“Simap-A memorable experience”

Treebo Simap Residency
Ranked #9 of 54 Hotels in Madurai
“Simap-A memorable experience”
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I am P.V.S.Murthy, aged 65 from Hyderabad. I visited Madurai first time on 9th February 2013 with the soul purpose of Darshan of Meenakshi Amman. Being an advance planner,going through the reviews in Trip adviser, I selected Simap, seeing it's nearness to the Temple as per Google maps, and contacted Mr.Guham, the manager. I had an instant liking developped on talking to him. As per his advice, after landing in Madurai airport at 12-30 pm, I took taxi for Rs..350 and reached Simap in 15 minutes.The best identity for Simap is South avani moola, or Rajmahal silks, or Meenakshi temple East main gate. It was easy to locate the hotel. The entrance was not impressive, but the lift was modern; I was given delux room 202, big room with king size bed with excellent fresh white covers, a wall mounted lcd Samsung TV, good LG split AC, bathroom with good flesh out and continuous hot water, and good fresh towels and napkins. It is around 1 pm, and as per my pre-planned research, I told the boy Ramesh to get lunch from Sabarees. He brought it in 15 minutes, and I must tell you, it is a superb south Indian veg delight; specially the ladies finger sambar. I had good rest and went for Darshan in the evening; and at 6-30 pm, Guham attached Ramesh to take me for the light and sound show of Tirumalai Nayakar Mahal, and after return Ramesh brought me dinner Ayer's which is also excellent. I had a nice sleep, no mosquitos but goodnight is present in the room. Morning I went for Darshan and later did Pradakshin around the outer four chitrai streets and went for breakfast in the popular murugan Idli hotel, Aftetnoon I got lunch from Sabarees. At 3 pm I left for airport. Guham, the manager Simap is behind in making my visit happy and memorable. Simap doesn't have swimming pool and some other five star facilities but has the best basic needs and the affection and care of staff. Finally, if you happen to stay in Simap, don't forget to see the group photo in the reception of Aurobindo Amma, Nehru, Lal Bahadur Shastry, Gandhi, Indira and Kamaraj Nadar, a recollection of the grand old times. Finally,if you are a non smoker, if you don't drink, if you like vegetarian south Indian food, and if your main focus is on Darshan of Meenakshi Amman, I think Simap is the best among the nearest hotels.To sum up, I went to Madurai for Darshan of Meenakshi Amma, and returned with additional sweet memories of the hospitality of Simap, which I will remember long.

Room Tip: Take suit if you are a 2+ family with children, take delux if you are 2 or 2+ child because it is sp...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Murthy P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
wellington
Reviewed January 14, 2013

It took us a while to reach this hotel as Madurai is full of ony ways. Don't get fooled by the exterior of this hotel. it is so peaceful inside.Very colse to Meenakshi temple. We had a fairly quick check-in, and had a wonderfully quiet room at the far end of the hallway!! The room with a queen-sized bed was huge and very, very clean. The bathrooms were clean as well better than some five star hotels.The staff were EXTREMELY friendly and helpful. Probably the friendliest staff i've had at a hotel!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Piakumar
Pondicherry, India
Reviewed January 12, 2013

Had selected this rooms via tripadvisor and had requested Guham to make sure everything was as per our request and to good surprise EVERYTHING was as expected and told.

The rooms are very spacious and clean with clean bedsheets.

Guham is very nice & helpful person always smiling.

Very good internet connectivity.

The hotel is very close to Meenakshi temple and also right in the center of the market place too.

Will recommend this hotel to my friends visiting Madurai.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Devdutt L
Burleigh Heads, Australia
Reviewed January 7, 2013

The management really try hard here. It is so close to Meenakshi Temple - I doubt you will find anything closer or as good value for its quality. The manager said they have only been open a year so they are still improving things. They hope to have a restaurant open in the next 12 months which would also be a bonus. The room was quiet (except when indian guests got up early one morning - they really can be loud and forget others want to sleep in) So I suggest to ask for a room at the back of the place. Also the power kept going out - but you'll get use to this happening in india all the time - they do have a back up generator so that worked well. The indian breakfast was filling, I noticed someone said they got woken up at 7am for breakfast every morning - we actually told them what time we wanted breakfast and it was served to us at that time give/or take 10 minutes. IT is Vegatarian with no smoking and no driking - but this is a temple town and none of that worried me. The room was large, had a fridge and a very comfortable bed. Mosquitoes were a problem - but you can ask for a mosquito coil. You really need to make sure you put mosquito repellant on in this town. Great pillows in this hotel too (I usually take my pillow where ever I travel so I am always impressed when they have good pillows! lol) They didn't supply soap but did supply toilet paper. The toilet flushed just like home - and that is unusual in india! Also check out the wholesale jewellery shops around the corner from the temple great value for cheap presents to take home. Also try Foodies Day out - might not be the cheapest meal you will have in india but it will be the most fun and interesting. I will review that seperately. All in all a town and hotel worth visiting for a day or two. The entrance is so pretty too - nearly forgot to mention that - looks like its own temple.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back of the property.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Michelle G
Pondicherry, India
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Best Quality is available near Madurai Meenakshi temple..I went Madurai Once and i stayed at simap residency. This hotel is very neat and clean.Its environment is too good and their service was excellent..Enjoy your trip with Simap residency.

Room Tip: Best Quality Hotel in ,Madurai
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank Aishwarya307
Perth, Australia
Reviewed January 1, 2013

We have just stayed for two nights at this hotel adjacent to the Meenakshi Temple
Pros:
Great central location.
Near new building.
Nice rooms with good furniture.
Good, clean bathroom with hot shower.
Polite staff.
Cons:
Bed sheet was stained with lots of old tiny blood spots and other marks. The replacement clean sheet we requested was similarly stained.
Big piles of laundry in the 2nd floor hallway which we often needed to step over to our room.
Lots of mosquitoes especially in reception area.
Wifi did not work in the room but fine in reception.
Staff sleep on the floor in reception area until about 7:30am. Early breakfast and checkout was problematic.
Summary:
This hotel has the potential to be great in the future with improved management and laundry.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank AprilinVietam
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

My boyfriend and I got the executive double room (cheapest tariff) and it was quiet, clean with a comfy bed, air con and complimentary breakfast. 24 hour hot water under the best shower we've found in India to date. Big bathroom too that acts as a sound barrier between the bedroom and the outside world. It's located a short block from the Meenakshi Temple which is amazing and worth multiple visits. Taxis hover outside to take you wherever else you want to go. All the service we received was excellent and friendly. Probably the only thing we could have done without was being woken before 7am each morning to have our breakfast delivered. As we'd managed to pick up a stomach bug on route to Madurai the smell of curry on being awoken was the last thing we needed, but we can't fault their good intentions. The manager gave us good advice on how to get to our next destination also. If there is one thing we could have done with it would have been a room clean at some point during our stay, but we were in the habit of taking our room key with us so that may have been the problem. All in all it's excellent value for money if your priorities are location, sleep and showers. Oh, last point- note that the prices on their website aren't inclusive of taxes and you'll need to add on another 18% or so.

• Stayed December 2012