“Comfortable Stay”

Ranked #4 of 92 Hotels in Coimbatore
Navi Mumbai (New Mumbai), Maharashtra, India
“Comfortable Stay”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

The stay was comfortable. I was very much happy with the welcome I got. I was escorted directly to my room..no stopping at the reception for check in formalities.
Room was neat and tidy. All accessories were in place.Buffet Breakfast was good...food quality was excellent.
Two negative points:
1. The minibar list in the room had many items, but when opened the refriferator, it had only one chocolate bar.
2. After booking the room, I had sent mail enquiring for a pickup from airport. My mail was not responded to for atleast 9 hours. Then I called up teh hotel to check for pickup, I was put on hold for 10 minutes, and was told that the reservation person is not available. They promised that I would get a call. I got a call immediately...but I had not expected this kind of delay and unresponsiveness from Taj group of Hotels.

Room Tip: Just stayed once, so cannot comment on room location
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bhush_y2k

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed September 14, 2012

specialty Chinese fine dine in Coimbatore, food is great, one of the best tasting Chinese restaurants around, the dishes are very mellow and linger in the taste buds for a while, ambiance is class apart, service is excellent, desserts are exotic, try the chocolate spring roll...savouring the taste...must visit restaurant in Coimbatore...

Room Tip: visited the restaurant, take the corner tables
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank jaggu916
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I have decided to start my own 'Taj Trails', which is staying at least 1 night in all Taj Hotels across India. They are that good. I reached Taj Surya, after a not so long drive from Munnar.

The check-in process was smoother than ever. A front desk office, Ms. Shalini was waiting for us, and escorted us directly to our room. We stayed in the Deluxe Delight Room which is by the pool on the 2nd floor. The room was very tastefully done up, and my wife, an artist & designer, had a lot of good things to say about the various elements in the room.

The food was regular Taj food, not as good as in Pune though, I still miss the Keema Pavs there...

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SomilMittal
Rickmansworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had an overnight stop over here during a business trip. Whilst this hotel is very nice, there is something missing from the architecture or ambiance which otherwise make one feel at home. Perhaps it was the restaurants right next to reception with the only other exit being the lift to the rooms. I was on the 5th floor facing away from the race course so I did not get the benefit of that view. The a/c worked so well that I had to turn it off. The room was a bit small for my liking but there was an HDMI TV input for my smart phone. I was none to fond of having to pay for internet considering the hotel bill. A nice hotel, but I think I will keep looking for the perfect stop over in Coimbatore

Room Tip: I should have made a point of asking for a room racing the face course. The view in the opposite dir...
1 Thank Tim J
Reviewed September 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night with my family. The welcome was very good with hotel staff even presenting a surprise for my 1.5 years kid. That was really awesome. Then the staff went ahead in explaining the hotel which was nice. Only problem service had was in the morning where I believe the staff was having trouble in looking after the guests. But room was excellent with pool view and special mention for the bar which was stunning. Rates were on higher side considering the city and the availability even though i got weekend package. Overall a nice experience.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank anki607
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed August 29, 2012

I stayed for a night, which I consider as most comfortable. Wonderful and efficient reception formalities. Nice room with all usual facilities at a reasonable price. Staff at all level very helpful, friendly and professional. Breakfast was excellent in all respect and Restaurant services were made it more enjoyable.

1 Thank Tataria
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Booked this online, got a nonsmoker room, being centrally located, its easy to reach, It had a lot of feel good factor, fantastic pool, gym and spa. most friendly srevice, kitchen and drinks menu has to catch up with the rest of the world, I have compliments only. Plus 20% off on food and beverage!

Room Tip: choose one with a pool view. other side has distant nilgris in hte backdrop. Fine by me, any room d...
2 Thank raj_benedict