“Sunshine hotel convenient for travellers”

Meenakshi's Sunshine Hotel
Ranked #2 of 44 Madurai B&B and Inns
Rajapalayam
“Sunshine hotel convenient for travellers”
Reviewed November 17, 2011

A convenient location just by the NH road to Chennai-Tirunelveli/Tuticorin. The rooms was quite spacious for a single traveler. Food in particular was good, morning Buffet breakfast is one of the best, the roots of Meenakshi bhavan group of hotels can be identified by the food. The room service was fast and the staff was quite friendly. The conduct a lucky draw with offers of free stay, i did not win though.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Bangalore
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I stayed at Meenakshi's Sunshine hotel with my family (wife and kid, 10 yrs) on two different dates during a South India driving holiday in Oct '11. I got to know of the hotel on the tripadvisor website. On both dates that I stayed I felt this was one of those few hotels with high value for money. The reception was very welcoming, with a welcome drink. I had booked my rooms thru a well known web based booking portal. The hotel staff were very helpful, courteous, and the hotel offered me plenty for the cost I paid. There was a fridge in the room, an instant hot water machine for that tea I needed at random, high class toiletries, a smart airconditioner, high speed Wi-Fi for free, and an LCD TV. Their restaurant operates 24 hrs- can you match that? You can gauge the quality of their service from the fact that your morning complimentary newspaper is delivered in a specially wrapped polythene wrap with your name on a label, and neatly attached to your room door. Their complimentary breakfast was sumptuous to say the least. The staff even helped me fix a puncture in my car tire on one morning- I noticed an embedded nail picked up from my long drive before I reached their hotel.

The only hitch is that the hotel is somewhat far (20 min drive) from the Meenakshi temple that most tourists would want to visit. But the hotel has a free drop service to that place (although we could not avail of this).

I would definitely recommend Meenakshi's Sunshine hotel for families and couples anytime, but I would also suggest that guests have some travel arrangements for their local needs.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Bananthahally V
Gulbarga, India
Reviewed October 14, 2011

i visited Madurai with my family on 3rd October 2011. South Tourism agency booked room for us in this hotel. rooms r ultimate in neatness & cleanlyness. Restuarent is very good & service their is excellant. reception service is poor. the concept of common hall with dining table in between four rooms is very good. we enjoyed 3star rated hotel neatness here. thanks for South Tourism agency for booking the hotel. MR Patil. GULBARGA. KARNATAKA

Room Tip: There is no much differance between suit rooms & standerd rooms.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Thane, India
Reviewed September 13, 2011

I had gone to Madurai for Annual Colo-Rectal Conference from 7-11 Sept. I was to stay in Royal Court, Madurai, but had to drop a friend to Hotel Sunshine on the way.
Went to his room for 30 mts. Changed my mind and stayed there. The next 4 nights were a bliss, Comfortable, good service, fantastic cooling, soft bed, sheets absolutely white, bathroom good. I travel alot, stay in 4 and 5 star hotels, but believe me for the price it beats them all. A great place to stay. Breakfast inclusive and sumptious. Needless to say I would stay again in the same place

Room Tip: As ultimately all of stayed there ( everyone shifted), went to all rooms over 4 floor. All good dra...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Our group of 7 persons stayed here for a few days in July 2011, and we had a very enjoyable stay. As far as accommodations in India go, this was one of the few places I've stayed at that offered a fairly high quality of service for a mid-range rate. Another wing of the hotel was still being developed while we stayed there, and our only complaint was that there weren't any double beds, only queen beds. Otherwise, no complaints here. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Would definitely stay here again :)

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 21, 2011

We stayed during July month with family. To be honest easy identification as it backside to Meenakshi Mission Hospital which is best in madurai. Its 12kms to railway station and 8kms to Meenakshi temple. Always depend on auto. auto rates are too high as its situated outskirt of madurai. Even though hotel provided travel services but too high. Feel early morning freshair as surrounding are open. Hospitality is excellent giving 10/10.. Room rates are same near to railway station or busstand which is similar to 2 and 3*. If you want peace of mind or from noise pollution this one is best. Restaurant rates are not too high but satisfaction guaranteed. I will think twice before I choose as because my travel cost is high where I can choose to stay near to railway station or busstand for the same price. I recommend those who are having own vehicle must choose this hotel.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Chennai
Reviewed July 18, 2011

Rooms are neat and clean - not costly. Value for money. They have a 24 x 7 restaurant inhouse. Close to the bus-stand. Smooth Check-in and Check-out. They take reservations on phone also

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family