“one of my worst experiences!!”
Review of Alapenos - CLOSED

Alapenos
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, International
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating
College Station, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“one of my worst experiences!!”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

me and my wife visited alapenos on christmas day 2012; we were planning to have ala carte menu; but the lady in the front asked us to go for buffet lunch; it costed us 450 RS per head; there were almost 30-40 items ; almost nothing was good; all were fully spiced up and no taste; to make things worse they were all cold; they did not even bother to keep it hot enough; but when when a big group of people walked in; they started heating the food to our dismay; naan breads were all thick and hard; i will never ever go to this restaurant again!!

• Visited December 2012

Coimbatore, India
“terrible”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

we just orderd two starters and the taste was terrible here.very very spicy and the taste was also worst.we just ran away without ordering any main course.its too costly and the food is not at all worthy.

Visited February 2013
coimbatore
“Alapenos - never visit”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Hi, First I wanted to clarify - I don't own / work for any other restaurant :). Just I wanted to share my experience with Alapenos.
- Worst ambiance
- worst food taste
- very costly - Every chicken item around 200 Rs which is not worthy
I have visited Alapenos on 15 March 13 with 7 friends. We were placed @ where Air conditioner was not working.
Next we have ordered for kozhi saaru - Country Chicken soup. It was so horrible as equivalent to hot water with no taste. We have asked the bearer even to taste and he agreed and given another alternate - some cho soup. It was so spicy with raw masala. Next we moved to starter and we ordered some chicken variety which costs around 180 Rs. When we received the item we were shocked to see only 6 small pieces of chicken. Similar way we have received another set of chicken. Then we moved to main course - Briyani which was again another horrible.
The final decision arrived - Not worthy to visit or even think of it

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank prabhumsundar
Coimbatore, India
“If you are looking for something different to eat, try this restaurant”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Nice little restaurant specialises all types of dishes including cretin ad, Thai, Chinese, North Indian, etc. Angori Kababs and Nellore chicken with curd rice are mouth watering. The quantity is less and little bit pricy. They have ballet parking so need not worry about parking on this busy road. Worth visiting once in a while. Always check the bill before paying. Frequently they are making mistakes.

• Visited February 2013
Bengaluru, India
“Not Worth it...”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Visited Alapenos for the first time after reading reviews in TripAdvisor. Ordered the following items

1. Chettinad kalan varuval - was shocked that it had just 12 pieces (6 mushrooms cut in to half) and it costs Rs 100+

2. Panner pattani masala - Had to search for panner pieces in the gravy.

3. Brownie with hot chocolate fudge - The worst brownie I ever had...it was stale and was sour in taste.

The only saving grace was good service and ambience. I don't think I will revisit this restaurant again.

• Visited February 2013