“Comyf beds in Madurai...”

Fortune Pandiyan Hotel
Ranked #3 of 55 Hotels in Madurai
“Comyf beds in Madurai...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

The hotel is a good hotel choice in Madurai. As we arrived we were invited to participate in Pongal festivities/ displays, which was really nice. Rooms are very nice and clean, with kettle and complimentary tea/coffee.
We had the dinner buffet one night, which was good, and also the breakfast was good and varied.
There is a "business center" with 2 computers free of charge, but the WiFi was steep at 120 Rs for 1hr, or 400 Rs for 24hrs.
There is also a shopping center in about 5min walking distance (turn right and right, cross the road and then you see it).

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice through Trip Advisor platform.

It is through valueable feedback like yours that we strive to exceed customer expectations.

In this instance, I would like to express my gratitude and appreciation to you for the support and cooperation. We are glad to have such a reliable and reputable partners as you are.

C.Sujith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Ahmedabad, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2014

I have to stay being a club ITC member and regular at fortune hotels around the country this is probably my worst experience at any fortune property. The hotel is dated and food is not what you expect from fortune. It seems fortune is just running this hotel for namesake . They have taken over this old hotel from someone. However i dont think there are many options in Madurai

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
Dear Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at
Fortune Pandiyan Madurai.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that this matter is receiving my urgent personal attention and that the same will not occur again. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

It would be greatful if you could advice us in specific where we should improve in terms of food and service so that we can demonstrate the improvement on your next visit to Fortune Pandiyan.

At Fortune Pandiyan Madurai, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Bury St Edmunds, UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Well, starting with the pros - the beds were lovely & comfy and the room was clean and had a bath, kettle etc.
We were in a front room which was very noisy, it had a kind of balcony but the door to it was locked - a good thing because the balcony was inches deep in pigeon crap which must have been piling up for years! Bad design had put a handy perch just above the window.
We had high hopes for this hotel as it looked quite 'posh' on arrival and we were treated to a Pongal display (it was mid-way through Pongal Festival). However the hotel really lost marks for it's staff, they were useless! At first we put it down to the Festival (rather like expecting good service in England on New Years Day when everyone's flakey) but seeing as there was no drinking allowed, they had no excuse!
Evening meal was a buffet only and despite having an a la carte menu, they would not serve us from it. We went back to the room to order food from the room service menu. 90% of the dishes on it 'were not available', even the ones we'd seen set out on the buffet downstairs! Our food (when it finally arrived) bared little resemblance to what we had ordered, but by then we didn't dare send it back in case we got nothing.
Breakfast - there were no clean tables ready and the staff were not attempting to tidy any up. We sat at a dirty one & cleaned it ourselves, no one came with any cutlery so I had to take serving spoons from the buffet to eat with. The 'hot' dishes were cold, the tea & coffee machine was dreadful.
I'm not a demanding person and by this time in our tour I was quite used to the slow service common to many Indian hotel restaurants, but here i was quite stunned at how bad the service was, it wasn't slow, it was like you didn't even exist!

Room Tip: Front rooms noisy with pigeon-poo covered balconies
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, February 2, 2014
Dear Madam,

Fortune Pandiyan Madurai.

Please note, during Pongal festival service of liquor is being pohibited in the city hence, we could not srve liquor.

indore india
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Very good property of itc with very good staff will apreciate their dinner and even breakfast too will suggest to take club rooms as they r newly renowated
Mr gopal from travel desk did a very good job for us will recommended everyone to take his services and a special thanx to the manager too

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Rohit V

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Been there last Christmas vacations with family. Booked through the agent at last moment and didn't expect that it would be so well located. Just a few km from the meenakshi temple. And day trip away from rameshwaram. Rooms were tidy and staff attended to promptly. The complimentary breakfast had plenty choice. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2013
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, January 27, 2014

Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014

Comfort and cleanniness are the hall mark of this hotel.
Rooms are simple but comfortable,toilets are spacious.Necessary amenities are provided.
Overall ,provides good value for money.
The atmosphere in lobby remais serene and most befitting to the temple town.

Room Tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Bern, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

the entrance is nicely made, the rooms are clean and nice. hot water heater, tea, coffee a minibar but no water with compliments. some english tv program are available free. the hotel is located in madurai city and it seems like a safe surrounding.

the restaurant serves good food as well.

Stayed January 2014
sujith c, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, January 14, 2014