“Home Away from Home”

Phil's Bistro
Ranked #7 of 236 Restaurants in Madurai
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Phil’s Bistro, Italian American restaurant which is situated in Madurai. It is opened since September 2012, headed by Chef Philip and this is the first Italian American Cuisine in Madurai. The menu is vast and impressive showcasing traditional specialties as well as modern adaptations.
Reviewed December 18, 2013

As an American living in Madurai for 5 months, I was really lucky to live a couple of blocks from Phil's and made a weekly visit there to get a taste of Italian and American food. I always had great food there. The pasta and main dishes are my favorites, particularly the Marinara Pasta and Chicken Fried Chicken! Phil also does a great job with dessert! I wish I had more opportunities to visit earlier in the day because they also serve up a really nice cappuccino! The service is always great and the staff have become my friends! Definitely worth a stop!

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I tried lot of places in Chennai but i dint get this taste anywhere else !!!!! it was tender & tasty !!!…neat !!!!!,homely in the needed privacy !!!!....next the hospitality !!!!.... and the best part is the food!!!!......Here after when ever I will go to Madurai ,I ill be there without fail !!!!!…..
I specially greet Chief Chef Philip for the special attention to the customer’s tongue

Reviewed September 28, 2013

It was co-incidental that we landed there on their first anniversary and it turned out, luckily, that the place was all decked up for a candle light dinner theme. We were greeted well and the chef/owner, Philip, was at the table helping us make the right choices. The food, specially the main course of an alfredo pasta and a fish steak was appetizing and subtly flavored. The panna cotta was neat too. And finally, as it started pouring outside, the folks also helped us in fetching an auto for our ride back to the hotel. All together, a great evening, thank's to the folks at the Bistro. All the best to Philip and his team/co-owners and wish them more of such successful years, going forward.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

Hi guys, i belong to Madurai and i am really happy to see such a restaurant in my home town. Thanks to the chef for introducing us to such a delightful cuisine. It definitely is one of its kind. i have tried this restaurant, trust me the food is absolutely delicious. But only thing that prevents me from going back to this restaurant is the price. If Phil's Bistro slashes the price a little bit, i definitely will consider becoming their regular customer.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Lovely meal in a cool, clean restaurant, with a good soundtrack. I had lamb shank - it was tender & tasty.We have been working in Oddanchatram the & came to Madurai to find some western food & service. Very attentive staff. Mocktails & brownies are the icing on the cake. You won't find many other places like this in India!

PhilsBistro2013, Owner at Phil's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Our pleasure serving you.