamund
- Sherlock Hotel India/Ooty (Udhagamandalam)