“I'd say ......Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!!!”
Review of Acres Wild

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coonoor
Acres Wild
Reviewed July 15, 2010

A stretch of tea plantations turned into a grassland, a unique gourmet treat complemented with perfect surrounds and warm hospitality. Cosy and tastefully done up interiors with custom made wood furniture and combine tucking into Tina's home cooked meals, the delectable cheese prepared professionally from her home kitchen is what Acres Wild is about.

On the farm you see some ducks, hens a dog a few cows grazing and innumerable kinds of birds and butterflies and all this surrounded by lush hills of Coonoor.
My 12 year old son can't stop raving about the play house and his time at the snooker board and the wide range of books and my daughter loved climbing over boulders what she calls 'rock climbing' and......
don't miss the herbal-garlic cheese .....Tina's very own formula.
Can't wait to get back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed July 14, 2010

Amazing place if you would like to chill out and escape the hustle-bustle of daily urban life or if you just want to relax. Wonderful stay in the farm, beautiful comfortable rooms and what I call total 'mahaul'. Sitting out in the veranda, reading your favorite book, sipping tea as it drizzles in the valley...
Food is great and hospitality warm. And for those who would like to learn a thing or two about organic farming, good practices in agriculture, and of course quality cheese, its particularly great.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 10, 2010

On the morning after our first night's stay at Acres Wild I posted the following onto my Facebook status: "nilgiri.hills coonoor.town terrace.fields mist.in.summer evening.drizzle atrium.copperplate.openfire tuscan.wine homemade.fennel.garlic.cheese farmgrown.zucchini.salad august.company(!) anecdotes.with.dinner hay.ripened.mangoes lantern.midnight.walk glowing.lonebison.eyes zzz glorious.bluemountain.sunrise sparrows.vs.caterpillars poha.n.homedairy.butter wife.off.to.cheesemaking.course a.lazy.day.beckons..."

Most of my friends who read this wanted to drop whatever they were doing and join up for the weekend... and that does sum up the experience.

Acres Wild is a venture that has taken fruit after years of the owners' pondering and yearning for a life beyond the concrete maze. It is a working farm - a living, artisanal approach to earth friendliness. The couple of guest cottages are for the fortunate tourist who wishes to nourish his or her soul in the heart of the Nilgiris. And this, far away from the maladies, but hidden quite close to the hillside midtowns of Coonoor and Ooty.

Ideally suited for a long weekend or relaxing week, and located for outbound travel from key cities in Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Kerala states into which one could fly in if coming from other states. Car / taxi recommended since the property is inside an older, larger tea estate and hence not accessible by public transport. Check with the owners in advance for any special needs, they are friendly, down-to-earth, warm hearted, and do whatever they do with passion :-)

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 7, 2010

Acres wild is a very enchanting farmstay close to Coonoor town. Even though it is just 3kms from the bus stand, it is still quite secluded and makes for a very nice quiet stay.

We stayed in one of the rooms in the tea-garden cottage and it was nice to see a fully furnished cottage being available for us. The rooms are clean, tastefully done and have fabulous views of the hills. The kitchen is well stocked up and can be used by the guests. We found there wasn't any need to do so because of the excellent (and yet simple) food cooked by Deepak. There are a few gazebos and the highest one (near the cheese factory) offers splendid views.

We got a lovely tour of the farm and the cheese making process and the people there were very friendly. The host, Mansoor, is a very interesting person to chat with - he has varied interests and is extremely passionate about farming and ensures that the guests have a wonderful time in acres wild.

They do have a separate room with TV and a few games, but we did not even venture in that direction since there were so many other things to do. The cheese tastes wonderful and I ended up bringing a lot of it back home. I'm definitely going to visit this place again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2010

acres wild is a beautiful farmhouse in coonoor straight out of a movie set. the owners mansoor and tina are terrific hosts. they let you have your space and at the same time ensure that you are comfortable. The cottage that we stayed in is tastefully decorated and has two roms with att bathrooms and a living/dining area including a well stocked kitchen. all that you eat is grown on the farm. mansoor was kind enough to show us around and give us a tour of his cheese making facility which was a novel experience. There is a room full of books , pool table and lots of indoor games which the children freaked out on. I am surely going to spend more time during my next visit . we had a lovely stay thanks to the hospitality of the owners.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2010

Hi everyone. Initially i was looking for a place to learn about cheese making and eventually googled out Mansoors' Acres Wild. So i contacted him immediately and expressed my interest in learning cheese making. He said that he was working on the idea and would let me know. Just a few days later he called me back and gave me all the details about his cheese making course. Here i was reaching Acres Wild around midnight not knowing what was installed for me. Though i reached late night, Mansoor stayed up waiting for me and when i got there Mansoor showed me and my friend to our room. The first sight which stays in my head till today is when i woke up early and walked out to the porch, The view...... breathtaking. I stayed there 5 days and learnt everything about cheese making. However, it was their hospitality that stood strong more than everything else. Mr. Mansoor and his family were so nice to be around with, i started feeling like home and family around them. Eventually it turned out to be my best holiday in my life till date and i am very eager to go back there the first chance i get and relive that experience again. The rooms were great with that homely feel, the employees were very friendly ,their food was amazing. I have one thing to say to future guests. This is not a resort of any kind. So please change your mindset when u plan to go there. If you are talking about a lazy and relaxed getaway this is the place for you. Please try to switch off your mobile phones,forget Ur busy life and chill out. I guarantee you this place is a completely different experience. And when you get back, feel a new you . Thanks Mansoor,Tina,Pablo,Zyan and everyone else who made my stay there unforgettable. Will see you soon.

Stayed: March 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank montaut
Reviewed July 2, 2010

We had a great time staying in Acres Wild farm.Mansoor and Tina,the owners of the place, are wonderful people,welcoming us nicely. The view from our cottage was amazing.Our daughter and us enjoyed very much to be in an organic farm,going every day to visit the cows,goats and ducks. When it's cloudy,you can enjoy the playroom also (books,tv,games). Ideal place for a family ! We had great breakfast every morning,with excellent cheese from the Farm. And great trekking around.Transportation to organize (if you come from India ,take your car or bike),otherwise it's 3 km from the bus stand.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coonoor
Sunvalley Homestay
The Gateway Hotel Church Road
Neemrana's - Wallwood Garden
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty
#2 of 94 in Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
O'land Plantation Stay
O'land Plantation Stay
#3 of 38 in Coonoor

Been to Acres Wild? Share your experiences!