“Horrible Sheets”

Hotel Rathna Residency & Vista Rooms
Ranked #64 of 103 Hotels in Coimbatore
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed as a Group of friends booking 4 rooms. Found hair, semen, blood stains on the sheets. This hotel would have been closed down had it been in Europe.
Food is good. Will never ever stay in this place ever!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed August 19, 2012

After a hot and muggy train ride down from Ooty + a 1 hour cab ride from Mettapulayam, it was a relief to arrive at the airconditioned Hotel Rathna Residency. The room was clean, although the shower didn't have hot water when we wanted it (at some point we had hot water, but gone the next morning), and the wifi didn't work in the room. The staff was very fast in helping us when we had problems (e.g. no toilet paper). We had dinner at the restaurant downstairs. Food was good, but overall experience a bit awkward. Waiters would not leave us alone, and were constantly hovering around our table waiting to scoop more food on our plates. Even when we were filling out an evaluation form, at least one waiter was practically looking over our shoulder to see what we filled in. Perhaps this was because it was early, and we were the only guests in the restaurant. Location is excellent when traveling by train. The train station (back entrance) is a 5 minute walk from the hotel. If you're traveling through, and looking for a decent clean place to stay (with two restaurants), then this is a good choice in our opinion.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank RoverRose
Reviewed August 12, 2012

It is much easy to travel to Coimbatore by train than flight, if you are in any of the South Indian metro. Also there are number of good hotels very near to the station. Hotel Rathna Residency is one such place, with added advantage of location in a very calm place. The hotel in a calm place, as it is on the back side of the main station entrance. The hotel staff are very courteous, the rooms are kept clean and tidy. The hotel rooms covers all the basic requirements for a business traveler. The hotel serves a good south Indian breakfast. The buffet breakfast covers requirement of a continental breakfast also. The spread is good and one could really enjoy a full & satisfactory breakfast. The bar & restaurant are also good for a South Indian food, and the Chettinad food is the specialty of this Hotel. It is the best bet in this city for a days stay. .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Padcee
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

We were four persons and the stay was of two days duration. intially they accepted to allot 2 rooms for us, later whn we arrived at the hotel at 7pm rooms were all sold off was thier answer. After a heated conversation with front desk ppl and manager they acceptd to allot rooms after 1-2 hours as a check out was to be made by two ppl. we went for dinner outside after makin 2500per room advance charges and came back at 10 pm. to our suprise again we were informed tat rooms sold off completely and advance cash was given back. such a heartless money minded ppl, never consider this hotel !

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank electrifiedheart
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Recently, I have stayed in Hotel Rathna Residency in Coimbatore alongwith my Family. While starting from chennai, I have confirmed the reservation from Chennai and the next day, it is available and the check-in formalities have been very easy and very fast. The Hotel Staff were courteous to direct the way to reach the Hotel.
In fact, they have allowed our Pets inside our Room, for which I have to thank them for accommodating our pet Rabbits.
The Food was excellent and my son enjoyed the Buffet Breakfast.
In the evening, we had dinner in the Roof Top Restaurant enjoying the IPL in the big Screens.
The Room Service and the House Keeping were extraordinary and more than perfect.
A Nice Hotel for a stay during the weekend.

Room Tip: Roof Top Restaurant is good for the Dinner
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank sajchid
Management response:Responded July 8, 2012

Thanks for your feedback and look forward to your visit in future and be of help at all times

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I am enchanted by the lovely small city of Coimbatore. I stayed at the hotel and attended a fabulous wedding reception and was impressed by both. My room was very big, much bigger than comparable ones in the US, with very strong A/C. I agree with those who said that their rooms could have used a fresh coat of paint, but I found it to be clean. The complimentary soaps, shampoos,etc were very tiny and I used my own. The shower was comfortable with plenty of hot water.

As an American in India, I was surprised to find that plentiful toilet paper is not standard in hotel rooms. I think it should be made available for everyone, native or tourist.

The food at the wedding reception was excellent and the breakfast buffet was OK.

As I'm not familiar with the city, I don't know how convenient the location was, but it seemed I could get to and from other points of the city very easily.

This is not a luxury hotel, but I found it to be very restful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank cootmom

Reviewed June 14, 2012

The best thing about this hotel is its location. Not too impressed with the food nor the facilities. However, Coimbatore doesn't have much choice, in this range. I will recommend this place for its location - I spent less time in intra-city travel.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business