All reviews service road place to stay parking space clean rooms comfortable stay ambience sofa temple city property auto mr housekeeping amenities hospitality
Selected filters
Reviewed May 7, 2019

The property is clean and has ample parking. Anyone driving from Bangalore or any other southern city will find this hotel to be right located. You should not take your car to the temple as it is difficult to find parking.

The staff helps you to find an auto to reach the temple. The place also has very good restaurant to enjoy good food. The staff was helpful to ensure that your temple visit and stay in Madurai is comfortable.

Reviewed March 10, 2019 via mobile

The hotel is a little bit unsettled and there are no restaurants nearby, so you have to eat dinner at this hotel. If you plan to stay for several days, you might want to consider another hotel in the city center.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2019

I always restrain myself of putting negative reviews but this time I couldn't stop myself so that other people are not the victims of fake publicity of this hotel.
Staying in this hotel is one of the worst experience in my life.
I stayed here from 25th Feb to 25th Feb. I would like to mention few instances which has compelled me to put a negative review for this hotel :-

1. I was travelling with Mom & Dad and wanted a single room with 1 double bed and 1 single bed. I booked this hotel via Makemytrip. While booking the hotel, the pictures of the room were shown as 1 double bed and 1 single bed which is a suite room, however we got a room with 1 double bed and an extra mattress. I checked with the hotel staff and they told me this is what it is. They asked me to check with MMT for the photographs. I told them this is misleading but they didn't do anything.

2. Breakfast was poor except Idlis, Sambar, Vada etc. North Indian food was pathetic including Chana Bhatura ( I had to throw it off after taking 1 bite). On last day of check-out, I asked the lady near the Breakfast Buffet that I dont want to have breakfast rather please pack me few Vada's and they told that they would charges Rs50 for 1 Vada. where in world you will pay Rs 50 for 1 vada and that too when you have already paid for breakfast. Disgusting!

3. On one of the bed-sheets, I spilled some ketchup while having dinner in my room, and the time of the check-out they charged me Rs 900 and on requesting the bill, they didn't gave me the bill.

4. The hotel staff make a lot of money while booking outstation taxis. One day, a guy was booking a taxi and hotel was charging extra so I gave the guy contact number of the taxi operator which I used. On hearing this, the Hotel guy so much agitated, that he started shouting on me and asked the guy that he is cancelling taxi. It was not a good behaviour. Everybody has the right to check prices so that u dont end up paying extra.

5. The hotel is located below a flyover and nobody even knows the location of this hotel even the Taxi, Autos, Swiggy, Zomato Delievery guys. The room I was given was on left side of the hotel which was facing railway track and is not a pleasant view. The room were so compact that you will feel suffocated all the time.

I would never ever stay at this hotel and wouldn't suggest anyone to stay at this pathetic property.

Date of stay: February 2019
1  Thank saurabhgupta87
Reviewed January 30, 2019

We stayed during Dec 1st week of 2018 to visit Madurai Meenakshi Amman temple which is around 1.5kms from this hotel, Very reasonable price , good parking . Hotel is located on service road at the side of a fly-over, We mentioned “Madura College' which is a good local landmark while booking autos. Over all the stay was good, clean and well maintained place.

1  Thank MaheshKrishna
Reviewed January 10, 2019

Sreedevi hotel Madurai
We have stayed in this hotel for 2 days during December 2018 last week. Rooms were neat and clean.
Complimentary breakfast was good. Had variety of food options. Taste was also good.
Evening we ordered the food at the restaurant attached to hotel.
We have ordered soups, starters and main course at one time.
To our surprise whatever we have ordered, they started to cancel one by one saying that is not there, mushroom is not available etc.
They took more than one hour just to serve soups and starters.
It was very difficult to get the main course food. They were telling 5 mins,10 mins etc but did not get even after 1 hour
Kids were hungry and could not get proper food. At last we got the ordered food but that was also not tasty.
Also, they served the food that was different from what we ordered.
Overall the quality of food was not good.
We hired the cab service from hotel for Madurai sight seeing. They were not clearly mentioned about the pricing.
But after we completed the trip they claimed extra money as vehicle rent. This is not good.
They should have clearly informed about this extra vehicle rent before we hire the cab.