“Nice spacious clean room, very good value for money”
Review of TTDC Tamil Nadu II

TTDC Tamil Nadu II
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Madurai
TTDC Tamil Nadu II
Ranked #24 of 54 Hotels in Madurai
Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a one-night stay here. The room was ready and clean when we arrived. The room is very spacious. The bathroom was clean and well maintained. Hot water availability was good. The service staff is courteous. They cater to basic requests promptly, like extra towels, mosquito coil at night. I would like to note one incident, that he came with mosquito coil without the stand and when kept on the ground, the coil extinguishes. So I went downstairs and requested them to give me a stand. Maybe they didn't have a stand to give, so the reception person gave me the coil stand that he was using at the reception. I appreciate this hospitality towards guests. There is ample parking space around the property. There is a brand new elevator. The restaurant downstairs serves a decent south indian meal for very less price, but for some reason, I hardly saw any guests there (Maybe there's too much better choice for food in Madurai).

On the morning of checkout, our cab driver for further-south-trip (that I had remotely booked over the phone 3 weeks prior) cancelled at the last moment citing illness. The lady receptionist was able to arrange a cab promptly within half an hour at almost the same price (with some premium of course). This helped lessen the inconvenience caused by last-minute cancellation of our cab driver.

I wish to note one thing that this hotel is located 4 to 5 kms from the Meenakshi temple/Railway station area. Auto charges 100 bucks one way to the temple. There are ambassador taxi drivers who offer 1-way drop to the temple for 150 bucks, and keep soliciting you when you step out of the hotel. I think the receptionist has their number too.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel to others. This was my first stay at a TTDC hotel and I am impressed.

Tip: If you have a senior citizen travelling with you, try to book the room in his/her name, as TTDC gives 20% senior citizen discount. (I was not aware of that when I booked the hotel)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
9  Thank ftp1234

Reviewed November 19, 2012

A surprise to see a govt property of this standard. Extremely good ambience, very supporting staff, good hospitality. Rooms very neat and clean, large and cosy. Toilets very well maintained. Comparable to any 3 star hotels. I booked it online and was surprised to get a very warm welcome. Meenakshi temple is not very far away. I suggest people to try this hotel instead of flocking to the high rated ones. You get your moneys worth.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
10  Thank kantajassu
Reviewed November 2, 2012

we stayed in this hotel in third week of october,2012. Accommodation in Madurai-II is very good. It is very neat and clean. Ambience is good. Reception is very helpful. I have booked this hotel online from their website. I have gone to see temples and planned to reach the hotel at 12.00 Noon. I have taken permission from the reception to check out at 12.00 noon even though check out time of hotel is 10 AM. But I could reach the hotel at 1.45 PM. ie. 3.45 hours extra time. Madam in the reception has accepted to provided that much grace time.
Before going to TTDC hotels, I had a doubt in my mind ie. whether they maintain NON AC rooms neat or not. My observation after going to TTDC hotels of Madurai and Kanyakumari is that NON AC rooms are also good. One need not spend money unnecessarily for AC rooms in winter season.

Food in the TTDC-II, Madurai is very bad. If one wants to stay in this hotel, he has to find an alternative for food. Your purse will become empty in spite of having the tasteless food. Options for food items are also few in this hotel.
Hotel is not near to railway station or bus stand.
Suggest to stay in this hotel. But for food, you should find an alternative.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank AdvocateVBM
Reviewed August 4, 2012

A surprisingly good government property in Madurai.

We went there as a last resort after not finding other places within budget.

Surprised pleasantly with the large spacious rooms, very clean, good a/c, quiet inspite of being very close to all the bustle.

Close to the Madurai temple - convenient 5 minute auto ride.

The attached canteen has sumptuous food, though service quite below standard.

Hotel staff very courteous and professional.

Good experience.

Room Tip: Take a room with A/C
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
7  Thank Analyse27
Reviewed July 3, 2012

Rooms are very big with additional change room atached to every room. Staffs were very helpful and cooperative.

Good location and rest of the facilities were moderate.

Food quality at the restaurant was average.

Will suggest to stay in this hotel for its location.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank deysubhajit
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I stayed at TTDC unit 2 at Madurai.The hotel is real value for money.the room and bathroom are good size and are clean with clean white laundry.The service was good and we did not face any language problem.The only drawback is the food.the restaurant is like a canteen with no ac,the food is low standard and there is not much choice.The hotel can be much better place if the restaurant is outsourced to a better caterer.

Room Tip: front facing ac room is good and please eat out,.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank kavitab947
Reviewed April 10, 2012

I stayed at TTDC Unit 2 at Madurai.

Better rooms than at Trichy Though smaller.Similar service.It might be better to eat out.
The room rent is Rs.1600/- for a double A/c room which is good value if you are not looking for anything else.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business