“It does a job for those on a budget but very average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Park Inn

Park Inn
and 1 more site!
Park Inn
Ranked #41 of 91 Hotels in Coimbatore
London, United Kingdom
“It does a job for those on a budget but very average.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2014

Stayed here with friends to have a guys night and watch the football together in the early hours. Booked out two rooms but had to upgrade which is a good idea here if you can.

THE WELCOME: Upon on arrival the check-in was smooth and the staff were courteous and welcoming which always good. The lobby is also quite surprising nice, nothing special but has a nice feeling about it. Small but clean and bright.

ROOM: We went to our room and the rest of the hotel, the corridors etc. are a little dingy, nothing terrible but not so classy looking. But for the budget, you have to expect that in India. The Room itself is quite small but clean. Decent beds but oddly the headboard is not attached to the bed but on the wall meaning when leaning on the wall, the bed can move forward. No sense in that.in my opinion and annoying. Looks fine and mostly all in order with the bathroom relatively clean. Just can see one sloppy workmanship here and there. The only thing is there is no fridge so the amenities are missing therefore its a very basic room. For us we needed this and asked for an upgrade. Also the AC is quite powerful if you like that kind of thing.

UPGRADING: When we enquired about the fridge they mentioned it was in the upgraded room and they offered us a deal for the room so the whole process of upgrading was very easy and very smooth. We had an attendant come and show us the room and then left us the keys for us to move.

UPGRADED ROOM: IS definitely better and for me, this size is a regular size. It has the fridge and extra sofa type thing. Its not big just bigger that the other room. It has the fridge and I remember the TV was a bit bigger too which was a plus for us.

THE LOCATION: is relatively close to the train station area but in terms of Coimbatore that's not the best place to stay. If you're travelling I guess it quite handy as the bus station isn;t too far either but nothing really in this area therefore you'll need a rickshaw or taxi to get somewhere.

OVERALL: Definitely a budget hotel but not somewhere I would stay to relax. Overall it is decent and clean so if its just a place to sleep you need then it'l do and value for money. At the same time, I didn't eat there and nor would I as for me its not somewhere I would trust the food. you get that vibe.

Room Tip: I think worth going for the upgrade as that is a normal size room. If that doesn't bother you th...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank SubhanNair

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I had to stop at Coimbatore on my way to munnar for overnight and I booked it through yatra. It was a nice hotel centrally located, rooms were nice and spacious. The staff were very courteous, food was fine. bath room was neat ad Tv was functional. We stayed with family and it was overall fine would recommend for anybody staying with family

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tips4KL
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

Stayed here recently (5th October). I had driven to Coimbatore from Bangalore to run the VCHM. Booking was easy (just called them on the phone and blocked). Location was a little dingy. Though it is bang opp the Railway Stn, the hotel is in a narrow alley with lots of wine shops, eateries and bars.. so expect this to be congested. The staff were very helpful and efficient. Food was average. Because of the proximity to the station, throughout the night, one could hear the announcements, which impacted the sleep quality. Parking is pretty difficult to access (and only 3-4 slots available). The hotel was also going through some renovation, hopefully for good. Overall, I would not go here again, for the location and noise.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandeep S
New Delhi, India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for one night on June 19th 2013. The Hotel is clean, very easily to locate, rooms were okay and breakfast buffet was normal. The negatives of the stay however outweighed the positives.

I was arriving by an flight from Delhi, my colleague from Chennai was arriving via overnight train from Chennai. My arrival was slated fro 11;30 am while my colleague arrived at 5:30 am on 19th June.

Issue 1 : - We had specified Double occupancy with 2 separate cots. The hotel had confirmed that this would be available post 10am. On my arrival I was told that this would be made available at 4pm. Since we were traveling for work, we refreshed ourselves in a normal double room and stepped out for work. We were surprised when we were told on our return that Double occupancy was not available. Having no choice we stayed in the same room. The hotel staff did offer a double occupancy at night but by this time we were beyond caring and we decided to stay put as it would have meant packing our stuff again

Issue 2 - This was the most unpleasant experience. Checking our at 9:15 am the next morning, the hotel billed us for 2 days. When questioned the front desk simply replied that my colleague had checked in at 5:30 am the previous morning hence the 2 day billing. I'm a frequent business traveller and never come across a billing system like this. The hotel normally accommodates an early arrival till their check in time. No amount of discussion helped, one would have expected them to show some customer orientation since they hadn't given the double occupancy as promised. The icing on the cake was that the 1st day was billed as per double occupancy, even by their argument they should have billed as per single occupancy since my colleague had checked in earlier.

My suggestion would be to stay in a similar hotel called "Legends Inn" within walking distance of Park inn at a similar price

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Coimbatore hotels

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Park Inn is an affordable and decent place of stay very close to Coimbatore station. They have a complimentary breakfast buffet which is beyond excellent! Although lunch and dinner services need a significant improvement as food was just barely eatable. The rooms are spacious and have TV and AC. Beds are clean and comfy. Although our room wasnt cleaned thoroughly when we 1st entered. Bathrooms are big and clean too. Staff should be more polite and should speed up their services. There were instances when we had to remind them more than once to do their work. All in all a satisfactory experience.

Hubli
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by the Park Inn. I was not expecting anything too amazing when I checked in, but the rooms are very comfortable, and the bathroom also boasts a large glass shower + a tub..That was nice and Valuable Price.
I got to stay here while attending a collegue's marriage party. it was makes me feel good and my guest's also treated as well at the hotel .A great thank you to all staff and they were really nice, helpful and polite.Only thing i felt ,for girls was little uncomfortable for check in..I loved it and I will return soon..

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Chennai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 18, 2013

Too pricey for the small size of rooms. I have stayed here 15 years back and the hotel has not changed or improved at all. The rooms have become pricey because of its proximity to the railway station.
The street is a very narrow dark street and not advisible for families if you are particular about the surrounding areas/locality. if you move to other parts of Coimbatore, you will get better hotels for the same price but if you are looking for hotels near the station, then this is a good one of the lot.

Room Tip: The suites are little bigger but its not very functional. they have two rooms but it does give any f...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family