“Need consistant internet service”

Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur
Ranked #11 of 104 Hotels in Coimbatore
Reviewed September 15, 2012

This hotel is striving for improvement and perfect for business or any type of stay. Adding a bar actually adds more life to this hotel.

I hope the internet service is more consistant. I have emergency to get online but to no avai.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

Reviewed September 14, 2012

Property tastefully done, every single aspect done with finess and aethetic sense. A global benchmark right in heart of coimbatore. Great place to say. Like they say its the soul that gives body the life, extremly discourteous, inefficient and rude staff play spoilsport to the whole experience and you walk out disgrunted and uphappy. Even when you escalate you ony get a sarcastic grin rather than a apologetic response or a quick course correction which any low level budget hotel been doing thse days amidst competition. Aloft could fall flat of they rest on the marvel theeve built, their attitude will determine their altitude... Need to live upto its name and someone needs to crack the whip sooner.

Room Tip: Remember to be assertive while demanding for service right from entry to exit. Overexpectations may...

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Aloft Coimbatore is relatively a new property and offers virtually all amenities to meet their domestic and international traveller. A big hotel with quite big rooms and Washrooms. Enjoyed a nice sleep.

However, some detailing was missing like a bad Cable Viewing quality which could have been relaced by a DTH. The Sofa below the TV is virtually of no use as you may not be able to sit on that else you hit the TV. The walls too showed some signs of ageging and they were having dirty patches.

Great Food and a great spread on the buffet.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2012

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have stayed at the Aloft twice, once in Jan and recently in Sep and on both counts, the experience was good. Booked Aloft Go Go offer which provided complimentary airport pick up and drop. Rooms are well appointed and have character with the use of colours, in line with the Aloft theme worldwide. Wifi works seamlessly and food at the breakfast and Estia is good. Was pleasantly surprised at the good quality Mediterranean food at Coimbatore. Definitely will recommend and will come back, given proximity to airport and the price / quality.

Only grievance is, on both counts, I was given rooms which are located extremely far from the lift, though most of the rooms closer to the lift are empty.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2012

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed in Aloft, Coimbatore on Business visit, very good entrant to Coimbatore..!! I loved the place, facilities, service, food, ambiance, people & everything..!!

Hotel is very near to Airport, hardly it will take 10 mins to reach Airport from here & not too far from the main city as well (about 5-6 kms).

In general, SPG is proving that they are the best in this category.

I have few points for improvement...

Guys in Restaurant needs some training, they forget the orders some times.

Also it took me almost 20 mins for me to check in to the Hotel. There were many guests waiting, but only one executive was there to take up the job.

In general very nice Hotel & would love to stay again @ Aloft, Cbe.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 4, 2012

I visited Coimbatore for a business trip last week.The place itself is charming and vibrant. You might be on a business trip but the moment you step in it would cheer you up. Starting from lobby area to room itself was very colourful and the interior in the room was superb. The hotel was very conveniently located near airport. It is just around 10 minutes drive from airport. It could have been 5 out of 5 except for following:

1) Food at Estia was far from expected. I ordered Risotto and it took 35 minutes to get my food delivered. Risotto was quite blend and dry. I ordered drink, but even after 25 minutes drink was not served. Eventually, I had to cancel the drink since I was through with my dinner.
2) I asked about the swimming pool to the front office staff. First they informed that it is on the 2nd floor. I couldn't find the pool on 2nd floor. After that they informed that it is on 3rd floor. Till now, I do not know if they actually have the swimming pool.
3) There are no directions to guide towards swimming pool, gymnasium, restaurants etc.

Pros:
1) As mentioned, the ambience is exquisite.
2) The location is very convenient and near to the airport.
3) Gymnasium and other aminities are fantastic.
4) The ambience in the pub wxyz was quite good and the staff in the pub was also quite cheerful and helpful.
5) breakfast was not fantastic, but it was well spread and above average (taste wise)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Reviewed September 3, 2012

We're a couple from England and came over for a friends wedding, we booked four nights at Aloft and it has been money well spent. The service is second to none and the facilities are great: outdoor swimming pool, snooker table, bar, Indian buffet restaurant and tapas restaurant on site. The food was delicious but I particularly loved the cocktails made by Mohan - you must try his mojitos! Overall a very pleasant experience and would recommend anyone staying in Coimbatore

• Stayed: September 2012
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2012

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.