“Good Option at Coimbatore......” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur

Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur
Ranked #6 of 91 Hotels in Coimbatore
New Delhi, India
“Good Option at Coimbatore......”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Aloft Coimbatore is relatively a new property and offers virtually all amenities to meet their domestic and international traveller. A big hotel with quite big rooms and Washrooms. Enjoyed a nice sleep.

However, some detailing was missing like a bad Cable Viewing quality which could have been relaced by a DTH. The Sofa below the TV is virtually of no use as you may not be able to sit on that else you hit the TV. The walls too showed some signs of ageging and they were having dirty patches.

Great Food and a great spread on the buffet.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

HP: 9710916663

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2012

Have stayed at the Aloft twice, once in Jan and recently in Sep and on both counts, the experience was good. Booked Aloft Go Go offer which provided complimentary airport pick up and drop. Rooms are well appointed and have character with the use of colours, in line with the Aloft theme worldwide. Wifi works seamlessly and food at the breakfast and Estia is good. Was pleasantly surprised at the good quality Mediterranean food at Coimbatore. Definitely will recommend and will come back, given proximity to airport and the price / quality.

Only grievance is, on both counts, I was given rooms which are located extremely far from the lift, though most of the rooms closer to the lift are empty.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Bangalore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed in Aloft, Coimbatore on Business visit, very good entrant to Coimbatore..!! I loved the place, facilities, service, food, ambiance, people & everything..!!

Hotel is very near to Airport, hardly it will take 10 mins to reach Airport from here & not too far from the main city as well (about 5-6 kms).

In general, SPG is proving that they are the best in this category.

I have few points for improvement...

Guys in Restaurant needs some training, they forget the orders some times.

Also it took me almost 20 mins for me to check in to the Hotel. There were many guests waiting, but only one executive was there to take up the job.

In general very nice Hotel & would love to stay again @ Aloft, Cbe.

Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I visited Coimbatore for a business trip last week.The place itself is charming and vibrant. You might be on a business trip but the moment you step in it would cheer you up. Starting from lobby area to room itself was very colourful and the interior in the room was superb. The hotel was very conveniently located near airport. It is just around 10 minutes drive from airport. It could have been 5 out of 5 except for following:

1) Food at Estia was far from expected. I ordered Risotto and it took 35 minutes to get my food delivered. Risotto was quite blend and dry. I ordered drink, but even after 25 minutes drink was not served. Eventually, I had to cancel the drink since I was through with my dinner.
2) I asked about the swimming pool to the front office staff. First they informed that it is on the 2nd floor. I couldn't find the pool on 2nd floor. After that they informed that it is on 3rd floor. Till now, I do not know if they actually have the swimming pool.
3) There are no directions to guide towards swimming pool, gymnasium, restaurants etc.

Pros:
1) As mentioned, the ambience is exquisite.
2) The location is very convenient and near to the airport.
3) Gymnasium and other aminities are fantastic.
4) The ambience in the pub wxyz was quite good and the staff in the pub was also quite cheerful and helpful.
5) breakfast was not fantastic, but it was well spread and above average (taste wise)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this review, September 7, 2012

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

We're a couple from England and came over for a friends wedding, we booked four nights at Aloft and it has been money well spent. The service is second to none and the facilities are great: outdoor swimming pool, snooker table, bar, Indian buffet restaurant and tapas restaurant on site. The food was delicious but I particularly loved the cocktails made by Mohan - you must try his mojitos! Overall a very pleasant experience and would recommend anyone staying in Coimbatore

• Stayed September 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear Guest ,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

I stayed in Aloft – Coimbatore during my last weeks business visit. The location and amenities are good. But the food and its restaurant services is not upto mark. The reception and other staff would always be absent from their place. The way the hotel and its ambiance built is world class

• 2 of 5 bubbles
SapnilKalkar, General Manager at Aloft Coimbatore Singanallur, responded to this review, September 2, 2012

Mumbai (Bombay), India
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

ive stayed at the Alof several times since it opened 7/8 months ago. It was amongst the best hotels offered at a decent price in Coimbatore and all my previous stays were very comfortable. However my last stay at the Aloft between 27th and 28th August was probably the worst that ive had at any chain hotels that ive experienced before. At the time of checking in, my check in took about 25 minutes, the reason- the hotel's reservation system was down. it dont stop at that, the front office staff had to escort me to my room for the room access system was also down. furthermore, the Internet system as rightly guessed, was also down. i was told that the whole IT system had been bad for the past 2 days...and it hadnt yet recovered untill i had left.
In the morn, the breakfast spread which used to be very ellaborate was now scaled down. very few items on the buffet and the signs of 'cutting down' were vividly visible.
The mgt at Aloft has to get thier act together to now to ensure that they regain thier lost glory. im sure you guys can do it.