“Really pleasant stay, good for a business trip to tirapur”

Le Meridien Coimbatore
Ranked #9 of 96 Hotels in Coimbatore
London, United Kingdom
“Really pleasant stay, good for a business trip to tirapur”
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights on a business trip. Nice hotel, good size rooms and very peaceful nights rest! The hotel is located near to the airport and within reasonable reach to tirapur. The hotel was possible lacking a little bit of character, but hadn't been open long when I visited. The food was good, lots of choice, overall I enjoyed my stay

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
LeMeridien_CBE, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Coimbatore, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Mr. Hutchinson,

We are glad that you had chosen our hotel for your business stay and found our accommodation, ambience satisfying. We regret for the inconvenience caused to you and assure you it will never happen again. Since our focus is on guest oriented delightment and satisfaction we have trained our associates on their lacking skills and building their potential on hospitality to serve guests like you.

We will be pleased to see you on your next visit here and thanks for sparing your time to give us your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Jammu
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Good hotel. Clean and modern rooms and an excellent bath room. Excellent room amminities. Clean rooms good but slow service. Went there for a conference and the hotel was full so service was bound to be slow. APICON( annual conference of Asson. of Physicians of India) has this effect at all prominant hotels without exception. Snacks during the party finished in 15 minutes flat and replacement where not seen to arrive (if ever they did again) perhaps APICON effect but not expected at the Merridian. The only exception was PATNA conference where food or snacks never finished. Other hotel services where excellent and the staff very polite and helpful. Food, though had limited choice, was excellent and reasonably priced. What I paid Rs 1400 at the Ashok in Delhi I got for 400 at the Merridian Coinbatore and of excllent quality and quantity. The Commen areas and the rooms have excellent ambiance. On the whole an enjoyable experience. Highly recomended

1 Thank ayushmanbhat
LeMeridien_CBE, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Coimbatore, responded to this review, June 16, 2013
Dear Dr. Bhat,
I understand that you were in Coimbatore during APICON and assume that you must be a Dr. Hence I must address you as Dr. Bhat. Thanks for sharing your feedback. Coimbatore was fortunate to host APICON- the largest medical conference of the country and Le Meridien being the Official Hotel. You are indeed right that the hotel and the city had experienced the busiest period ever during the conference. Today, after the conference is over, it is a very proud moment for all of us including the organizing committee that this APICON was adjudged as the best APICON ever hosted in the history. Le Meridien has been one of the strongest partner of this APICON and had contributed by successfully hosting the Conference Lunches and Dinners for more than 7000 delegates, each meal.
We are happy that you liked Le Meridien and thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you visit Coimbatore again in future and we look forward to having you with us.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 19, 2013

we had originally booked to stay at Hotel Angel in tirupur but at the last minute our suppliers advised that the Le meridien would be more comfortable so we switched. This was a 45 mins to 1 hour drive from Tirupur but it was worth it. The decor was fresh and modern, the italian resturant was great (the melting chocolate pudding is a must!) and we ordered room service one night and this again was great. only downside was the wifi- it was very slow on the first night and frustrated was an under-statement, but this seemed to improve for the 2nd and 3rd nights. Breakfast was a bit of everything and lots of choice but some of the fruit was a bit freezer burnt as they kept it chilled on freezing metal. Oh and the Dosa they served was more like a tortilla wrap than the ones i had become addicted to in other Chennai and Bangalore!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We are very pleased to know that you had a comfortable stay with us during your visit to Coimbatore / Tirupur. Increasingly more and more Garment and Retail company representatives from UK and Europe choose to stay at the Le Meridien Coimbatore as long stay guests to have a comfortable stay experience instead of staying in one of the small hotels in Tirupur.

We are sorry for the inconveniences you had faced with Wi-Fi on the first day of your stay but happy to note that it improved during the subsequent days. I must assure you that we take our guest feedback very seriously and immediately work on them to give them a superior stay experience. Have noted your point about the fruits on the Ice Bed / Freezing metal and would certainly work on it.

We are delighted to know that you had a great dining experience at our recently opened Italian restaurant- Favola. We would love to have you again with us during your next visit and I am sure that you would find a positive difference.

Lucknow, India
Reviewed March 16, 2013

As you fly into the city you fly over the hotel and it is just 5 minutes by taxi from the airport but very far from the city centre. An excellent place to stay because of the luxurious interiors and divine food, it may become an impediment if you have to travel to the city everyday for work. The traffic arterials are choked choc a block during office hours and may leave you feel petty depressed before you reach your work station. The conference facilities here are world class and the acoustics in the main hall is excellent. We organised a conference for 750 delegates and had not a single dissatisfied soul. The front desk welcomes you with a welcome lemon drink and the massive lounge with a fantastic chandelier attracts your attention almost at once. How many times have you stayed in a 5 star hotel and met the top boss of the hotel during your stay? In this hotel you can never miss him even if you stay for one day. His hands on attitude keeps the staff on their toes and makes your stay even more enjoyable as you are treated as his personal guest!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dear Mr. Surajit,

It’s very kind of you to spare some time to post this feedback on us and we are really glad that you were very comfortable with our accommodation and ambience. We are also honoured and pleased by your words of appreciation that will motivate our team to deliver superior hospitality experience. We stay focused to understand our guests, their needs and delight them on every available opportunity. It is our constant endeavour to deliver the world class Le Meridien Experience right from Arrival Welcome to Dining to Accommodation to Guest Service to Check out and most often we are able to achieve the desired satisfaction.

This new hotel’s convention facility is becoming increasingly popular and is getting to become the venue for large National and International conferences and meetings. As rightly noticed by you, we the Senior Management of the hotel believes that the best way to get feedback from guests and understand their comfort level is to be accessible to them all the time.
Thank you once again for your detailed feedback and we look forward to welcoming you again at the hotel in the near future.

Trivandrum, Kerala, India
Reviewed March 15, 2013

I stayed at Le Meridien with my family while attending a Conference at Coimbatore. We used to live in Coimbatore for many years and this was our first trip back after a long gap and we were happy to be back. Its close to the airport but since we came in by train, the hotel is quite far from the city center and with Coimbatore traffic increasing it was a stressful trip to the hotel. But once we entered the hotel, all our tiredness melted away. A beautiful soaring lobby and helpful staff to quickly check us in. the rooms were fantastic. very clean and well appointed. We had a good 3 days stay and did not want to leave the room! The restaurant was very good. We went only to the coffee shop where the breakfast buffet was served and that was very good. very wide variety of food. unfortunately we did not get a chance to visit the other restaurants.
But great stay well worth the price of admission! Staff were very helpful and courteous.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jay5150_11
Dear Jay,

We are really glad that you found our hotel interesting and worthy to spend three days with us and we are pleased to see the positive feedback from you and your appreciation is an inspiration to our team.

We welcome your family and you for your next visit to stay with us and carry with you some more memorable and pleasant moments from here. Taking this opportunity, must suggest you to explore that other world class dining options, Peacock- Distinctly Indian, Ponzu- Delightfully Asian and the newly opened Favola- Italian restaurant by the Pool. I am sure that you would thoroughly cherish each and every moment and go back with an enterprising experience.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I stayed in Le Meridien Coimbatore for 3 weeks in Feb 2013. Really enjoyed my stay here, the hotel looks fantastic on the road up and the garden and pond are like an oasis. Check in was quick and easy, rooms are very spacious and comfortable and were cleaned exceptionally every day. Most staff are friendly and helpful some even remember me by name although some do not have good english. Swimming pool is well maintained everyday and is very tranquil feeling on the quiet rooftop. Food in Pozu restraunt is some of the best Aisian I have ever had, Peacock is also very good. If there is one negetive thing to say about this hotel is the service in latest recipe buffet restraunt, it is so slow and I never seem to get what I order especially at breakfast. The hotel location is good just at the outskirts of the city which makes it peacful and at Avanashi road which easily connects to airport and other towns. Overall I had a very good experience here and would recomend it as the best and only place to stay in Coimbatore, as in the 3 weeks I spent in the area I did not see another hotel or place that could rival Le Meridien.

Room Tip: Room 2015 has a pool view and is just at the exit to the pool area
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
LeMeridien_CBE, Director of Sales at Le Meridien Coimbatore, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Dear Guest,
We can’t thank you enough for such a wonderful review following your stay with us.
It’s a pleasure to know that our location, services, food, rooms and the overall layout of the hotel was at par with your expectations. We do realize the needs of the much travelled and so focus to deliver a superior hospitality experience. I am glad we could achieve the desired satisfaction.
I have noted the concern pointed by you and shared the same with the department to ensure a smooth service to our patrons in the near future.
We thank you yet again for your support and will be delighted to see you soon at the Le Meridien Coimbatore.
Best Regards,
Director - Business Development
Bengaluru, India
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I was surprised to see that this hotel was rated the 5th best in Coimbatore. I am not sure how it can be rated anything but the best one in Coimbatore as it is good value, good location, and overall really quite good.

The ride from the airport did not take long although I was a bit upset that the driver was not there to meet me when I arrived. I had to call the hotel and they said he was stuck in some traffic. Once I arrived, check in was pretty well painless. There were some guests who came up to ask questions as I was checking in and the lady checking me in stopped to answer them which was also annoying. Once I got to the room, I found it to be in good shape and comfortable. I had a standard room with a King sized bed. Air conditioning worked well. Nice desk with plenty of power plugs and good wife in the hotel that came up right away and worked well. I did not get room service or use any of the amenities of the hotel. I did ask just for kicks and they said the spa was not yet open so there is no onsite massage available if that is something you are interested in. They have a very good restaurant downstairs that serves the typically lavish Indian buffet for dinner. Well done. I also had lunch there the next day and it was similarly good. In fact, they brought me a Coke which was freezing cold--the first time in India I got a Coke at the temperature I liked! I was there for a conference and found the facilities to be nicely apportioned although it did take them a while to bring more seats in when we had an overflow crowd. the staff though was very helpful. Check out of the hotel was easy. They gave me a very late checkout which was super nice and probably because of my Starwood Platinum status. They gave me a ride to the airport in a hotel car which was gratis due to the mix up from the night before in picking me up late. Overall a good hotel. Solid business person's hotel with good food, nice rooms, and I think the best hotel in Coimbatore now in terms of overall value and luxury.

Dear Guest,
First of all, we thank you for such a detailed review following your stay with us and sharing your experience with our fellow travelers.
I am glad your overall stay during your business trip to Coimbatore was a pleasant one and that you found it worthy enough to give such positive rankings. Understanding the needs of a modern traveler, we realize the importance of comfort and service to our guests and it’s gratifying to know that we could manage to achieve the desired satisfaction.
I have taken a note of all the concerns high lightened by you and assure you that the next time you visit us you will see a positive difference.
Once again thank you for giving us the opportunity to host you and we look forward to see you again and exceed your expectation every time you visit us.

Best regards,