Recommend this place for following reasons
1) great location, more than 100 acres of their own organic plantation gives you enough space to explore
2) food was great, cook Das not only cooked but gave me cooking lesson for my favorite malai kofta
3) nice hosts, available on request and not too intrusive
4) rooms are beautifully designed and give a rustic feel
5) beautiful bathrooms overlooking dense plantations.. Don't complain of privacy when birds fly gaping at you ;)
Well nothing that I think of... Drive carefully and keep directions handy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Oland Plantation is located on a lush 120 acres of organic tea, coffee, fruit and spice plantation. Coimbatore is 2.5 - 3 hours drive through the Nilgiris. Distance to Ooty is 34kms & Coonoor is 25kms Pickups and transfers from Bangalore City, Bangalore Airport,Coimbatore Airport, Ooty & Coonoor are available. There are 3 houses--Estate house,Pepper house, Hornbill houseEstate house has 2 rooms- The Mosaic & Estate room, Pepper house has 3 rooms- Family, Panorama, Studio, Hornbill house has 2 room- Jackfruit & Waterfall room. Each room is unique and has a different view of the estate. All rooms are eco-friendly. Cable television and DVD are available in most housesOland Plantation has two waterfalls on the estate and a view of the valley below. It offers a combination of eco-friendly accommodation, organic produce, wildlife experience and community activities. The estate is sometimes visited by wildlife like bears, bisons, elephants. Many rare birds can be spotted on the estate itself. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your O'land Plantation Stay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.