“Awesome place!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coonoor
Bison Country - Home Stay
Ranked #4 of 38 Coonoor B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 22, 2012

We had a 2 nights 3 days stay at Bison Country, Coonoor during August 2012 and the memories are still fresh which make us want to go back again. We were lucky there was no rainfall during our stay so soaked ourselves in the sun during the mornings and enjoyed the bonfire at nights. The caretaker, Mr. Kumar was too good. We enjoyed every bit of our stay and the food was also good. My kids didn't want to leave the estate so I convinced them by telling we will come back again. Overall, an unforgettable feel-good experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ranita355
There are newer reviews for Bison Country - Home Stay

Reviewed May 28, 2012

We went on a weekend trip to coonoor and stayed at bison country homestay. The stay was amazing and the food was delicious. The hosts were equally helpful and friendly. The rooms were extremely clean and the whole homestay is in very quiet place. Definitely liked the view and quietness of the place. We explored the Raliah dam and the toda village as the hosts suggested and it marked a perfect day for us.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank PrateekChauhan
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I was planning a bike trip to coonoor with my friends and found this home stay on tripadvisor. I am happy that we chose this option. Having a cup of tea in the balcony facing the lush green hills in the evening breeze is a mesmerizing experience. Landscape has the right mix of both tea plantations and the woods.

It's tastefully built and really well maintained. And add to that the hospitality of Mr. Amardeep (owner).

Last (but no way the least) food is just amazing.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank lazyfunctor
Reviewed February 29, 2012

Hi Reader,
Before I start off with the actual review about Bison Country - Home Stay Coonoor, I would like to tell you how I got to know about this place and a little about myself.

I was planning for a 3day/2night stay somewhere in and around ooty or coonoor. Searching the web I came across this website and started scanning through all the resorts, cottages and hotels and that is how I got to know about Bison Country. Initially I was very skeptical about the comments posted by people, I wondered if these were fake comments from the hotel/resort owners, only after reading through many random comments I was not able to find and pattern and assumed its all real :) So, that is how I got to know Bison Country.

About Me: I am a very lazy guy to write in comments about places, even if i loved it, I will recommend to others through word of mouth but writing is something that needs something very motivating to do... So If I am writing it, I mean every word down here:

To be frank after speaking to Col. Rai and Mrs Ruksana mam (owners of the place) I was still not convinced about the cost Vs Place thing. The pics on the portal too were not good enough to please me. however I decided to go with my wife and 1 year old baby girl :)

About the Place : Once we reached there, we were welcomed by the care take : Mr. Kumar. By the looks he is just as a average care take person, but as we say looks can be deceiving! once I parked my car and get down, I see many ducks, turkeys and hens around, all making noises of their own. Mr Kumar showed me all the diff rooms, we settled with DEN. we stayed for 2 nights as planned. to sum it up:
Food : 5 Starts
Place :5 Starts
Service: 5 Starts
Care Takers : 5 Starts
worth money : 5 Starts

I recommend anyone to go there: Family, Friends, Couples etc...

Room Tip: Den : good for couples Raliah Cottage : Best for 2-3 Horns & Hoofs : Family of 4
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank lifeonpedals
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Bison Country is a very serene and well maintained homestay in coonoor. The owners are very friendly, and helpful. We had excellent company of other guests also from a different cottage in the home stay.
Rooms were very clean, spacious. Good food for breakfast and dinner. Caretaker Kumar and his wife did excellent job in taking care of our needs. We travelled in Dec last week. Also, we stayed there with a 1 year old baby. Before reaching the place, we were worried about baby food but we could get specially cooked good soft and hygiene food for our baby whenever we asked for. Fresh, Warm milk was also given to her at any given point of time (even in the nights). Even on the day of departure, Kumar had prepared lunch for my baby and specially packed it so that I could give her on flight.
We three (I, my husband and my daughter) throughly enjoyed the stay at Bison Country. It was great experience during those cold winter days. Thanks to Bison Country, its owners and Kumar for giving us wonderful experience and making our trip memorable.
-Sitaram Lalitha

Room Tip: Go for separate cottages
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank SituLalli
Reviewed November 21, 2011

Firstly lets be clear - this is not a homestay, its a small inn with a manager and his wife. We were wanting the homestay experience. We arrived at night so didnt get to see the nice garden, lovely views and farm animals until the next morning. We had 2 rooms in the main house, which were furnished very basically, the curtains were dragging down, the security safe didnt work, and the bed defied description. Its built of brick with a concrete top, and finished with a thin foam mattress. In November the weather is cold at night and the cold seeped through from the concrete bed. For the second night we were supplied with a heater for the room which improved the situation a little. The bathroom was not good - luke warm water, dirty floor mats, broken toilet seat and no toilet paper supplied - it was given on request.
Mention must be made of the food - it was basic, but the alarming thing was it was produced from the kitchen and warmed in the microwave oven, not our idea of quality home cooked food.
We had laundry done which was returned unironed - on having it pressed at the next accommodation we discovered all the stains of travel were still there!
We enjoyed the campfire the second night, and reached the conclusion that being accommodated in the cottages may have been a better option - there was no one else staying at the time.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank joywAustralia
Reviewed October 12, 2011

A very well maintained home stay.All the fourteen members of our group were exceptionally happy about the environment,the facilities,the discipline in maintainance and the warmth of mr kumar&co in attending the guests.none of us really never felt the home sickness and we thourghly enjoyed our stay.i think this feeling itself makes the "BIASON"...the best homestay in and around coonoor.i appreciate Col.Rai and Mrs Rai for taking utmost care in making the vistors holiday a most memorable one.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank vakkalankaprakash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coonoor
Tea Nest
Tea Nest
#3 of 12 in Coonoor
Sunvalley Homestay
Sunvalley Homestay
#1 of 12 in Coonoor
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty
#1 of 85 in Ooty (Udhagamandalam)
Hotel Vivek
Hotel Vivek
#9 of 12 in Coonoor
Neemrana's - Wallwood Garden
Kurumba Village Resort
Kurumba Village Resort
#2 of 12 in Coonoor

Been to Bison Country - Home Stay? Share your experiences!