“Friendly staff, interesting food, Amazing ambience”
Review of La Belle Vie

La Belle Vie
Ranked #6 of 21 Restaurants in Coonoor
Cuisines: Italian, French
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
singapore
“Friendly staff, interesting food, Amazing ambience”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Love the food here, the pizzas are great, mushroom (and French onion) soup are our favs, and the mushroom dishes are yummy. did not like the lamb chops (chewy), nor the bruschettas.

View is magnificent, and the quaint old building is to die for, wish they could play some nice classical music instead of the indian radio breaking through from the kitchen.

Visited August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Bangalore
“Eat with care”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

The menu looks and sounds exquisite however don't get carried away. We ordered lamb chops which were hard and rubbery. Not worth it at all. Wasted most of it. The chicken was average.

Definitely recommend the pizza's. They seem to excel in that. the right crunch and light.

Ordered an apple pie in which half the pie was missing. We only got slices of baked apple. Very disappointed. Brought it to the notice of the manager who didn't look apologetic at all.

Priced on the higher side, we didn't think the food was worth the money at all.

However, the view from the restaurant is to die for. I guess that made up for the loss of appetite and diappointement

Visited July 2013
Coonoor, India
“Excellent French food!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A French couple who support organic farms in the Nilgiris run this wonderful guest house and the restaurant. So, most of the ingrediants are organic. They serve both vegetarian as well as non-veg dishes. The location of this beautiful place is amazing overlooking a huge valley of tea estates in a very quiet and a peaceful environment in the Upper coonoor.

Visited July 2012
New Delhi, India
“Above Average !!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Place: Extremely Beautiful location. This is one of the sweetest spots in Nilgiris to eat. I recommend lunch even though dinner is as good an idea.
Ambience: Colonial British Bunglow turned into guest house(180 Mciver Villa) and the restaurant in front of the bunglow is La Belle View. The place is a little dull, I would like some music and maybe live band on a few days would be perfect .But its boring as the order takes you about 20 min on average and when no drinks are served here, its really annoying to wait.And can get very boring if you are not in a group.
Food: We ordered Pizza and Forestiere. Pizza was huge and can be alone sufficient for 2 people, very authentic flavours and thin crust makes it taste like we were eating stone oven restaurants of Italy .Forestiere I would say was not totally French , this is my fav cusinie and I have eaten some awesome forestiere all over the world. I wouldnt say it was bad, but for some reason it tasted more like indian chicken curry with mushroom and peas.(makhani style)
The desserts are not listed on the menu and to be honest I'd prefer Cafe coffee day Chocolate cake 1 mile ahead over their desserts.
The cuisines offered are Italian,French,Thai and Indian.
Cost /Value : Being an avid traveller and foodie , I have had meals costing Rs 10 pp to Rs 10000pp , This is certainly a little overpriced for the small city of Coonoor. There is a 10% discount for Army brats, so basically you dont pay the tax.
I would travel again to eat here, for only obvious reason that I am in the vicinity for another 9 months and hence this is one of the best options around.

Tip: If you love Indian Cusines ,I'd say there are more options around, eat here if you are missing other cuisines. And Pizzas here do get 10/10

• Visited June 2013
Chennai (Madras), India
“Go if you are a foreigner or Fauji”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Firstly, I am a staunch Indian foodie and this review may help only my types. My teenage daughter hypes eating at such places and such food but I was disappointed, and so was my son @11. Two French dishes( fish and chicken based), an indian Prawns and Mushroom dish with 2 rotis and a plate of rice was ordered for 4 of us after the soup. Believe me, the French dishes are sufficient only for ppl on diet/ above 80. And each meal costs u 450-500 Rs. Six small pieces of prawns get over with one roti, which is actually an oil dipped papad. Other roti is to be had with gravy. I think the reason why this place has good reviews is there is no alternative for foreigners. And the other esteemed members of my organisation are more bound by the fashion to say that they love this place. Wish I had time to discover a Punjabi dhaba or local restaurant there. I basically had an exquisite accommodation with full time cook at coonoor so went to this place only bcoz of the rating on Tripadvisor and for change. Atmosphere was average; I have travelled and eaten-outside enough.

• Visited June 2013