All reviews idli cooperative hospitality breakfast location
Selected filters
Reviewed February 24, 2019

As a single white female traveller I was a little cautious on arrival. I asked to change to a first floor room to feel more safe. I was very pleased with 206. Although basic it had a little balcony overlooking the front entrance and a window for natural light - an improvement on my stay at another local hotel! The staff were extremely helpful and reassuring. A little keen on the first morning when they rang my phone and doorbell at 8 am to remind me about breakfast (served 8-10!) I could send my clothes for ironing in the morning and it would return within half an hour for Rs 5. Although I ate the standard idli breakfast they also made me an omelette every day. They were very helpful when my phone wouldn't charge. I decided not to let my room be cleaned while I was out, but they always brought me a fresh towel or anything else I needed. It was fairly quiet as it's on a small street. The staff were always so helpful. I was very happy with my stay and will likely return next year - thank you!

Room tip: I enjoyed my first floor room
Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed May 17, 2018

well we booked this hotel for emergency and still continue to stay. Nice and comfortable , staff is friendly and cooperative. Outskirts of city but all important destinations are easily approachable. Hotel is reasonable and good for budget and comfortable stay.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Aroy22
Reviewed May 14, 2018

I spent 3 very nice days in this hotel
it's located in a quiet place, it's modern, very confortable and clean room, very welcoming and helpful staff, room service is always provide with smile, and in addition i had wonderful breakfasts and super chaï !

Room tip: room number 106 was very quiet and luminous
Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

The hotel though small is comfortable enough. This hotel is new and thus the infrastructure is new and modern. All appliances were functioning well. Hotel tariff is value for money. Location is good with shops, clinics and eateries nearby. Parking facility though limited was sufficient. They changed the bedlinen everyday. Room was cleanest everyday. We requested for the air con to be serviced as we started having sore throat and runny noses on the first few days, They promptly serviced it. Supervisor KOODALINGAM was very helpful throughout our stay. He fullfillied almost all our requests and was patient and understanding with us. Room service Arun is a jovial and helpful person who does almost anything with a smile. All staffs are helpful and approachable. The hotel only needs to improve on its menu. The menu is very basic, poori or pongal and idli. They took off vadai from the menu. Food is cold at 9am. No heaters.

Overall i would strongly recommend this hotel to those not particular about their breakfast.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank raysonray
Reviewed November 2, 2017

I was visiting Madurai as part of a pilgrimage with my parents. My requirement was for a a reasonably priced, tidy place to stay for one night. I'm always apprehensive of hotels I do not know, inspite of online reviews. I'm pleased to report, Royal Elite matched my expectations. The room and bath was clean, there was a working geyser, AC, TV etc. My online booking included complimentary breakfast - which was served from 7.30 AM in a small 14 seater type room. The limited breakfast options served the purpose (Note: This small hotel does not have a restaurant attached). The hotel managers were friendly and offered travel advice. The check in and check out was super smooth. There are Autos from nearby Vadamalayan hospital which can take you to the Meenakshi temple (~ 4 kms away).

Date of stay: October 2017