“Customer First”

Ranked #3 of 54 Hotels in Madurai
“Customer First”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed in this Hotel yesterday 28 th sep for one day room number 311
Terrible experiene .First renovation work is going on ,banging noise from 8AM to 8PM
second NO AC in the room ,from 11AM to 5PM due to central unit problem
I had to sweate it out aftr paying 4800 for a day .To get a Air cooler I made to wait for 2 hours
It did not end there I ordered DInner room service at 9PM it came after 10 PM after repeated calls.Room service is horrible
I donot understandhow anybody can stay without AC after paying so much
They could have got the portable AC ,anyway there are 15 or 20 guestes on that day
Very Bad managment Irresponsible people
please change the name to MISFORTUNE PANDIYAN HOTEL

Room Tip: Never ever stay in this hotel Pandiyan era is over
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Suksal
Pandiyan, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Sir,

Greetings from Fortune Pandiyan Madurai !!!

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback through Trip Advisor and thank you for bringing these points to our notice. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai. we have conducted a point wise investigation based on your feedback and have initiated corrective actions to bring in the desired efficiency levels and ensure that there is no recurrence of the same.

It is through valueable feedback like yours that we strive to improve our services and exceed customer expectations.

While I regret on behalf of all at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai, the inconvenience you have faced, may I request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services.

At Fortune Pandiyan Madurai, it is our constant endeavour to provide you with high standards of personalized service and efficiency.

Please do give us an opportunity to welcome you back, when my colleagues and I can demonstrate to you how your feedback has resulted in immediate correction and re-establish our credibility with you.

Warm Regards,

C.Sujith

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I recently visited the hotel and my stay was comfortable, a good and courteous staff, good room service and swimming pool looked maintained. Just had the breakfast which was good hence cannot comment on the other food that is served there. Scenic through the windows, though in the city but not noisy and the location is close to the temple.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Food was excellent. There was a wide variety of choices, both in the dinner buffet and the morning complimentary breakfast. But rooms were not very clean, there was dust in the closet space and the extra comforter and pillow were just thrown into the closet. There were no hand towels in the rooms. Also be wary of the items kept in the minibar and fridge. We were charged for items they claimed were missing, but we had not taken. We had workers doing renovation work outside our room, and we also had someone in the room to fix a faucet while we were out. Anyone could have taken the candy bar, but, we had to argue for a while with the front desk personnel,before the charges were taken off our bill. Not a pleasant experience.

Room Tip: Be careful of items in the minibar and fridge.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Fortune Pandiyan Hotel, responded to this review, July 8, 2012
Dear Madam/Sir,

At the outset, I would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to my notice through Trip Advisor. I am indeed distressed to know of your recent experience at Fortune Pandiyan Madurai.

While I regret the inconvenience you have experienced, may I assure you that I am investigating the causes for me to personally address. I would additionally request you to treat this as an isolated incident and not a reflection of our normal services

Warm Regards,

Sujith
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We had a great time at Fortune Pandiyan hotel in Madurai, kids enjoyed the facilities and food, mid of the city, very close to Meenakshi Temple. Room Service was on time and professional approach of all the staff members, Quite helpful

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2012

superb rooms in madurai i have stayed in all the hotels in madurai but newly renovated room with the personalised service in a profferinal way has taken me to the experiences of staying in luxury rooms all very good experiences.

• Stayed May 2012
Pune
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very good overall experience. Delicious food, good room service, good swimming pool.
It is little outside the main area of city, but there is good connectivity to city and around. The bus stand is very near.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Trivandrum
Reviewed May 15, 2012

The food is excellent and my family along with myself enjoyed it. The staff were courteous and overall the ambience was also quiet good ! Have few suggestions like why dont you introduce sunday brunch as an option as your restaurant is one of the know places to hang out other than the Taj.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family