Royal Court Hotel
$75
Hotels.com
Treebo Simap Residency(Madurai)(Great Value!)
$39
  • Breakfast included
$33
$31
Agoda.com
All reviewshouse keepingexcellent housekeepingrailway stationtowel foldinghousekeeping teamhouse manteam leadercleaning servicemanoj kumarroom servicemeenakshi amman templevalue for moneyroom cleaningexcellent roomheart of the cityexcellent staywalkable distance
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was the 1st time,I stayed in Royal Court Madurai.Celebrity corporate club arranged me this trip.Amazing!But the staff was courteous and arranged a room immediately.Thanks to Celebrity corporate club Chennai and Royal court.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
ROYALCOURT_TEAM, Manager at Royal Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimentary comment about our hotel.Looking forward to your next visit.

Kind regard,

Reviewed December 3, 2012

This was the second time that I stayed at Royal Court. The previous visit was a long time back but remembered the hotel for its good food. This time, I arrived at the hotel quite early as compared to the time I had mentioned for check-in. But the staff was courteous and arranged a room immediately. The room was clean and spacious though the fittings and fixtures felt a bit old (But nothing to complain about).

The highlight was the food. Very tasty overall and the deserts was stuff to die for! The halwas were all too delicious, Chicken well cooked and tasty. On the second day on my arrival I found a cookie platter in the room. Though I was not hungry at all, I just could not stop myself once i started gorging on them.

Definitely planning to stay there again if I visit Madurai!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Mehul_Bonde

Dear Guest,

We are delighted to note your highly satisfactory comments on our restaurant cuisine.We are eagerly looking forward to your next visit.

Kind Regards,
Royal Court & Team

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I applaud the hotel, with special thanks to Ms. Pirya, Mr. Jeev, and the General Mgmt of the hotel for running a clean, professionally managed hotel that caters well to foreign and local tourists looking to enjoy all that Madurai has to offer. The staff worked with me to provide good service and value to all the guests, and we all really enjoyed eating our meals from the large buffet with 20+ items spread.

The hotel made a very convenient check-in/check-out process and worked with me to ensure pricing was done correctly for all guests. My only advice for next time in large groups is just to have a single price and double price for all guests regardless of room quality - might make check-out simpler and be less confusing since we want into a slight issue that we worked out cleanly at the end.

The hotel provided our group with a knowledgeable tour guide (P. Dhanabalan) with strong history and English language skills that made our trip to the temple and the palace very memorable. They also offered reasonable airport drop off rates for guests departing IXM at verious times during the day.

The rooms themselves were comfortable and nicely appointed for a hotel of it's class.

This hotels works great for large groups (we had ~25 rooms) and I'm sure it's fine for single travellers too. The best part is that the management is a trusted partner, and a group I'd be pleased to do business with again in the future.

Thanks Royal Court for making Madurai enjoyable for all my guests.

Room Tip: all rooms seemed fine.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank hvnair

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for you review highlighting our restaurant cuisine.

Look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We checked in to the hotel after a 16 hour bus ride from Munnar, and was relieved to find the hotel was of decent quality with a reasonably comfortable bed and a decently clean bathroom; the hot power shower was definitely a relief! The room could use a bit of renovation. The free wifi was definitely a plus but the signal was not consistent. The staff was friendly. What's the highlight was an excellent buffet for breakfast and lunch with lots of options. The hotel rate negotiated through our wedding party was pretty good for the value provided. They also went the extra mile to let me print out our eTicket for our flights and helped arranged our taxi ride to the airport. The hotel is walking distance (10-15 min) from the Madurai Temple which is a must-see. There're also a few shops on the main street that you can get local clothings for a bargain price.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

We are glad to note your overall assessment of our hotel infrastructure as well as highlight on our restaurant cuisine.

Look forward to your next visit.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I spent one night at Royal Court in November 2012. The room was clean and comfortable, with all the basic amenities. The breakfast buffet was tasty, and provided a lot of options. The staff were friendly and competent, and went out of their way to be helpful. The location was convenient -- close to the train station and within walking distance of the temple -- but there was some traffic noise at night. Overall a good value.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends