$74
$97
$79
  • Pool
Savings alert! 18% below average rates

The price you found is 18% lower than this hotel's average rate of $96/night.

$53
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $44/night.

$26
$25
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $34/night.

Grand Plaza(Coimbatore)
$31
Dvara(Coimbatore)
$71
Agoda.com
All reviewsvalue for moneyironing boardswimming poolroom servicefood qualityclose to the airportfront officebusiness tripget togetherbreakfast buffetbanquet hallcomfortable hotelnice experiencein room diningnight staycomfortable stayspecial mention
Reviewed July 4, 2012

I made a short trip and stayed overnight. Had just called from the Airport and made a booking. Not only the front office staff but also the entire staff team displayed high levels of hospitality. Would definitely stay again when I visit Coimbatore.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Karthik ,

Thank you for the positive feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

We hope to see you soon when your travel brings you to our area.

Best Regards

SAPNIL KALKAR
GENERAL MANAGER
HP: 9710916663

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The reception area was well decorated and pleasing to the eye. The check-in process was fairly smooth, though they had a couple of staff who were very new and didn't know everything about the check-in process.

The room was excellently decorated, neat and very comfortable. There are many small touches which lead to customer delight, such as a fold-away ironing board and an extended toiletries collection.

The food in the restaurant was also delicious, but I felt it was priced a tad too high for a place like Coimbatore. A meal for one would set you back about Rs. 5-600. At the time of my visit (February 2012) the hotel did not have an alcohol license.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay there again during my next visit to Coimbatore!

Room Tip: if there are two people who are not a couple, select the room with single beds as even the single beds are huge.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Dear Guest ,

Thank you for the feedback on Trip Advisor. I will certainly convey your sentiments to the team, who will be enthused to meet and exceed your expectations, every time you stay with us.

I have made note of the candid feedback that you have given and would like to assure you that necessary corrections would be brought in, from our end.

We hope to see you soon when your travel brings you to our area.

Best Regards

SAPNIL KALKAR
GENERAL MANAGER
HP: 9710916663

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Located ideally, near the airport so you can reach conveniently..bar license is a problem since they are yet to find ways to mean that..friendly service and helpful staff..good breakfast buffett

rooms are well maintained and clean

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Khosla_abhishek
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My overall experience from check in to check out was horrible. When I arrived in my car, no body to open doors / assist with luggage although there were 2 staff by the entrance. Only after coming out and they saw us taking out our own luggage did somebody bother to help us. Check in - had to wait about 10-15 minutes before being attended to as there was one Front Desk Clerk and there was a family of about 7 people checking in (horrible planning of manpower). Nobody asked me for my photo ID during check in - which is a bit disturbing - can any body walk in and get my key? Finally was attended to and given a room after being made to wait for about 10 minutes. We had to find our own way up to the room.

Inside the room, it has a great design - typical of what you can expect from an Aloft. Nothing overly lavish but everything you need is there. Only complaint was cleanliness - carpet had not been properly vacuumed. We had lunch at the restaurant - food was okay - nothing to get excited about, but service is terrible. Once we entered the restaurant - we had to find our own table (no greeting, etc), and argue with the waiter about getting an a la carte menu as he was pushing us to go for the buffet. Finally he gave us the menu. There was about 6-7 staff roaming about the restaurant pretending to be busy but could tell they were all clueless.

Called for a bottle of water in the morning at 6:30 a.m. It did not arrive until 7 a.m. - had to call twice to receive it. Breakfast was slightly better than previous day lunch. This time we were served by a lady (don't know her name) - she was great, very helpful and had a beautiful smile. Breakfast spread is decent - again nothing extravagant but acceptable for an Aloft Hotel.

Worst experience of all was check out. Again, as I was walking down I brought all my luggage with me and my 60 year old mother, and no one to assist with luggage although there were staff roaming around the lobby. I was in a rush so quickly signed the bill and charged to card. Only after getting in the car and driving for about a KM did I study the bill and realize an error in the calculation of taxes. This is similar to a review posted by a previous guest right here on trip advisor. My room rate was Rs. 3700 and they charged compulsory Government Taxes of 12.5% and service charge of about 7%. This is charged at every hotel worldwide, but the amount of tax charged on my rate was more than what appeared on the bill so we drove back to the hotel to clarify.

The rude and righteous receptionist explained to me that taxes are charged by the state law on the rooms rack rate (which was about double of my room rate) and not on the rate the guest paid. This is the first time I'm hearing of this. I explained to him that in my confirmation email it never stated that taxes are on the rack rate - all it mentioned was there would be taxes of 12.5% and a service charge and hence since i was not informed before to check in nor was i informed during check in, they cannot charge me. He refused to reverse the charges so spoke with their manager - Mr. Madhu (F&B Manager). Mr. Madhu was great - he chose his words carefully when speaking with me and was very polite and apologetic and assured they would look into it for the future. He reversed the charges immediately. I thought I was done and although I had a bad experience I thought I'd drop it and move on with my life because he was nice and executed service recovery well.

However, today morning (24 hours after check out) - I received a call from their Front Office Manager. He started the conversation by asking me to forward him my confirmation email from Starwood - I interpreted that as he believed that I was lying and wanted to charge me again the difference that was already refunded by Mr. Madhu. I told him if he wanted to see what their confirmation email looks like, he could make a dummy booking and have the email sent to him if he was so curious to see what it says. Only after I told him I'll post a review on Trip advisor did he have a change of heart and say that was not what he meant, etc and suddenly he became apologetic out of fear. I was so aggravated and furious that I decided to post this review.

Overall, rooms are not bad, but don't expect exceptional service and be prepared to pay higher taxes than whats communicated to you. If I had a choice again, I'd probably stay at the Taj or Le Meridien next time. Happy traveling!

Room Tip: Twin Bed Rooms are Great - they're not the conventional twin beds but rather somewhere in between Queen / King
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank MSPE2018
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were planning our wedding anniversary dinner, when i called Mr. Saurabh Mathur, he was more than glad to assist us with all enthusiasm, surprisingly it was his last day at Aloft, great commitment. He handed over the small little event planning to Mr. Madhu, the FBM, who delighted us greatly by pre-arranging a menu so there is'nt any delay in ordering, he received us at the entrance with a bouquet, his team had prepared a corner room in Estia with candle light and a cake followed and the chief chef interacted with us;
This is not the kind of experience that one gets in a normal fine dine resto in Coimabtore; this was 5 star treatment, the kind you get in Mumbai or Delhi, thorough pampering and great Mediterranean food, truly authentic, served with the most hospitable team in town. We were spell bound, there aren't many specialty restaurants in Coimbatore, Estia is truly worth the try & make sure you leave the choice to Mr. Madhu, who wil assist you in choosing the best platter, and the chef Mr. Balaji will dish out piping hot delicacies.
We were spell bound and still savoring the wonderful moments created by Aloft's team.
Mr. Madhu & team take a bow, great stuff!

Room Tip: restaurants are great, try Estia
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple