“Disappointing experience this time”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Rathna Residency & Vista Rooms
Ranked #31 of 96 Hotels in Coimbatore
Bengaluru, India
“Disappointing experience this time”
Reviewed June 3, 2014

HI, I stayed in this property in the second week of May 2014. Having spent 10 years of my life in Coimbatore, I have stayed in the Hotel for many times and all were fantastic. The best reason which attracts me to this hotel is the Valayapatti restaurant which is part of this hotel but operates from a separate building. This hotel by far have the best Non Veg meal served in Coimbatore, and I have been a fan.
This hotel can be accessed very easily from the Railway Station and that makes an immediate choice for me. I was surprised to know that Valayapatti restaurant was shut for renovation. My room was pre booked. But the personnel in Lobby informed that they only have one room which was adjacent to a meeting room, and this room had common doors to enter. The room which I strongly suspect was one level down than the one I booked and having reached Coimbatore in midnight, I settled for this.
I was greeted by couple of cockroaches in the room, which proved this room wasn't used for quite sometime, maybe because no one prefers it since adjacent to meeting room.
The breakfast was good enough, but the bar is pathetic with exorbitant rates.
This time, Rathna Residency disappointed. I have preferred to stay in this hotel again from 5th June for business trip, I am taking a chance, Let me see how the experience changes.

Room Tip: Opt for a bigger room
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 Thank Tobin T

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Rathna Residency twice in 2 weeks and both times the experience was good. They have pleasing staff and good service. Rooms are recently refurbished and well maintained and stocked. Great location and well connected with the Rly Station and Bus Stand.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
8 Thank Mari M
Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

We were residents of Coimbatore and Fusion restaurant is our regular dining option. This hotel is strategically located just behind railway station and is very easy to go around our city from here. Reception Rooms and 3 Restaurants inside the hotel were very nice. As far as FUSION restaurant is concerned they
have both Al a carte and buffet. we drove straight away from ooty to here and a pleasant lunch buffet.
In al a carte Drums of heaven and Tandoori fish is must try. We also once had breakfast buffet with a vast spread. Rates are not exorbitant .

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank feroze a
Naples, Florida
Reviewed March 15, 2014

stayed recently for 2 nights. The hotel was as good, in a convenient location and the staff overall very friendly and helpful. I would stay there again.
When i was already on my onward journey, I noticed that I had left an item in the safe. The staff retrieved it for me and sent it via courier to my address in the US. Thank you for going out of your way to make a customer happy!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
8 Thank Hilda C
Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed January 26, 2014

I had a horrible experience in this hotel. Never take this hotel if you are with your family.
My family was forcefully imprisoned in the hotel for a silly issue for one hour after the check out, by the arrogant goonda staff. I think the hotel is run by a maffia.
I checked in with my wife and three kids in this hotel on Christmas 2013. The room they provided was not at all child safe. On the third floor, they provided us a room in which the windows could not be locked. There was a very high risk of my kids falling from the third floor. In every room, they have a door opening to the very next room, which was locked when we check in. I don't know what is the purpose of this door. How can these room called private when it opens to another room? I haven't seen something like this in any other hotel. When we complained about the safety issue, they gave us another room in which the window can be locked.
After one night stay we checked out at12.45 noon, paid the entire bill and left the counter. All my family including the 1 year old girl and 3 & 14 year old boys entered the car and we started the car, when one person came to me and asked me to come to the reception, where the receptionist asked me to pay Rs 2500 for a few sketch pen marks what my 3 year old made in the bed sheet. i said no, since he hasn’t damaged anything. Then the manager Mr. P Vijayaraghavan arrived and informed that we cannot leave the hotel without paying this. My wife told him that the marks are completely washable and we are ready to pay the dry cleaning charges. This person threw the bed sheet at her and shouted at her to wash the sheet and leave the hotel. She is a consultant doctor. I asked them to settle it legally if they have a dispute, came back to my car and started the car for leaving since we are already late for the onward journey. The manager asked the security to lock the gates. We were imprisoned in their premises within my car for one hour. All my three kids were horrified with this incident and started to cry loudly, when the manager, seeing that the situation is going beyond their control allowed us to go. There was no apology form anyone. My wife narrated this incident to their managing partner/ owner on the phone and his pride didn't allow him an apology. I have made a police complaint. It is one month from the incident now; still there is no apology.

Room Tip: There are doors opening to the next room, a security threat. Close to train station
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Gijothomas

Travelers are raving about these Coimbatore hotels

Thiruvananthapuram (Trivandrum), India
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Room Tip: Not good for family. Rooms have a door opening to the next room , a security issue. Some of the wind...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Gijothomas
Coimbatore, India
Reviewed October 18, 2013

This Hotel is strategically located just 0.5 Km from the railway station, about 1 Km from the
main market and shopping area and about 12 Km from the Airport. It has a nice elevation. Looks great from outside. Even when we enter inside, the reception area looks very nice and elegant. There is ample space around the Hotel for car parking.They have 2 banquet halls. One with a seating capacity of about 100 and another with 250 capacity. The food taste is nice. They have low-cost buffet for breakfast, lunch and dinner, priced at 120, 199 and 299 (plus tax). But then their spread is also proportionately less.

The two minus points I noticed were : First, the reception and the serving staff seemed dispirited and slow. They did not jump excitedly at any query. They did not go the extra inch to please the guest. When I asked for extra sugar cube for my coffee, the waiter said, "Sir, sugar is already added in the coffee !!" It was only when I repeated my need, did the waiter get me the sugar. Second negative point was that everything is clean on the bigger front. But go closer and in the corners and the hidden crevices, the dark story begins to show. Paint is cracking, even cement is chipping, there was dust and cobwebs, the bathroom taps and other stainless steel items were not shining. They are also a little inflexible when it comes to negotiating rates for banquet halls.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business