“Comfortable - Old Fashioned”
Review of Hotel Sri Lakshmi

Hotel Sri Lakshmi
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Coimbatore
Hotel Sri Lakshmi
Ranked #59 of 99 Hotels in Coimbatore
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Have been a regular at Lakshmi Complex for the last 5 years. Location is the biggest advantage - right in the hub of the city. The rooms are old fashioned - and can do with some facelift to stay abreast with competition. Washrooms are clean. Excellent restaurant at the ground floor. Service can also improve.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed November 26, 2013

If toy are in Coimbatore the second largest city of T/Nadu and need to be close to your homely atmosphere be at SriLakshmi, Lakshmi complex. If you love your wife forget teh luxuro of a 5 star hotel and walk around in the evevning as an ideal place to buy something for your loved ones waiting at home for you. Excellent food at Annapurna at the ground floor with shops all around you are never bored. The coffee served in teh rooms are absolutely the one you get at home. The morning breakfast is the best. The services are prompt. But the furnishing is too poor.

Room Tip: All rooms are good but if possible try the KINGS & QUEEN Suites.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Samir S
Reviewed May 11, 2012

What i need to say is so much i could not manage to write in detail so giving some bullet points:
Room service was poor, as i didn't know tamil so they fully punished me for that.
Most of the times i ordered and got very less, so even by spending as high as 300 bucks for dinner (in a budget hotel as i expected) i slept hungry
My tv is not working and reception is saying its due to bad weather, which inspired me to write a review right now
Even if i am asking for a matchbox they ask for 1rs to get it from shop....:P
All in all worst experience ever....:(

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank DrSachin007
Reviewed May 11, 2012

I have been staying in this hotel since past 6 yrs almost 3-4 times in a year and last time in 2011 i had booked a room
but they didn't reserve my room i came to know about it when i reached there. They made me wait for 2 hrs from morning 5
as i was getting late for meetings i requested them to give me a room to get freshed and later on give me a room once ready.
on temperory basis they gave me their manager room on the top floor terace to use the bathroom and i deposited my lugage
@ the reception when i left for the meeting @ 9.am. When i came back in evening @ 7pm they cheked me into a new room.
next day morning @ 9am i checked out from the hotel i was shocked to see the hotel charges for 2 days.
they checked me in @ 7 pm and charged me for 2 days they argued that i used their manager room for getting fresh and my time
of checking counts from that time. i urged that i shall not pay the money so the whole hotel staff pounced on me and started
fighting with me. being lonely and as a stranger i took all the slaps and beatings as i couldn't over power them. they even
tore my shirt and my bag. as i was getting late for meeting i couldn't go to police station and file a complain on it.

I just dranked the poision and moved on as we are not gangsters like them we are business class people and don't have time
for nonsense. i warn all the people do not stay in this hotel as they don't have any ethics.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
9  Thank ROXYMEHTA
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We had done a telephone booking 1 week in advance. They accepted. When we reached the place, they flatly refused to give a room. Not only were they rude and abusive towards us as "young couple", but they asked us "what you will do?".

We showed them the marriage certificate and out IDs, but that didn't help because "it is in Hindi. No Hindi".

We made a scene following this comment. We shouted back this time, saying "If your children are characterless and you dont trust them, its YOUR fault, dont call all north Indians as "unmarried young couples" (whatever that meant)!

The attitude of another two hotels in Coimbatore was equally appalling. In the third hotel we went to, we showed the correct documents and got a room. But it was a disappointing anf humiliating experience. Our impression of Tamil Nadu took a backseat. Their tourism services suck big time, esp to "young couples"!

Room Tip: Young people, be careful. Read the review, it gives a good idea about the attitude of people there!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank mtvbakraa
Reviewed December 15, 2011

To start with, I will agree and state that this is a old property. You may find it pretty poor in ambience. But here are the reasons why I would recommend it
1. Decently crowd - you can stay with your family here. Not much of disturbance or noise.
2. Clean to a very considerable extent - as a person on the road almost 20 days in a month, I would say this is a place which is well maintained
3. Moderate pricing - A single bed non ac costs INR 770 incl taxes. Getting this price in the heart of Coimbatore is pretty tough considering the size of the rooms in this hotel.
4. Proximity to good restaurants, central bus stand

Room Tip: Take the double rooms with single occupancy. You get more space and value for money and most often...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Jayanthbm
Reviewed December 15, 2010

the hotel is in a very poor ambience definitely needs renovation . as said in the review list, the blankets are dusty, sound from window AC disturbs the sleep, not worth for high tariff of Rs.1375/- when other nearby new hotels charging Rs.975/- with good ambience.
not recomending for anyone to take chance .

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business