“Everlasting”

Storytrails Madurai
Ranked #2 of 6 Tours in Madurai
More attraction details
Owner description: India exists in her stories. Join Storytrails on thematic story-based walks and short tours that zigzag through the beat and pulse of the city. Some fact, some fiction, some myth, some superstition... Take back a slice of the local life, complete with its mélange of customs, traditions and myths.Don’t merely visit Madurai. Be a part of the story!
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Very interesting kids like very much,in india this kind of trails are unique. Especially desined for foreigners but indians can relate these stories to them

1  Thank narendrermahajan

Reviewed January 1, 2014

I heard from people that Madurai has a rich history but knew nothing about it and once I saw 'once upon a madurai' I thought I should go. It was a very good experience, we went for a morning walk around the temple and there was so much history in every corner and I totally loved the experience. The story teller was excellent and fluent in communication which was a big plus and shared plenty of nice stories. Another unique thing was we had a cycle rickshaw ride in the morning, it was my first cycle rickshaw ride and I totally loved it. It is a must do in Madurai.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank jaykesh
Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I joined a walk tour called Once upon a Madurai last year during one of my visits to Madurai. Listening to some unknown facts and stories about the Madurai was interesting. I have been to Madurai many times but with this tour i really saw and learnt about the place. The storyteller did a good job explaining in a unique manner. I completely enjoyed this morning walk and recommend to anyone who wants to explore the city.

2  Thank Ajay V
Reviewed October 15, 2013

I had a great morning trail, with the luxury of being alone i had a private tour. The nice thing was that the tour is aimed on showing a great deal of the centre. So we met at the meenakshi temple, but didn t enter. That would have cost to much time. The lady of storytrail told nice details and showed me around.
After the tour she gave some good tips for the afternoon and evening (going inside the temple, the palace and some temples very near to Madurai).

The morning is a good time: rather quit, rather cool and enough time left for the other tips.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank PieterFL
Reviewed August 10, 2013

A must do.please do if you have children!!!We came away soo happy.It was a well organised tour and well planned.the stories enthralled the children and adults alike.The surpirses at discovering the city was an added benefit.

3  Thank Gayatri A