“Cannot be better!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coonoor
Ayurveda Yoga Retreat
London, United Kingdom
“Cannot be better!”
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Having spent several weeks in India including some of the very reputable Ayurveda resorts, I found this place to be the best! It is what real Ayurveda has to offer in all terms.
Not disappointing in any way and would highly recommend it. My overall experience was great, right from being picked up at the airport to me being driven back. Food is just great, prepared fresh daily. After reading and following their self-explanatory terms and conditions stated on their website , I decided on my room , paid deposit and respected their policy of paying the balance - as clearly stated to me beforehand. If I chose to disagree to this policy, I would not have gone there.Diagnosis by Dr Mouli and treatments that followed by the very well experienced staff brought excellent results.
I chose to add some excerpts from another review which sums it all up “If you choose to come to this hospital, come with the mindset of surrender, trust and wonderment. Ask what you can do to assist in your own healing. Do not come out of curiosity and attachment to the outcome. Curiosity will only last a few days and then your judgment and analysis will take over your mind. Attachment and expectations of what you want will also lead to failure. To address the foreigners ( and everybody else ) once again; stop trying to change other people’s/companies polices. Do not visit this place with your judgments and bad behaviour. This is not a resort for shopping and frequenting the restaurants. If you know more than the doctor then don’t come. Why come if you know you are not going to take the doctor and treatment seriously. Better yet, why come and then complain. Have you considered that your mind is in the state it is in because of your lack of awareness? Ayurveda Hospital retreat is a wonderful place for healing and I would definitely return. I hope this review puts awareness on how one should behave at these types of healing places and awareness on 'ones' own behavior.”

Thank you Ayurveda Retreat and keep up the good work!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
9 Thank natalie c

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Chennai (Madras), India
Reviewed July 8, 2014

The good:
The staff are fantastic, the therapists and all the support staff are very hard working and friendly; they are no doubt the heart of the experience.

The food is excellent; absolutely divine. Everyday there is something different and equally fantastic as the day before. Clean, fresh and tasty everyday. Well done Chagan and the boys in the kitchen.

The bad:
The accommodation, more specifically, the 'suite' rooms are a bit below standard. The water doesn't run clean, and the room is very dark and dingy; not sure why there are bars on the windows either. That said, the 'deluxe' rooms (under the villa) and the cottages are quiet acceptable.

The ugly:
A rather distasteful aspect to the experience was the clear and present profit motive. Make no mistake, this is a business and the owners are keen to make a profit. Insistence on paying upfront when you arrive at night after a long international flight is a bit off putting. As is charging your guests 50 cents US to print out one A4 page. Sure it's still cheap compared to Western standards but such things grate a bit with the essence of the Eastern spiritual traditions which are no doubt one of the main motivations for visiting this retreat.

Room Tip: Take a deluxe room or a cottage at the least.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank John S
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

our stay at ayurveda retreat was awesome . there is some magic in the aura of place. It is so refreshing and reviving. The owners of the place , add a touch of spirituality , which is so healing. The aroma of ayurvedic oils is all over the place. It brings you close to nature that is such good escape from the polluted and noisy metro cities. The staff is cheerful and friendly. My two kids also had a good time and were very well taken care. Menu of the day consists of a well balance diet taking into consideration the nutritional aspect also. It is a place to b , if you r looking for serenity and a quality time with family. For me it was a " holiday well spent"

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Chand T
Bethesda, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I had a fantastic stay at the Ayurveda Retreat, as part of a group. The setting was exquisite, the food was beyond excellent, and the therapists were outstanding.

I was seriously impressed with Dr Mouli's expertise and spot-on analysis of my needs, and the results to my health have been life-changing.

I would recommend this retreat to anyone who wants to make a difference to their health, and see almost miraculous results due to the science of Ayurveda.

Thank you to the Ayurveda retreat team who took care of all of our needs in such a kind and professional way. I will definitely be visiting again.

Room Tip: In an Ayurvedia centre you definitely need your own room... you need space when going through the tr...
4 Thank Chris B
Marktheidenfeld, Germany
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This year is the 4th time in a row where I am spending each year two weeks in this great place to recharge my batteries and stay energetic for the rest of the year. Its a wonderfull nature place with great people running this place...a microcosmos of intercultural people getting there to practice Yoga, get Ayurvedic treatments and relax.

For those who search for a luxurary & fancy place...you are wrong here but all those who search silence to recover get healthy and enjoy....this is the place to be.

Tobias Z.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Tobias Z
The Hague, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 23, 2014

Whatever I had expected and hoped for, it was either fulfilled or topped on this health retreat. From the moment we were picked up at Coimbatore airport until I left I was looked after and cared for every step of the way. Dr Mouli is brilliant and his pulse diagnosis on the first morning was a bit of a 'reality check' for me on my health but because of his prescriptions and the treatments - I left knowing that he had averted a potential serious issue which was just around the corner. Coronary 'activity'. To say I'm grateful for that is an understatement. I loved my room! Every morning I sat in front of my open door and waited for sunrise. To meditate whilst being bathed by the first rays of the sun as it comes over the mountains is a dream.... The air was clear and pure as it is up in the mountains. Perfect climate for healing. The yoga class by Ramesh was great. He had so many modifications for each posture to cater for new yogis and the experienced and I always felt I achieved my personal best. That's the skill of the teacher. Breakfast? What can I say! The meals were stunning! And, I still lost the 3 stubborn kilos naturally, simply through the natural lifestyle.
Massages were healing on a deep level, nurturing and relaxing and all the therapists were very professional. The owners, Rekha and Kantilal were the perfect hosts. They met us from the car as we arrived and we were welcomed into the centre in the richness of their custom. The moment they welcomed us in this way I knew body, heart, mind and soul were in for a treat. I was not disappointed. Every question, every request was taken care of immediately and I felt they went out of their way several times to make things happen for us. Whilst booking I liaised with Vandana who bent over backwards to accommodate our groups wishes.
I can only highly recommend the Ayurveda Retreat Hospital to all. Oh, one other thing, I'm a stickler for good, clean, clear water and carry a quality water filter everywhere I go. I was assured the water was pure, coming from the mountain springs. Nevertheless, I went prepared, but my filter never came out of the box. Excellent. Thank you to all

Room Tip: Top of the hill facing east. Excellent views
6 Thank Savitri108
Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My experience at the Ayurvedic Hospital in Coonoor has been life changing. I had already been making some small but effective changes in my life in terms of diet and life style and this proved to be an appropriate preparation to the 24 day Panchakarma treatment I had booked for. As soon as we arrived (be ready for a stomach churning taxi drive up the mountain - once arrived, the spacious mountains with tea plantations around are beautiful with some nice routes to walk around), we were straight in with a massage and the initial consultation with Dr. Mouli. The care and experience of Dr. Mouli and his team, all the masseurs (can only speak for the lady ones), the cooks, the cleaners, and the yoga/meditation teachers was fantastic all the way through. Rekha and Kantilal, the two owners, keep a profound sense of service and spirituality alive that supports all the healing work at the hospital. All participants - independent of whether they are there to study Ayurveda or whether they are undergoing treatment - are invited to have meals together, this brought a natural exchange of friendship and support which I felt is a gift that the centre offers which is a USP you may not find in other places and I felt is a big part of the healing experience. I fondly remember all the people I met there and thank the staff for your excellent services and care - you are amazing! I underwent the panchakarma treatment in November last year and I've felt more balanced and equanimous in body, heart and mind, ever since and it's been a worthwhile trip.

4 Thank Petra24108
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coonoor
Sunvalley Homestay
Orchid Square Boutique Hotel
Neemrana's - Wallwood Garden
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty
Accord Highland Hotel Ooty
#1 of 83 in Ooty (Udhagamandalam)

Been to Ayurveda Yoga Retreat? Share your experiences!